Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Rangers Sign [D] Sergey Zborvskiy to 3-Year ELC; $734.1K AAV

  1. #1
    Sticks Out For Harambe BSBH Prospect
    CreaseCrusader91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Posts
    18,941
    Rep Power
    116

    Rangers Sign [D] Sergey Zborvskiy to 3-Year ELC; $734.1K AAV

    Signed to ELC.

    Ren Lavoie

    #rangers Sergey Zborovskiy: 3 years / $633 000 AAV + $278 000 SB (2 way) #tvasports
    Hidden Content
    “Practice isn't the thing you do once you're good. It's the thing you do that makes you good.”- Malcolm Gladwell

  2. #2
    Moderator Junior Division
    Future's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    5,043
    Rep Power
    97
    Probably a slim chance, but would be nice to see him get a shot in the A this year.

  3. #3
    Former Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Cash or Czech?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    16,318
    Rep Power
    60
    He's not eligible for the AHL. 19 years old and birthday after December 31st.

    And he definitely needs another year of juniors at least.

  4. #4
    Moderator Junior Division
    Future's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    5,043
    Rep Power
    97
    Quote Originally Posted by Cash or Czech? View Post
    He's not eligible for the AHL. 19 years old and birthday after December 31st.

    And he definitely needs another year of juniors at least.
    Yea, well, I said slim chance lol

    Forgot about the age rule

  5. #5
    Let's talk about stickers Junior Division
    TwoMinutesForNothing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    6,764
    Rep Power
    57
    He is eligible because he's European, unless the rule has changed. Anisimov went to the AHL a year early based on this rule. Doesn't mean that this kid will, just saying he technically could.

  6. #6
    Kreidurrr BSBH Prospect
    Drew a Penalty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    13,591
    Rep Power
    115
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoMinutesForNothing View Post
    He is eligible because he's European, unless the rule has changed. Anisimov went to the AHL a year early based on this rule. Doesn't mean that this kid will, just saying he technically could.
    It has nothing to do with being European or not. It's a matter of where you were pre-NHL draft. Zborovskiy was already playing in the WHL before he was drafted into the NHL. That's the case for any player out of the CHL regardless of where you're born. An American player that was drafted out of the USHL for instance, plays a season in the CHL, but can play in the AHL at 19. ie. Stefan Matteau if we want to use an American example.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    Kevin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    2,482
    Rep Power
    34
    You guys and your knowledge of everything hockey is simply astounding!

  8. #8
    Former Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Cash or Czech?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    16,318
    Rep Power
    60
    What Drew said. For instance Matthews was drafted out of the Swiss league so he could go to the AHL if needed. Similarly Mikko Rantanen could play in the AHL because he was drafted out of Finland. Ivan Provorov however could not because he was drafted out of Canadian Juniors.

  9. #9
    The Dolphin Whisperer BSBH Rookie
    Morphinity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    28,175
    Rep Power
    344
    This may be a stupid question, but if this kid can't play in the AHL and is unlikely to play in the NHL this season, why did they sign him to an ELC?

  10. #10
    Let's talk about stickers Junior Division
    TwoMinutesForNothing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    6,764
    Rep Power
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by Morphinity View Post
    This may be a stupid question, but if this kid can't play in the AHL and is unlikely to play in the NHL this season, why did they sign him to an ELC?
    Because he's a good player so might as well get it out of the way while you can. Contract doesn't kick in until he turns pro so this year won't count towards the three years.

  11. #11
    Moderator Junior Division
    Future's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    5,043
    Rep Power
    97
    Quote Originally Posted by Cash or Czech? View Post
    What Drew said. For instance Matthews was drafted out of the Swiss league so he could go to the AHL if needed. Similarly Mikko Rantanen could play in the AHL because he was drafted out of Finland. Ivan Provorov however could not because he was drafted out of Canadian Juniors.
    I think, eventually, a lot more players are going to go this route and junior leagues are going to have to adjust if they want to keep top talent.

  12. #12
    Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Puck Head's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    North Pole
    Posts
    10,520
    Rep Power
    110
    Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    I think, eventually, a lot more players are going to go this route and junior leagues are going to have to adjust if they want to keep top talent.
    Agreed.
    The USHL has closed a significant gap on major Jr hockey in regards to development.
    Players can play at age 16 and 17
    Become NHL draft selections

    And then proceed to
    NHL
    NCAA
    AHL
    Or even to Major JR hockey without abiding to transfer rules. JT Miller is a good example

  13. #13
    #MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    80,824
    Rep Power
    354
    Quote Originally Posted by Morphinity View Post
    This may be a stupid question, but if this kid can't play in the AHL and is unlikely to play in the NHL this season, why did they sign him to an ELC?
    His contract slides. Doesn't count against the 50-contract limit.
    Hidden Content

    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi


    "If someone tells me that I've hurt their feelings, I say, “I'm still waiting to hear what your point is.”"
    - Christopher Hitchens

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •