Page 2 of 76 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 1501

Thread: 2016 Presidential Election: General Discussion

  1. #21
    I feel sorry for the earth's population BSBH Prospect
    AmericanJesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    19,464
    Rep Power
    324
    Quote Originally Posted by Mentosman42 View Post
    Stop posting facts and reality, your making my rage subside!

    I love this stuff though, Breitbart for example is already running an article setting up the conspiracy theories about the deligates for the inevitable Clinton presidency.
    Just googled it.

    http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...osses-in-iowa/

    Article shows a complete misunderstanding of the value of a precinct delegate with this statement:

    With the clock frozen at 99 percent of precincts reporting, Clinton edges Sanders in the vote total by a whisper-thin margin, 49.9 percent to 49.6 percent, but if the coin tosses had gone the other way, Sanders would apparently have the most delegates.
    No, no it wouldn't have.

  2. #22
    They call me Shaq Bantam Division
    Mentosman42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    montauk ny
    Posts
    1,456
    Rep Power
    45
    Breitbart dont worry bout no stinking facts.
    ___________LETS GO RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  3. #23
    Senior Member Midget Division
    Niko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Crooklyn
    Posts
    4,205
    Rep Power
    51
    It's incredibly sad to me that there isn't one candidate who I can really get behind. It's honestly troubling if these candidates are the best we have. I'm kind of hoping Bloomberg decides to run. Even so, he wouldn't win. It would just essentially guarantee a Hillary win which would be, for me, the worst case scenario.

    It's troublesome that a dude like Rubio can be so solid in some regards and then throw it all away by being SO hard line republican in terms of same sex marriage, abortions, etc.

    Bernie has some great ideas, but it's too much. And there's also personal bias from me bc he's really not a fan of law enforcement. Kind of hard to support a guy who trashes your profession and something you care about every chance he gets.

    Trump and Hillary... How are these two still even here?
    Last edited by Niko; 02-02-2016 at 02:26 PM.

  4. #24
    Sticks Out For Harambe BSBH Prospect
    CreaseCrusader91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Posts
    18,948
    Rep Power
    120
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanJesus View Post
    This is not factually accurate. These were precinct level delegates, not state level. So their impact on the result of the Caucus was tiny. News headlines verses actual reporting and social media have blown up what is a very minor procedural event that happens frequently.

    http://www.desmoinesregister.com/sto...flip/79680342/
    I think the outrage is coming from the fact that there's is some ambiguity over counted votes.

    Not sure of the validity of that though.

    http://www.desmoinesregister.com/sto...nted/79682184/
    Hidden Content
    “Practice isn't the thing you do once you're good. It's the thing you do that makes you good.”- Malcolm Gladwell

  5. #25
    The Dolphin Whisperer BSBH Rookie
    Morphinity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    28,333
    Rep Power
    351
    Quote Originally Posted by Niko View Post
    It's incredibly sad to me that there isn't one candidate who I can really get behind. It's honestly troubling if these candidates are the best we have. I'm kind of hoping Bloomberg decides to run. Even so, he wouldn't win. It would just essentially guarantee a Hillary win which would be, for me, the worst case scenario.

    It's troublesome that a dude like Rubio can be so solid in some regards and then throw it all away by being SO hard line republican in terms of same sex marriage, abortions, etc.

    Bernie has some great ideas, but it's too much. And there's also personal bias from me bc he's really not a fan of law enforcement. Kind of hard to support a guy who trashes your profession and something you care about every chance he gets.

    Trump and Hillary... How are these two still even here?
    Is that really true? Because I don't see anything about Sanders bad-mouthing law enforcement "every chance he gets."

    Here's what he said in the debate in January in regards to police:
    http://www.bustle.com/articles/13617...tably-specific
    Absolutely. This is a responsibility for the U.S. Justice Department to get involved. Whenever anybody in this country is killed while in police custody, it should automatically trigger a U.S. attorney general's investigation.

    I speak as a mayor who worked very closely and well with police officers, the vast majority of whom are honest, hard- working people trying to do a difficult job, but let us be clear. If a police officer breaks the law, like any public official, that officer must be held accountable.

    And thirdly, we have got to de-militarize our police departments so they don't look like occupying armies. We've got to move toward community policing.

    And fourthly, we have got to make our police departments look like the communities they serve in their diversity.
    He's a guy who voted in 2008 for providing money in the COPS program which provides money to local and state law enforcement to the tune of $1B. (http://www.ontheissues.org/2016/Bern...ders_Crime.htm)

    So I don't see a guy who trashes cops, unless I'm missing something. I see a guy who wants to see some change as to how these police killing cases are handled and generally wants to see a change in how law enforcement is handled.

  6. #26
    Senior Member Midget Division
    Niko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Crooklyn
    Posts
    4,205
    Rep Power
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by Morphinity View Post
    Is that really true? Because I don't see anything about Sanders bad-mouthing law enforcement "every chance he gets."

    Here's what he said in the debate in January in regards to police:
    http://www.bustle.com/articles/13617...tably-specific


    He's a guy who voted in 2008 for providing money in the COPS program which provides money to local and state law enforcement to the tune of $1B. (http://www.ontheissues.org/2016/Bern...ders_Crime.htm)

    So I don't see a guy who trashes cops, unless I'm missing something. I see a guy who wants to see some change as to how these police killing cases are handled and generally wants to see a change in how law enforcement is handled.
    As a cop, who is an active member in many LEO forums and groups, I get constant updates from Bernie/Hillary haters every time they say something that is or can be perceived as anti law enforcement. Bernie may not be campaigning with Michael Brown's mom the way Hillary is, but based on things he's said, he's not really a fan. I'll see if I can put together some links for you and edit this post accordingly.

  7. #27
    The Dolphin Whisperer BSBH Rookie
    Morphinity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    28,333
    Rep Power
    351
    So you have biased sources feeding you (mis)information?

    Sounds legit.

  8. #28
    Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Puck Head's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    North Pole
    Posts
    10,578
    Rep Power
    114
    Niko,
    I've been researching Bernie quite a bit this last week or so.
    You're are going to have a difficult time backing up your claims above I believe in regards to his perspective of law enforcement.

  9. #29
    Resident Garbage Clown BSBH Prospect
    Dunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    10,804
    Rep Power
    192
    Quote Originally Posted by Morphinity View Post
    So you have biased sources feeding you (mis)information?

    Sounds legit.
    You don't know that yet, let the man post it.

  10. #30
    Senior Member Midget Division
    Niko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Crooklyn
    Posts
    4,205
    Rep Power
    51
    lol, not at all. But when you have people campaigning and trying to gain voters by condemning your profession for being fundamentally and inherently racist/biased/etc., you tend to pay attention. In a forum setting like this, you get a lot of debate back and forth when it comes to politics. So it's not unusual for people to post links or videos of Bernie, Hillary, trump (or anyone). Obviously, instead of being a NYR forum, it's a LEO forum. You think you can't get good, unbiased information about the Rangers juxtaposed to the Islanders here simply because this is a Rangefs forum?

    http://www.betterworld.net/quotes/be...vesMatter2.png

    Quotes like the above are pandering votes by emphasizing the worst of the worst and painting all who put on a bullet proof vest and gun on everyday as some villainous group who only go out seeing to kill unarmed minorities. It's not true and is bothersome to thousands of guys who have worked in this professions for years and have done nothing but their job with the utmost integrity and honor.

    I'm not trying to make this a police thing as has happened in the past. We can talk via PM if you want so that we don't hijack the thread. But for me, anyone who aligns themselves with #BLM isn't really LEO friendly. Not that there aren't glaring issues in the criminal justice system, because there are. I just don't support the notion that police universally are over equipped killing machines looking to exterminate minorities, lol.

  11. #31
    The Dolphin Whisperer BSBH Rookie
    Morphinity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    28,333
    Rep Power
    351
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    You don't know that yet, let the man post it.
    Well, he said that he gets his information from people on police forums and groups who hate Bernie and Hillary lol. How could that not be biased?

  12. #32
    Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Puck Head's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    North Pole
    Posts
    10,578
    Rep Power
    114
    Niko

    Was that picture the worst you can pin on Bernie? I couldn't vote for anyone who didn't agree with that sentiment

  13. #33
    Senior Member Midget Division
    Niko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Crooklyn
    Posts
    4,205
    Rep Power
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by Morphinity View Post
    Well, he said that he gets his information from people on police forums and groups who hate Bernie and Hillary lol. How could that not be biased?
    Well in all fairness, most cops hate all politicians lol.

  14. #34
    The Dolphin Whisperer BSBH Rookie
    Morphinity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    28,333
    Rep Power
    351
    Quote Originally Posted by Niko View Post
    Well in all fairness, most cops hate all politicians lol.
    Most people hate politicians. It's amazing anyone gets elected in this country.

  15. #35
    Resident Garbage Clown BSBH Prospect
    Dunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    10,804
    Rep Power
    192
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanJesus View Post
    Just googled it.

    http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...osses-in-iowa/

    Article shows a complete misunderstanding of the value of a precinct delegate with this statement:



    No, no it wouldn't have.
    Ok, so yes or no. There were 6 "coin flips" to decide deadlocked precincts and Hillary won all 6?

    I don't doubt the meaningless nature of it, but from what I understand Hillary won 6 coin flips in a row.

  16. #36
    Senior Member Midget Division
    Niko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Crooklyn
    Posts
    4,205
    Rep Power
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck Head View Post
    Niko

    Was that picture the worst you can pin on Bernie? I couldn't vote for anyone who didn't agree with that sentiment
    No, I'll string together some links later when I'm done studying. However, any statement (like the above) which implies that law enforcement in general go out of their way to persecute and then as far as to beat and KILL someone because they're black is ridiculous. I mean, I'm pretty sure I can speak for every cop in America and say that I've never sat in roll call meeting or in a locker room and heard someone say "I think I'm going to kill a black guy for no reason today". It simply doesn't happens. I've never seen anyone stop, ticket, arrest or even initiate a conversation with someone simply because of their gender, skin color, sexual preference, etc.

    To imply or state that cops falsely arrest and kill black men for no reason is reason for a guy in my field to get off on the wrong foot with a candidate.

  17. #37
    The Dolphin Whisperer BSBH Rookie
    Morphinity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    28,333
    Rep Power
    351
    For the record, I agree with what you say about Rubio though, Niko. He's playing the game and filling a need for the party.

  18. #38
    Former Moderator BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    74,851
    Rep Power
    438
    Quote Originally Posted by Niko View Post
    No, I'll string together some links later when I'm done studying. However, any statement (like the above) which implies that law enforcement in general go out of their way to persecute and then as far as to beat and KILL someone because they're black is ridiculous. I mean, I'm pretty sure I can speak for every cop in America and say that I've never sat in roll call meeting or in a locker room and heard someone say "I think I'm going to kill a black guy for no reason today". It simply doesn't happens. I've never seen anyone stop, ticket, arrest or even initiate a conversation with someone simply because of their gender, skin color, sexual preference, etc.

    To imply or state that cops falsely arrest and kill black men for no reason is reason for a guy in my field to get off on the wrong foot with a candidate.
    That's not at all what that quote said.

  19. #39
    Senior Member Midget Division
    Niko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Crooklyn
    Posts
    4,205
    Rep Power
    51
    "We want a nation where a young black man or woman can walk down the street not worrying about being falsely arrested, beaten or killed"

    How does that say anything else? lol

    So these people have to worry about this because it happens everyday? Is this common place/a daily occurrence in the United States? Have I missed a memo about people I should be falsely arresting, beating or killing for walking down the street? I mean, who else arrests people? Garbage men? Fry cooks? Clearly, it's directed at law enforcement. I'm a fairy active cop, I have done none of those things over my career. Should black men and women fear me when they walk down the street because of incidents that happened elsewhere that have nothing to do with them or me? Isn't that a generalization?

  20. #40
    I feel sorry for the earth's population BSBH Prospect
    AmericanJesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    19,464
    Rep Power
    324
    Quote Originally Posted by Niko View Post
    No, I'll string together some links later when I'm done studying. However, any statement (like the above) which implies that law enforcement in general go out of their way to persecute and then as far as to beat and KILL someone because they're black is ridiculous. I mean, I'm pretty sure I can speak for every cop in America and say that I've never sat in roll call meeting or in a locker room and heard someone say "I think I'm going to kill a black guy for no reason today". It simply doesn't happens. I've never seen anyone stop, ticket, arrest or even initiate a conversation with someone simply because of their gender, skin color, sexual preference, etc.

    To imply or state that cops falsely arrest and kill black men for no reason is reason for a guy in my field to get off on the wrong foot with a candidate.
    I don't think he's talking about what cops do collectively in that quote. He's talking about blacks living in fear of what might happen to them based on several high profile incidents. A parallel would be a politician saying "We want a nation where women don't have to worry about being sexually assaulted when they walk down the street." and then you taking that to mean the person is implying all men are rapists.

Page 2 of 76 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •