• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

'Prison Break' Revived For a Nine-Episode Season

Morphinity 2.0

http://tvline.com/2016/01/15/prison-break-revival-fox-michael-lincoln-sara-t-bag/

Five months after getting a pilot script order, Fox?s Prison Break revival has been officially ordered to series ? and the cast is starting to be fleshed out.

Both Wentworth Miller and Dominic Purcell have signed on to reprise their lead roles, as brothers Michael Scofield and Lincoln Burrows, while TVLine hears that talks thus far are underway with both Sarah Wayne Callies (now starring on USA Network?s Colony) and Robert Knepper, to return as Sara and T-Bag.

Miller and Purcell currently co-star on The CW?s Legends of Tomorrow, which the actors said earlier this week will dictate their window of availability for the Prison Break revival, which is tentatively set to start filming this spring. Originally eyed as a 10-episode event series, Fox is not thinking closer to nine episodes, to begin filming as soon as late March.

Gonna be a shitshow, as this show got really bad towards the end, but seasons 1 and 2 of Prison Break were some great TV. Can't wait!

I'll watch, simply because it's Prison Break related, but like you said, this show jumped the shark hard, and the end was painful to get through.

This should be no different. FOX is really scraping the bottom of the barrel between this and trying to necro 24 too.

I'll watch, simply because it's Prison Break related, but like you said, this show jumped the shark hard, and the end was painful to get through.

This should be no different. FOX is really scraping the bottom of the barrel between this and trying to necro 24 too.

And X-Files. And the Heroes revival that NBC did.

It's in vogue right now to be bringing back the hits.

I think it's also an indication (at least in the case of FOX) that they're out of ideas and haven't had anything work since. What's the last FOX show that actaully lasted longer than a second season — Fringe? And they cancelled it after the fifth.

They're out of ideas for what works with a wide audience. Semantics. The point is they aren't producing quality content on their major network.

Eh, I'd argue that their premium products would appeal to said wider audience. Not semantics. If they didn't brand-split (reference) there'd be a more potent lineup .

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived