Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rangers Draft [RW] Ty Ronning in 7th Rd (201st) Pick

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Couldn't have been born in a better era to overcome the size.

If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    Yeah, his size won't be much of a factor if the other elements of his game translate as he advances in his career.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    His dad was small, too. So he was taught how to play with size. Also, his dad was a puck distributor, so he taught him how to get open and get in scoring position.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

//reported Junior Division
    I aleays forget about this kid.
    LGR!

Just looked him up on eliteprospects. Jesus...how many years can you play in the W?
    Kid’s already 20 and played in 12 AHL games last season. Is that par for the course?
    (I’m brand new to prospects, let alone 7th round picks)

Will this kid be in Hartford soon?
    LGR!

Quote Originally Posted by phillyb™ View Post
    Just looked him up on eliteprospects. Jesus...how many years can you play in the W?
    Kid’s already 20 and played in 12 AHL games last season. Is that par for the course?
    (I’m brand new to prospects, let alone 7th round picks)

Will this kid be in Hartford soon?
    They haven't actually signed him. After his junior season last year he signed a tryout contract to play with the pack. The have until June 1 this year to sign him. I'd imagine he'll be back in Hartford after his junior season is over. They look like they'll be in the playoffs this year though, so his juniors season may be longer than the Packs'

Oh I didn't realize he wasn't signed. Thanks LLTK
    LGR!

Senior Member Midget Division
    The kid should be signed, he is going to play in the NHL eventually.

up to 51 goals and 71 points through 55 games...

@NYRangers: OFFICIAL: #NYR have agreed to terms with forward Ty Ronning on an entry-level contract.

about time...

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Vancouver Giants scoring ace Ty Ronning signs with New York Rangers

http://theprovince.com/sports/hockey...w-york-rangers

The diminutive Vancouver Giants winger inked a three-year entry-level contract Monday with the NHL’s New York Rangers.
    His 55 goals ranks him tied for second in the Western Hockey League.

Last month, Ronning became the first Giants to ever reach the 50-goal plateau when he netted the milestone marker Feb. 14 in a 4-2 win over the Portland Winterhawks.

With every goal he scores, Ronning adds to his single-season franchise record for most goals in a season, previously held by Evander Kane who notched 48 goals in the 2008-09 season.
    The Giants, who still have seven games remaining in the WHL regular season, kick off a stretch of five straight road games Wednesday in Kelowna against the B.C. Division leading Rockets.
    7 RS + Playoffs left.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Vancouver Giants scoring ace Ty Ronning signs with New York Rangers

http://theprovince.com/sports/hockey...w-york-rangers

7 RS + Playoffs left.
    Their regular season ends on 3/17, the Pack on 4/14. If they lose in the first round he should get into a couple Pack games.

Senior Member Midget Division
    good breeding i suppose. 5-9 isnt all that bad. guess we will see him in camp in the fall?

Deleted Midget Division
    Bottom six f in the NHL. His numbers are inflated. We'll see what he does in the A.

Shawcappella BSBH Prospect
    I wouldn't call his numbers inflated. They're what you expect of a good overage season. He's made a lot of progress and he's done a lot of the offensive work in Vancouver on his own.

Yea, there is no other star player on his line feeding him the puck and he'll still scored more goals this year than the previous 2 years combined.

He pretty much put last year's 2nd worst WHL team on his back and carried them to the playoffs, granted the BC Division doesn't look very strong this year, but with largely the same team the went from 26 games under .500 to currently 10 games over.

Deleted Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew a Penalty View Post
    I wouldn't call his numbers inflated. They're what you expect of a good overage season. He's made a lot of progress and he's done a lot of the offensive work in Vancouver on his own.
    I would and did. Over aging in the W and putting up "good" numbers as an undersized player rarely translates to the pros. Though this may be the all-time best opportunity for a player like him, admittedly.

What exactly makes them inflated though? Maybe you mean to use another word, but I don't think it's inflated. His numbers are on the normal to good side for someone his age.

He's one of the highest primary scorers in the WHL relative to ice time. Meaning he's very productive in the moderate amount of ice time he gets despite playing on a mostly shit team. I don't think anyone is saying future 30 goal scorer, but he's done a lot to do well and has improved his game to the extent that he's relevant to the organization.

Deleted Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew a Penalty View Post
    What exactly makes them inflated though? Maybe you mean to use another word, but I don't think it's inflated. His numbers are on the normal to good side for someone his age.

He's one of the highest primary scorers in the WHL relative to ice time. Meaning he's very productive in the moderate amount of ice time he gets despite playing on a mostly shit team. I don't think anyone is saying future 30 goal scorer, but he's done a lot to do well and has improved his game to the extent that he's relevant to the organization.
    I exactly mean inflated. His stats are not indiciditive of his abilities/size/entire package. They're inflated due to him being overaged, in a league where the average size of the player is closer to his minute stature.
    He projects to being a bottom six forward because of this as a ceiling, probably. Anything can happen, obviously.

Except they're not inflated and you can continue to try and argue that. You're right in saying to take his production with a grain of salt because it's against junior competition, but you're providing a "no duh" argument.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast