Thread: Tim Tebow, Major League Baseball Player?

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend

Tim Tebow, Major League Baseball Player?

Former NFL quarterback and current ESPN broadcaster Tim Tebow is actively pursuing a career in professional baseball and plans to hold a workout for Major League Baseball teams later this month, according to his agents Jimmy Sexton and Nick Khan.

For almost the past year, Tebow has been training in Arizona and Los Angeles to hone his hitting and fielding skills in a sport he has not played on a full-time basis since 2005.

Tebow was an all-state baseball player in Florida that year and hit .494 as a junior, helping Nease High School reach the final four of the Florida state playoffs.

"Obviously we support Tim in his pursuit of a baseball career, as we have in all his ventures," said Sexton, Tebow's football agent, who is now working with CAA baseball agent Brodie Van Wagenen.

"Tim's athletic ability, his work ethic, his leadership and his competitiveness were evident in football and will show in baseball. Knowing Tim's passion and desire, we won't be surprised by anything he accomplishes."

Tebow — who will turn 29 on Sunday — has notified his current employer, ESPN, of his desire to chase a baseball career, but he will continue to fulfill his broadcast obligations to the network.
    http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...ional-baseball
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"If someone tells me that I've hurt their feelings, I say, “I'm still waiting to hear what your point is.”"
    - Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Bantam Division paddynyc's Avatar
    Isn't it nice to have all this free time to pick up and just say "Hey, I'm going to play baseball". Good for him
    "Meet me later in the gymnasium, next to the dumbbells... you'll know me, I got a hat on."
    Curly

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars BSBH Prospect
    Still think he's stupid for not being open to playing a different position. The guy has a build of a linebacker/running back. Should have tried either one IMO.

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    Or a tight end
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Moderator Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane Falco View Post
    Still think he's stupid for not being open to playing a different position. The guy has a build of a linebacker/running back. Should have tried either one IMO.
    Or he was smart enough to realize that he wasn't anywhere close to being a good enough athlete to play elsewhere.

Former Moderator BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    Or he was smart enough to realize that he wasn't anywhere close to being a good enough athlete to play elsewhere.
    Yet not smart enough to avoid this current decision.

Moderator Junior Division
    Why is it dumb to try to play pro baseball?

Senior Member Bantam Division sg3's Avatar
    He just batted something around the Mendoza line in the Ariz fall league