Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CBJ Trades [F] Ryan Johansen to NSH for [D] Seth Jones

The prince that was promised BSBH Legend

CBJ Trades [F] Ryan Johansen to NSH for [D] Seth Jones

@TSNBobMcKenzie: "@Aportzline: Keep hearing trade talks between #CBJ and #Preds have intensified." NSH looking for offence. Johansen? Drouin? At what price?

@DarrenDreger: Many options. Rychel, Tyutin, Johansen. Return from Preds would have to include a good young D if Johansen involved https://t.co/9HZlhzaNKY

--

Update:

@SportsCentre: BREAKING: Columbus Blue Jackets trade F Ryan Johansen to the Nashville Predators for D Seth Jones.
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Former Moderator Junior Division
    If Johansen is the target, you'd have to think that Seth Jones is going the other way, unless they like his ceiling over Josi.

Boom BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    If Johansen is the target, you'd have to think that Seth Jones is going the other way, unless they like his ceiling over Josi.
    We have a winner

THAT BOY GOOD BSBH Prospect
    @SportsCentre: BREAKING: Columbus Blue Jackets trade F Ryan Johansen to the Nashville Predators for D Seth Jones.

Looks like he's going to have to get that basketball court redone

Senior Member Bantam Division DiJock94's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane Falco View Post

Looks like he's going to have to get that basketball court redone
    I wouldn't have done that if I was Nashville, but I can understand why they did

//reported BSBH Prospect
    i don't mind that trade at all. how's jones gonna work for torts? don't know too much about him or his style of play.
    #imthebadguy

Former Moderator BSBH Prospect
    This is one of the most fair NHL to NHL deals that addresses both team's top needs, one of the only in recent memory I can remember.

🔴⚪️🔵 BSBH Prospect
    done deal
    johansen for seth jones
    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...235127714.html

THAT BOY GOOD BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyb[emoji769
    ;819923]i don't mind that trade at all. how's jones gonna work for torts? don't know too much about him or his style of play.
    I don't see why he wouldn't excel under him. Torts did an excellent job with defensemen here. Particularly Del Zotto and Stralman.

He will be fine IMO

Clean Slate, Grab It! NYR BSBH Prospect
    I love this deal for Nashville. If Johansan can keep his head straight, pairing him with Neal or Forsberg is going to be very good for years to come. Nashville is deep on defense, best defense in the league, they could afford to part with Jones.

It's actually a solid deal for both teams. CBJ got a really, really nice big picture defenseman who projects as a No. 1, still on his ELC, for a player who was clearly on the outs and was a constant source of contention. Nashville finally has a 1C now and dealt from a position of depth that won't really hurt them.

This is a straight hockey trade.
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Bantam Division
    As mentioned, this trade addressed both teams needs and was fair and pretty even. Win-Win Deal for both teams, pretty good trade.

I didn't see Johansen leaving CBJ, but I haven't been keeping up with CBJ so I don't know how their situation was looking.

Quote Originally Posted by faizriqbal View Post
    As mentioned, this trade addressed both teams needs and was fair and pretty even. Win-Win Deal for both teams, pretty good trade.

I didn't see Johansen leaving CBJ, but I haven't been keeping up with CBJ so I don't know how their situation was looking.
    Pretty bad.

http://www.blueshirtsbrotherhood.com...to-Deteriorate
    - John Tortorella

- Christopher Hitchens

Name a more iconic duo BSBH Rookie
    Nashville gonna be sooo goooood.

If Johansen is on his game, Nashville is probably the best team in the West. Taking a bit of a gamble that Ekholm can play top 4 minutes, and their 3rd pair will be a bit of a question mark, but the added offense should compensate.

Name a more iconic duo BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    If Johansen is on his game, Nashville is probably the best team in the West. Taking a bit of a gamble that Ekholm can play top 4 minutes, and their 3rd pair will be a bit of a question mark, but the added offense should compensate.
    On paper, maybe.

But there's always the Hawks to contend for that. Same with the Blues, if they can ever get their shit together in the playoffs.

Well yea, nobody is going to run away with the West. But even the Hawks have holes, at least in my estimation, and I don't think the Nashville really does now. They're strong at every level.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    The Hawk's second line is better than most team's first line.

Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    The Hawk's second line is better than most team's first line.
    That team is so freaking deep

I mean their top 6 is great, but after that they get virtually 0 production. They only have 7 forwards with 10+ points. By comparison, the Rangers have 9, MTL has 11, STL has 7, DAL has 9, WAS has 10. So it's not like Chicago is beating teams because they are deep. They are beating teams because they are top heavy, and their top guys are elite.

They've got the same issue on the back end. They rely almost entirely on 4 defensemen.

The Hawks make it work, but depth isn't what wins games for them. They could probably absorb one injury to the top 6, but I think they would really struggle with an injury to either Keith or Seabrook.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast