• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

'24: Legacy' on FOX

Morphinity 2.0

http://tvline.com/2016/01/15/24-legacy-revival-fox-new-series-pilot-kiefer-sutherland/

Fox is officially making time for more 24, albeit sans original star Kiefer Sutherland.

The network announced on Friday that it has ordered a pilot for 24: Legacy, a potential new series that will feature an ?all-new cast of characters? yet retain the ?real-time, pulse-pounding, fast-paced format with split screens and complex interweaving storylines? of the original.

According to Fox, the project will center on a military hero who encounters a troubled return to the U.S., compelling him to ask CTU for help in saving his life, and stopping what potentially could be one of the largest-scale terror attacks on American soil. I?m told the hero in question (aka the ?new Jack Bauer?) will be African-American; casting is currently underway.

?There?s a time jump, a new organization, a completely different story,? said Fox co-chairman and CEO Dana Walden at the Television Critics Association winter press tour in Pasadena. ?It?s a contemporary story about the potential to activate sleeper cells in the United States. There are nods in the pilot to prior CTU agents, but no ongoing characters.?

Behind-the-scenes 24 vets Howard Gordon, Manny Coto and Evan Katz will serve as executive producers. The new series would span 12 episodes, similar to the recent, acclaimed limited series.

Not sure how I missed this one earlier, but I love me some 24. It's sad that they're moving on without Jack, but Jack is old and in Russia.

I'll give this a chance simply because the crew is the same.

If someone drops a name and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

Well you responded so....

It wasn't as much of a name drop as it was a funny point: Kiefer Sutherland took his long-standing position, and it's "poetic justice". I thought it was a funny thing to bring up, not an ego boost. Frankly, I'm not sure how many of you know Hayter as he's more involved behind the scenes in films..

Thanks so much for that little anecdote.

Good thing I know the relationship between Hayor, Snake, and Sutherland. Otherwise it would have seemed like pointless name dropping (which it still is).

Again, if you don't know the person I'm not sure how much of braggadocious name dropping it would be. What would be the point.

I just know there are (some) gamers here who would know bout and would get that reference. It wasn't personally packaged for you, but I've included a quick edit that should help those left out.

I appreciate your perisistence to provide conflict, though. Par for the course.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.theverge.com/2016/1/25/10828614/corey-hawkins-straight-outta-compton-24-casting

The 24 reboot is slowly taking shape. Earlier this month, we found out that Kiefer Sutherland's Jack Bauer would not be 24: Legacy's main character, but now we finally know who will be. Corey Hawkins, who played a young Dr. Dre in F. Gary Gray's Straight Outta Compton, was just tapped for the leading role in the 12-episode series, Variety reports.

Hawkins will play Eric Carter, a war veteran whose return to the US comes with its own set of problems. Hawkins will play opposite a female lead who has yet to be cast.

I can dig it

• 1 month later...
The cast of Fox?s 24 reboot is really coming together: Now Jimmy Smits has signed on for a major role.

The Emmy-winning Smits (Dexter, Sons of Anarchy) has joined the 24: Legacy pilot as ?a powerful U.S. Senator with higher political aspirations, who is married to the blazing smart former head of the Counter Terrorist Unit (Miranda Otto).?

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/02/26/24-jimmy-smits?xid=entertainment-weekly_socialflow_twitter

FUCK YEAH!

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Archived