Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 'Prison Break' Revived For a Nine-Episode Season

The Dolphin Whisperer BSBH Rookie

'Prison Break' Revived For a Nine-Episode Season

http://tvline.com/2016/01/15/prison-...ln-sara-t-bag/

Five months after getting a pilot script order, Fox’s Prison Break revival has been officially ordered to series — and the cast is starting to be fleshed out.

Both Wentworth Miller and Dominic Purcell have signed on to reprise their lead roles, as brothers Michael Scofield and Lincoln Burrows, while TVLine hears that talks thus far are underway with both Sarah Wayne Callies (now starring on USA Network’s Colony) and Robert Knepper, to return as Sara and T-Bag.

Miller and Purcell currently co-star on The CW’s Legends of Tomorrow, which the actors said earlier this week will dictate their window of availability for the Prison Break revival, which is tentatively set to start filming this spring. Originally eyed as a 10-episode event series, Fox is not thinking closer to nine episodes, to begin filming as soon as late March.
    Gonna be a shitshow, as this show got really bad towards the end, but seasons 1 and 2 of Prison Break were some great TV. Can't wait!

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    I'll watch, simply because it's Prison Break related, but like you said, this show jumped the shark hard, and the end was painful to get through.

This should be no different. FOX is really scraping the bottom of the barrel between this and trying to necro 24 too.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you’'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Quote Originally Posted by Rome 2.0 View Post
    I'll watch, simply because it's Prison Break related, but like you said, this show jumped the shark hard, and the end was painful to get through.

This should be no different. FOX is really scraping the bottom of the barrel between this and trying to necro 24 too.
    And X-Files. And the Heroes revival that NBC did.

It's in vogue right now to be bringing back the hits.

I think it's also an indication (at least in the case of FOX) that they're out of ideas and haven't had anything work since. What's the last FOX show that actaully lasted longer than a second season — Fringe? And they cancelled it after the fifth.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you’'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Rome 2.0 View Post
    I think it's also an indication (at least in the case of FOX) that they're out of ideas and haven't had anything work since. What's the last FOX show that actaully lasted longer than a second season — Fringe? And they cancelled it after the fifth.

Yeah, you're probably right, Falco. And when did that end? Years ago now.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

His name is... BSBH Prospect
    I loved Fringe and House. Highly entertaining, well written and well cast. That's what Fox needs to get back to doing.

Ditto. Fringe was fantastic. Seriously underrated.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Former Moderator BSBH Legend
    House was the best show on TV for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    House was the best show on TV for years.

I still watch reruns. Been watching a ton on Netflix as of late.

Deleted Midget Division
    FOX isn't out of ideas, it's just that they're not sure what will work with a wide audience. The premium content has shifted to FX.

His name is... BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by torontonyr View Post
    FOX isn't out of ideas, it's just that they're not sure what will work with a wide audience. The premium content has shifted to FX.
    They're out of ideas for what works with a wide audience. Semantics. The point is they aren't producing quality content on their major network.

Deleted Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Chappie View Post
    They're out of ideas for what works with a wide audience. Semantics. The point is they aren't producing quality content on their major network.
    Eh, I'd argue that their premium products would appeal to said wider audience. Not semantics. If they didn't brand-split (reference) there'd be a more potent lineup .

Looks completely absurd, ridiculous, nonsensical, but awesome.

Lmfao of course he's still alive. I'll watch it because I invested so much time in the show but LOL

Oh hell yes

The trailers are really good. I'm hoping this has a similar feel to the season they spent in Panama where they had to break Michael out.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    Someone told me to start watching this, agree?

#MakeBSBHGreatAgain
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

You never watched it? Absolutely. Binge it. You'll love it. Most of it, at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Quote Originally Posted by Vodka Drunkenski View Post
    Someone told me to start watching this, agree?

#MakeBSBHGreatAgain
    First two seasons are great TV. Third and fourth seasons are the fuckin pits haha

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast