• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

PlayStation theater

The Dude

Ok, so Friday I'm going with a bunch of friends to see John Carpenter "live in perspective" at the PlayStation theater. What the fuck am I wearing to this?

Do I go full fledged weirdo with shorts and my "Hot Rod" Roddy Piper tee shirt? Or is this a shirt and tie affair?

I've never dressed specifically to go to a concert other than wear a band t-shirt if I have one.

This. It also depends on what type of show it is. Is it some type of Q and A? If so, you could probably get away with wearing a polo shirt.

It's just John Carpenter playing the music from all his movies, with screen shots of them in the back.. pretty much playing the themes from the Thing, Big trouble in little China, They Live, and so on. Him on a keyboard and his band..

Lol, how do you match such an act?

I've never dressed specifically to go to a concert other than wear a band t-shirt if I have one.

Generally, yes, but if you are leaving right from work, you can end up being over-dressed. Like when I leave work to see metal bands. I'm not gonna be the only idiot there in a collared shirt. So I bring a regular shirt with me or wear it underneath.

Pete needs to chime in He's helped me out in the past along with Rome, Morph, and a few others.

I just trust Pete more because Rome sometimes appears to be the bass player in a Nordic thrash band

LOL.

Jeans and polo shirt should be fine.

Agree with Pete, jeans and polo is a very safe and staple choice

Shorts and Hotrod shirt it is. Lol.

Thanks for all input from everyone.

I'm going to dress along the lines of what everyone else will be wearing (going with 5 other people).

Archived