Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Year, New Ideas or Features?

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by faizriqbal View Post
    I can pretend to be Rick Nash and answer questions once a month to attract more people?
    Kidding.

Looks wise, how about a banner of the player of the month on the top of the page next to where it says "Blueshirts Brotherhood"? Just throwing it out there, feel free to disagree.
    Adding the wallpapers I design, you mean? Images aren't free use, and money is technically made via advertising on the site right now. Not sure there's a legal means to do so without paying for specific image rights to do so.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you’'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

a.k.a.Phildagoalie Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Missing Teeth View Post
    Since Pete can't find middle ground of being a mod and a poster, I'll take over his mod position.
    Ha ha ... be careful what you wish for, lol
    If n ya gots jowls, they might as well be furry ones.

//reported Junior Division
    few things about GDT's.

the day after a game, i'd love to see the OP updated with the actual lines that started the game. most of the they're accurate, but there are definitely times when they're not. doesn't have to be screenshots of the lines like my pics below, but just making sure they're accurate goes a long way for referencing it later.

i'd also love to see the OP updated with the highlights video from nhl.com as well.

i've always been a fan of having msg's trivia questions more prevalent on the forum. perhaps that can be edited into the OP as well.
    Out: Girardi, Klein, Stepan, Raanta
    In: Shattenkirk, Desharnais, Pavalec, DeAngelo/Bereglazalov/Pionk

The Dolphin Whisperer BSBH Rookie
    We do our best with the lines. We do the GDTs whenever we can manage. Maybe we can add a link to Daily Faceoff so that "^subject to change" also gives you somewhere to look.

We can't embed NHL videos, so all it would be is a link to the highlights, which seems pretty lame.

MSG trivia sounds fun, but there are times when it will be missed because we either aren't paying attention or aren't watching the game live that night.

Just curious, do you want all of this for some sort of historical reference? GDT activity dwindles almost immediately once the game ends - for example, last night's GDT (a very strong, exciting game) has only 4 posts since midnight. It just seems like it wouldn't be all that utilized by a larger crowd.

yeah, i often go back to the GDT's to look for some info in the OP.
    or if someone references a game in another thread, i'll often refer to the GDT.

my only problem with the apprehension to updating the lines is that while i know you guys do a great job to update based off of tweets, interviews, etc., it's still not always accurate.
    and linking to daily faceoff isn't necessarily accurate either. for example, they have yandle with girardi and mcd with klein - http://www2.dailyfaceoff.com/teams/l...w-york-rangers - and we know that's not accurate for last night's game. it also serves no purpose to link to it since daily faceoff would likely get updated from time to time.

i spoke ever-so-briefly to phil about embedding the nhl videos. i'd love to play with that, but i don't have a vbulletin sandbox to test with, only phpbb. i know hfboards is able to embed the nhl link and they're on vbulletin - there has to be a way.
    and you're right, a link is definitely more lame than embedding the video, but whatever. the GDTs have a million links anyway. after the quote, put a link to the highlights.

that makes me think about what you also mentioned about GDTs losing their steam once the game ends. when it turns into the post game, there could be more work done to continue the discussions by adding new quotes from the post game, links to interviews, etc.

regarding trivia and the more important issue: is anyone around to always capture this info?
    i'll volunteer helping. i watch probably ~75/82 games in full and can definitely take down the trivia and answer.

now, i wanna check out embedding again to see what we can come up with.

Former Moderator BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyb™ View Post
    yeah, i often go back to the GDT's to look for some info in the OP.
    or if someone references a game in another thread, i'll often refer to the GDT.

my only problem with the apprehension to updating the lines is that while i know you guys do a great job to update based off of tweets, interviews, etc., it's still not always accurate.
    and linking to daily faceoff isn't necessarily accurate either. for example, they have yandle with girardi and mcd with klein - http://www2.dailyfaceoff.com/teams/l...w-york-rangers - and we know that's not accurate for last night's game. it also serves no purpose to link to it since daily faceoff would likely get updated from time to time.

i spoke ever-so-briefly to phil about embedding the nhl videos. i'd love to play with that, but i don't have a vbulletin sandbox to test with, only phpbb. i know hfboards is able to embed the nhl link and they're on vbulletin - there has to be a way.
    and you're right, a link is definitely more lame than embedding the video, but whatever. the GDTs have a million links anyway. after the quote, put a link to the highlights.

that makes me think about what you also mentioned about GDTs losing their steam once the game ends. when it turns into the post game, there could be more work done to continue the discussions by adding new quotes from the post game, links to interviews, etc.

regarding trivia and the more important issue: is anyone around to always capture this info?
    i'll volunteer helping. i watch probably ~75/82 games in full and can definitely take down the trivia and answer.

now, i wanna check out embedding again to see what we can come up with.
    Daily faceoff has the lines from the most recent games. http://leftwinglock.com/line-combina...=EV&gametype=1

I think the go back after the game and edit the starting lineup:

1. Doesn't reflect the actual starting lineup.
    2. I would be more interested in the lineup of how the game started vs. how it ended, but it seems rather long to post both full lineups.
    3. The resource already exists.

Maybe we could post a link to LWL. The staff could discuss and see how much of a lift it is.

didn't know about LWL - that site allows you to see the lines for any game - that's pretty cool.

Former Moderator BSBH Legend
    didn't know about LWL - that site allows you to see the lines for any game - that's pretty cool.

Clean Slate, Grab It! NYR BSBH Prospect
    Maybe get notifications when a member quotes your post? I've seen in other forums, makes things much easier when you are having a conversation with somebody in a thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnydollaz18 View Post
    Maybe get notifications when a member quotes your post? I've seen in other forums, makes things much easier when you are having a conversation with somebody in a thread.
    Already exists and was discussed in this thread:

you can do both of these things.
    click on settings in the top right, then click general settings on the left hand panel.
    scroll to where you see this

change "quote notification" to either email or private message, whichever you prefer.

Shit, missed that. My bad. I like that so much better.

Moderator Junior Division
    Shit, missed that. My bad. I like that so much better.
    Yea, I asked the same question earlier.

I tried it, but, to be honest, I thought it was kind of a pain the way it works. You have to open your PMs - click on the message - then click on the thread, which opens in a new tab. Just too many steps for it to be convenient I think.

Really, the way it would work best, for me anyways, is to have a notification exactly like Rep. When you get quoted, you simply click the alert and it takes you right to the post. Again, idk how realistic that is with this board structure, but I think it's convenient to do it in one click.

notification test

i guess it doesn't work if i quote myself.
    i have mine set to PM. can someone quote me please?

i guess it doesn't work if i quote myself.
    i have mine set to PM. can someone quote me please?
    GFY

Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    Yea, I asked the same question earlier.

I tried it, but, to be honest, I thought it was kind of a pain the way it works. You have to open your PMs - click on the message - then click on the thread, which opens in a new tab. Just too many steps for it to be convenient I think.

Really, the way it would work best, for me anyways, is to have a notification exactly like Rep. When you get quoted, you simply click the alert and it takes you right to the post. Again, idk how realistic that is with this board structure, but I think it's convenient to do it in one click.
    That's the way I was referring to when I asked the original question. I would like for it to take you right to the post that was quoted. Makes things much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Morphinity View Post
    GFY
    hmmm, i didn't get this. i wonder if you need to be logged out to get it.
    i changed my settings to email. quote me again plz

That's the way I was referring to when I asked the original question. I would like for it to take you right to the post that was quoted. Makes things much easier.
    there has to be a link in there...
    can you forward me you pm plz

hmmm, i didn't get this. i wonder if you need to be logged out to get it.
    i changed my settings to email. quote me again plz
    No srsly

Quote Originally Posted by Morphinity View Post
    No srsly
    i know. i'm really high maintenance.
    gonna log out after this post. quote me again.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast