• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rest in Peace, David Bowie

High and Wide

http://www.theguardian.com/music/live/2016/jan/11/david-bowie-dies-of-cancer-aged-69-reports

The 69-year-old singer?s death was confirmed in a Facebook post from his official page:

?David Bowie died peacefully today surrounded by his family after a courageous 18 month battle with cancer. While many of you will share in this loss, we ask that you respect the family?s privacy during their time of grief.?

------------------------------------

I'm devastated. Rest easy, Ziggy.

"Legend" is a title that gets thrown around a lot, often unnecessarily or unwarranted. In this case, it's absolutely warranted. He was massively influential.

Rest in peace, Ziggy.

Coudn't say it better myself.

He's an inspirational figure who blazed his own rainbow coloured trail that expanded the perceptions of what music, gender and sexuality had/have to be.

I would not be who I am if it wasn't for David Bowie. His songs are some of the best friends I ever had. This was a day I hoped would never come, and when it did I hoped that I would be a lot older and better equipped to deal with it. I will never forget him.

Amazing amazing entertainer. He influenced so many of the artists we hear today and in the past. As an artist he was eccentric, he was strange, he was weird, and he was perfect.

With a world getting a more crazy by the minute, it needs more David Bowies in it....

RIP

One of my more favorite Bowie songs and videos. Weird and awesome!

I would not be who I am if it wasn't for David Bowie. His songs are some of the best friends I ever had. This was a day I hoped would never come, and when it did I hoped that I would be a lot older and better equipped to deal with it. I will never forget him.

Likewise, being 12 yr old English teenager and listening to Jean Genie for the first time in 1973 was a treat. Dang did it rock in an electrifying new way.

I can't believe I was only 8 or 9 when Space Oddity came out. I don't think I really heard it until the 1973 re-release.

While I wasn't a huge fan of David Bowie, I did enjoy a lot of his music. I never owned any of it, but he was a pioneer in the music industry. He did was a huge influence on many bands/singers and he was ahead of his time in knowing to blend music and a visual element into is music. He will surely be missed. This has been a tough month and a half in music between losing Weiland, Lemmy and now Bowie. RIP.

Archived