Thread: Rangers Draft [D] Tarmo Reunanen in 4th Rd (98th) Pick [From ARI]

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend

Rangers Draft [D] Tarmo Reunanen in 4th Rd (98th) Pick [From ARI]

Name: Tarmo Reunanen
    Position: D
    Shoots: Left
    Current Team: TPS (Liiga)

Elite Prospects Profile: http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=221513

Reunanen is an offensive minded defenceman who can carry the puck, dangle through traffic and set up his teammates. While he relies on his offensive skills, he is not a defensive liability. Poised and calm in his own end. Doesn't shy away from physical play. (EP 2015)

Current Statistics
    HockeyDB.com Page:http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=186150
    Team Player Page:http://hc.tps.fi/joukkue/puolustajat...anen/tilastot/
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you’'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Former Moderator BSBH Prospect
    He and Bodie (if re-signed) are the only offensive defensemen prospects in the system. Glad they nabbed one, hopefully he'll be healthy this year.

Shawcappella BSBH Prospect
    I don't really know much about the kid. With all of the good puck movers available in this draft, I'm not sure why him.

a.k.a.Phildagoalie Junior Division
    Seems like a decent sensible kind of pick for a 4th round. Moves the puck but defensively sound as well and not afraid to play the body. Sounds like it checks most of the playoffs requirements boxes to me.
    If n ya gots jowls, they might as well be furry ones.

Shawcappella BSBH Prospect
    Link
    Tarmo Reunanen, D, Finland – Poised defender with elite level vision, Reumanen projects as a defender who can kick-start the rush with clean crisp no-look passes. He shows good mobility but there’s some cleaning up to do in that department. It’s his puck handling ability, strong vision and puck distribution skills that make him a top target. 2016 NHL Draft eligible
    Link
    An injury caused Reunanen to miss a lot of last season in the Finnish Elite League. He played just 11 regular-season games and two preseason contests for TPS.

Reunanen benefits from his feistiness and good stick on defense, both of which add to his package. His offensive game and crisp passing have teams talking about him.

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    I like the sound of this kid.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you’'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens