• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Unclaimed Property Website

Dave

So I stumbled upon this site which was link from the State of NJ website:

https://www.missingmoney.com/Main/Index.cfm

You can search by your name and limit by state. Then you get a list of any unclaimed property the State is holding for that name. If you can match it to an address you live/lived at, then you can submit a claim. I had two unclaimed property notices in NJ and was able to file a request right through the site. I'll keep you posted as to whether I'm a millionaire in a few months when everything gets processed, but I thought you guys might want to search your own names.

Let us know if you find anything.

Cant use that site if you live in NY

These are the states and provinces that have currently submitted data:

Alabama, Alaska, Alberta Canada, Arizona, Colorado, District of Columbia, Florida, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin

How does this actually work? I typed in some names for US-based family and stuff popped up. Interesting.

I would just let them know and they can file a claim right through the site. I'm still in process so can't give you any more advice than that.

So it ended up being a last pay check from a job I had when I was 20 at 7-11 ($177.93), an All State insurance premium refund from the same time ($138.00) and an LL bean refund of $7.04 from about 10 years ago. Around $310 or so, plus interest. I'll let you guys know the final total when I get a check in 2-3 weeks.

Archived