Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Twitter Bans Milo Yiannopoulos After Targeted Abuse

Moderator Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Rome 2.0 View Post
    Not at all. That's entirely different, because it involves children.

What I'm saying is that free speech means free speech for all. Especially those you disagree with.
    Ok, a husband emotionally abusing his wife. The point is that free speech doesn't really apply to emotional abuse.

And not to be pedantic but isn't it a bit ironic that the person who runs a message board which consistently bans people for trolling, more or less, has a problem with Twitter doing the same thing? I mean, isn't firegorton basically just Milo?

Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    Ok, a husband emotionally abusing his wife. The point is that free speech doesn't really apply to emotional abuse.

And not to be pedantic but isn't it a bit ironic that the person who runs a message board which consistently bans people for trolling, more or less, has a problem with Twitter doing the same thing? I mean, isn't firegorton basically just Milo?
    You're assuming Milo brings nothing substantive to the table at all.

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend

Twitter Bans Milo Yiannopoulos After Targeted Abuse

To my knowledge no one has ever been banned here for holding conservative opinions. Or differing ones. In fact, quite the opposite. I encourage disagreement. It keeps things lively.

Everyone banned was banned based on breaking rules and almost always in the case of conservative types, for the language they used to share those opinions.

I don't deny there's a conflict of interest here that you rightfully pointed out, but the distinctions matter.

I also don't view BSBH on the same level of national discussion platform I do Twitter. There's a greater importance for diversity there than here.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you’'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Oh, and to be forthright, if Milo were a member here he'd have been banned by now. Not for his conservative views, but because he shares them repeatedly by insult and ad hominem.

I also personally believe in the right to offend while simultaneously not allowing it here. And I understand that can appear hypocritical. It's not. Because BSBH is not me. It's it's own platform which history has shown me operates better when there are rules enforced over how opinions are shared. I happen to post here. But it exists independently of me.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you’'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Former Moderator BSBH Legend
    So how many of you guys who are upset with this banning deleted your twitter accounts?

Why would I need to delete my Twitter account if I am upset with something Twitter does?

You're upset with bad banking, right? Did you close your bank account?
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Why would I need to delete my Twitter account if I am upset with something Twitter does?

You're upset with bad banking, right? Did you close your bank account?
    I'm not upset with my bank. I was upset with BoA and changed to Chase.

How else to do you express displeasure with a company other than discontinuing use of its products?

By criticising it. One of the most effective means is from within. Which many upset by Milo's ban have done. #FreeMilo was trending for hours after this first broke.

There are multiple means to protest and/or cry foul.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

By criticising it. One of the most effective means is from within. Which many upset by Milo's ban have done. #FreeMilo was trending for hours after this first broke.

There are multiple means to protest and/or cry foul.
    So you protest twitter by using more twitter?

Bet they really feel that.

I didn't claim it's the best means. Just that it is one. I also don't consider Milo's ban a big enough issue to delete my account. But that doesn't mean I can't call them silly for doing it.

When there Rangers make a bad deal I don't stop being a fan. I complain until the issue is rectified. Nothing I say is solely responsible for that, but if that were the barometer, why are any of us posting on this forum?
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

I didn't claim it's the best means. Just that it is one. I also don't consider Milo's ban a big enough issue to delete my account. But that doesn't mean I can't call them silly for doing it.

When there Rangers make a bad deal I don't stop being a fan. I complain until the issue is rectified. Nothing I say is solely responsible for that, but if that were the barometer, why are any of us posting on this forum?
    Awful analogy.

Your "Fandom", or lack of, doesn't hit the Rangers' bottom line.

If you bought tickets and bitched as much as you do, I'd tell you to stop buying them.

Point is, if this banning was really an outrage, people would leave twitter. And they aren't. Because no one really gives a fuck.

They are talking an awful lot for not giving a shit.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

If anyone cares, look in to the DNC email leaks from Wikileaks. Beyond the fact that Twitter is censoring it, Bernie got so fucked and the DNC, and I'm sure the RNC as well, is so corrupt, it's just a sham.

Another big purge of conservative accounts on Twitter.

The best example from yesterday's purge was the @isitracist account that lasted for about a day.

All the account did was take anti-white posts and replace the word white with black, illustrating who the real racists are (hint: it's the leftist, BLM apologists).

Of course, this was immediately banned while all the original quoted accounts it was satirizing were just fine.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/n...unts/93943194/

SAN FRANCISCO —*Twitter suspended a number of accounts associated with the alt-right*movement, the same day the social media service said it would crack down on hate speech.

They call me Shaq Bantam Division
    So a troll account got banned?
    ___________LETS GO RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, that's fine, there were some trolls that got banned, but it's all one sided that's my beef.

Check out @nopenotracist

It's hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    Another big purge of conservative accounts on Twitter.

The best example from yesterday's purge was the @isitracist account that lasted for about a day.

All the account did was take anti-white posts and replace the word white with black, illustrating who the real racists are (hint: it's the leftist, BLM apologists).

Of course, this was immediately banned while all the original quoted accounts it was satirizing were just fine.
    Both sides have real racists. Neither is the/a party of it. Insinuating this is bad identity politics.

BLM and the Alt Right probably have the most respectively, but racists exist across the spectrum of identity.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345