• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Daddy Diaries

Pete

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What blocker? Just use a wipe. Drape it over everything when you are changing him.

And get used to changing them. They shit and pee all the time. Eight diapers is totally normal. That young, they tend to go through a dozen a day.

There is like a football shaped pee-pee blocker that we bought, so if he pees while we're changing him, he pees into that and it's washable. It helps, sometimes, because he's constantly throwing his feet and arms in the air while being changed.

But, we just found out from the pediatrician that he's not getting enough milk from the breast so we have to mostly switch to formula. I was hoping we could avoid that, but we did not. He lost some weight, so we gotta monitor it.

All newborns lose weight after birth as swelling goes down. His weight should swing back up. And your wife's milk supply should also build over time. Right away she may struggle, but she should be feeding him as often as possible on the breast to build her supply.

My son peed on me last night for the first time. lol We change his diaper about 8 times a day, it's crazy. We did get that blocker that we put on him every time we have to change his diaper. lol

He's already a week old.

Just hold the new diaper over his peesh when you take off the old one.

Just hold the new diaper over his peesh when you take off the old one.

We've been doing both, but we had him circumcised so we have stop we have to put on each time his diaper is changed.

All newborns lose weight after birth as swelling goes down. His weight should swing back up. And your wife's milk supply should also build over time. Right away she may struggle, but she should be feeding him as often as possible on the breast to build her supply.

He started at 7lbs and 7oz at birth, a week later he's down to 6lbs and 15oz, not sure if that is normal or not? Her milk supply is low right now, they said it could be a few weeks before more comes in. Our problem was, when he was born, he was taken right away to the NICU cause of the low blood count, so we weren't with him for the entire day and feeding him from the breast milk, each time he needed to be fed. So, it's making it difficult for the milk to come in. They said to still breastfeed during the day, but to give him the similac formula as well so he gets enough. Since there is no way to tell how much milk he is getting from the breast.

We've been doing both, but we had him circumcised so we have stop we have to put on each time his diaper is changed.
You'll learn to master the schmegma proofing at the same time haha.

He started at 7lbs and 7oz at birth, a week later he's down to 6lbs and 15oz, not sure if that is normal or not? Her milk supply is low right now, they said it could be a few weeks before more comes in. Our problem was, when he was born, he was taken right away to the NICU cause of the low blood count, so we weren't with him for the entire day and feeding him from the breast milk, each time he needed to be fed.

Buy the lactation teas and cookies. They help.

He started at 7lbs and 7oz at birth, a week later he's down to 6lbs and 15oz, not sure if that is normal or not? Her milk supply is low right now, they said it could be a few weeks before more comes in. Our problem was, when he was born, he was taken right away to the NICU cause of the low blood count, so we weren't with him for the entire day and feeding him from the breast milk, each time he needed to be fed. So, it's making it difficult for the milk to come in. They said to still breastfeed during the day, but to give him the similac formula as well so he gets enough. Since there is no way to tell how much milk he is getting from the breast.

I can't tell you if that's normal or not. Your pediatrican can. But yes, it's normal for newborns to lose weight over the first two weeks and then steadily gain it all back.

Did you guys get a breast pump? If she can't feed him, I'd suggest having her pump every two hours just to keep building her supply as best she can.

You'll learn to master the schmegma proofing at the same time haha.

Buy the lactation teas and cookies. They help.

Yeah, Mother's Milk tea is what my wife drinks, and bakes lactation cookies — basically cookies with yeast and oatmeal to help with milk production.

http://www.amazon.com/Traditional-Medicinals-Organic-Mothers-Milk/dp/B0009F3POY

Well we got a call from our pediatrician and his blood platelets are back to normal! :) happy about that.

Her insurance gave her a breast pump and we're gonna look into those teas and cookies and see if they help. The pump seems to be workong better now, but one pump is missing a piece, so we gotta pick that piece up this weekend.

My son peed on me last night for the first time. lol We change his diaper about 8 times a day, it's crazy. We did get that blocker that we put on him every time we have to change his diaper. lol

He's already a week old.

That blocker doesn't work, it makes more of a mess. A wipe works a lot better. We had the blocker and it mad the pee go all over the place, we tossed it and went with the wipe ever since.

That blocker doesn't work, it makes more of a mess. A wipe works a lot better. We had the blocker and it mad the pee go all over the place, we tossed it and went with the wipe ever since.

Yeah, it worked, but I used the wipe last night, cause as I went to change a diaper, pee came flying out of him, so I just covered it with the wipe.

Good to hear. It takes getting used to (so I'm told), but be sure to remind her to pump as often as she can, even when she's not feeding him. It'll help to build her supply and get the milk flowing.

Thanks,. Yeah, she seemed to get more last night and had a few bottles ready for the early morning wake up to feed him, which was good.

Does or did anybody else's kid despise being changed? Our son hates it, all he does is scream and cry when we are changing his outfit after changing a diaper. And it doesn't stop till one of us is holding him after the fact.

Give him a phone to play with. A cell, or a cordless, or a remote.

Archived