Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Playoff Thread

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Am I the only one who has a feeling that with Greens suspension the league is trying to artificially enhance the series and potentially make a 6 gamer? I mean it very well could end tonight with the Warriors winning big, but its a big piece of their team missing tonight, and we should expect Lebron to be going full bore to try and extend this thing

Senior Member Bantam Division Faiz's Avatar
    I don't know, I think the league just realized that they can't let Draymond keep hitting people in the nuts with no action. The hitting of the nuts is not what caused the suspension, it's accumulating flagrant fouls that did. They reviewed the game afterwards and gave him a flagrant, giving him enough flagrants to earn a one game suspension.

He hit Adams in the nuts like 3-4 times last series, and there were no consequences. Especially after this happened and the league only fined him $25,000. Keep in mind, literally the game before this (Raps-Cavs), Dahntay Jones was suspended for a tap to Bismack Biyombo's balls (as you can see here). That kick was waaay worse than what Jones did, yet Jones gets the suspension and Draymond walked off clean because he's star.

You can see the nut kicking here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjeAMfW3RS0 , and keep in mind these are almost all from these playoffs minus the Jazz, Grizzlies and Celtics one.

Also, I read somewhere that the NBA doesn't make more money depending on series length because they already signed TV contracts for the playoffs, and the amount is set. I tried to fact check this and couldn't confirm it 100%, but they do make their money from TV contracts and they have been signed already for the whole series, regardless of # of games.
    Last edited by Faiz; 06-13-2016 at 04:18 PM.

LeBron is a beast. Back to back 41 point games in elimination games. Forcing a game 7 from down 3-1.

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    It was the Kyrie show early to give them the big lead but then James took over.
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

🔴⚪️🔵 BSBH Prospect
    Kyrie and James have been unstoppable ,Tristan Thompson has been a beast on the boards and defensively, and good ole JR has made some big plays.On the other hand Curry and Thompson have been pedestrian for their standards,and GS is missing so many open shots its incredible.
    Huge home advantage in game 7 obviously for the Warriors but i think the Cavs aren't intimidated anymore and if James has another game like that the Cavs win it.
    I hate Lebron but those last 2 performances are amazing.

I hate Curry more than LeBron. I want to smack that mouth piece out of his mouth
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

🔴⚪️🔵 BSBH Prospect
    I get annoyed by Curry as well,I think he is too cocky now ,I guess its bound to happen with MVPs,but definitely starting to get irked by his face.

a.k.a.Phildagoalie Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by !br-avery! View Post
    I get annoyed by Curry as well,I think he is too cocky now ,I guess its bound to happen with MVPs,but definitely starting to get irked by his face.
    That was a helluva game last night.

Most of the season I've watched Knicks games and not much Golden State. Hard not to agree with the above. Very cocky smart-assed attitude. For a guy with so much talent he really doesn't need to bring the soccer-style "flops" and stupid sneaky fouls and penalties. He invited Cleveland to get in his head. Could cost his team big time if he does not get his mental house in order.

Huge home advantage in game 7 obviously for the Warriors but i think the Cavs aren't intimidated anymore and if James has another game like that the Cavs win it.
    Setting up for a good game 7. I hope Cleveland can be mentally strong enough not to let GS home court be a deciding factor.
    Last edited by Respecttheblue; 06-17-2016 at 09:35 AM.
    If n ya gots jowls, they might as well be furry ones
    Hidden Content

Because its a game 7 where the road team never wins in the finals, because its the 73 win warriors and how they don't lose at home, and because its Cleveland the city where disaster always looms around the corner, its still hard to picture Cleveland winning this game 7

However if somehow some way they do pull off the unthinkable, that win would have to truly cement Lebrons legacy. I'm sure he'll always have his detractors and haters, but he will always have the ammo in his belt that says he took the Cavaliers to a game 7 on the road and slayed the 73 win beast Warriors

LeBron's so close to finally winning one for "The Land" (reference to the ad), but it's going to be really tough. TT has been dcent this series except for last game where he was outstanding. JR had a good game, but he's so inconsistent I don't expect him to do much in game 7. He has one good game and 3 bad and then one good, 3 bad, repeat.

Steph and Klay have seemed to find some of their mojo in the past couple games, but that's just not enough against a rolling Cavs team.

Keep in mind this is all with K Love playing like absolute ass. LeBron and Kyrie have been killing it, and deserve almost all the credit for the last two wins. Kerr is being outcoached as well. LeBron going off for 18 straight points for the Cavs in the second half yesterday was amazing.
    Harrison Barnes has been garbage too, he's not hit a shot in God knows how long, and has been bricking open shots. Really hurting his value in FA this season. Iguodala having pain yesterday in his back and legs is a bad sign, without him it's hard to imagine GSW winning against Cavs. Draymond Green was just invisible yesterday, after talking shit about how if he was playing they would've won in 5. Everyone that said LeBron can't score 40+ with Draymond in are biting their words. It's LeBron, enough said. (And I'm not even a LeBron fan)

I agree with you Scags, winning a championship would truly cement his legacy. Winning one for Cleveland would be huge from him.

I just wish we have a game within 10 points for once though. Hoping Game 7 is like that.
    Last edited by Faiz; 06-17-2016 at 05:01 PM.

Kyrie and James have been unstoppable ,Tristan Thompson has been a beast on the boards and defensively, and good ole JR has made some big plays.On the other hand Curry and Thompson have been pedestrian for their standards,and GS is missing so many open shots its incredible.
    This has been very overlooked. There have been many instances where TT has switched onto Curry and played some solid D on him despite going up against a great ball handler. On switches he's looked solid, and that's what every team wants from a center now-a-days, the ability to switch and guard multiple positions.

This play was the best though: https://streamable.com/rq7e

ImagineAcceptingTheTruth Junior Division
    Congrats Cavs!

Amazing comeback to win that championship for city of Cleveland.

I wasn't really a LeBron fan but the way he played really had me hoping the Cavs won, he/they deserved it. Congrats Cavs.

I wanted the Cavs to win only because I don't like Golden State's cockiness. Would love to smack the mouth piece out of Curry's mouth
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Senior Member Junior Division
    Curry played dumb the entire series... I lost count of how many terrible shot decisions he made.

That block by LeBron when it was tied 89 was insane

If this doesn't cement Lebron's greatness than nothing will ever please his detractors. Without him the Cavs are barely a 5th or 6th seed in the NBA eastern conference.

This was an unbelievable comeback and an unbelievable series by him and the Cavs. Even Love stepped up for game 7 and his defense on Curry at the end was huge.

Senior Member Bantam Division paddynyc's Avatar
    Never thought they'd comeback from 3 down or even win the series after the first 2 games. Amazing comeback by the Cavs
    "Meet me later in the gymnasium, next to the dumbbells... you'll know me, I got a hat on."
    Curly

Can we make this the general NBA thread if enough people are interested in talking ball?

This off-season was crazy, if a few years ago, or even a year ago, I could see into the future and saw the changes coming this season I'd think it were some parallel timeline.
    First of all, the salary caps rising has gotten so many people overpaid (well, overpaid for now, but will eventually become average). People are getting 15m + salaries and max contracts are being thrown around like nothing. Mozgov signed a 64m/4yr contact, can you believe that?

Then, Kobe retires, followed by Tim Duncan, followed by KG, the longest active NBA player. The era's coming to an end, all the greats from when I was growing up are gone. I missed the earlier eras of the NBA, but the players I've known to become icons, Allen Iverson, Steve Nash, Tim Duncan, KG, Kobe, T-Mac, Jason Kidd, Grant Hill, Rasheed Wallace, Ben Wallace, Chauncey Billups, Rip Hamilton, Shaq, and JO (and a lot more), are no longer there.

THEN, Kevin Durant signs with the Warriors. THE WARRIORS. One of the best, if not best, offensive players in the league signing with the best team in the history of the NBA (record wise), going to a team that was 73-9 in the regular season.
    Rondo and Wade are on the same team, and that same team is not the Heat. They're on the Bulls now, which I'd never have imagined in a million years.
    Joakim Noah and D-Rose are on the Knicks now with Melo.

If I woke up from a one year coma today, I would think a prank was being played on me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12