• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Marvel's 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2'

Johnnydollaz18

http://static.srcdn.com/slir/w700-h350-q90-c700:350/wp-content/uploads/Guardians-of-the-Galaxy-2-Movie-Logo-Official.jpg

Nice!! It can't get here soon enough.

Kurt Russell Eyed to Play Chris Pratt’s Dad in Marvel’s ‘Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2’ (Exclusive)

As “The Hateful Eight” prepares to storm theaters, its star Kurt Russell has emerged as James Gunn‘s choice to play Chris Pratt‘s father in Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, multiple individuals familiar with the film’s casting process have told TheWrap. Marvel has not officially offered Russell the coveted part yet, nor has Russell read the script, but meetings are expected to take place soon. Representatives for Marvel and Russell declined to comment. Russell is in the midst of a strong year, ?

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni59298708?pf_rd_m=A2FGELUUNOQJNL&pf_rd_p=1920909362&pf_rd_r=0ADWZ4G06VDDRFKRBG4Y&pf_rd_s=center-3&pf_rd_t=15061&pf_rd_i=homepage&ref_=hm_nw_tp2

Russel as Pratt's father is fucking brilliant. I haven't been so excited and in the corner of a specific casting role since I was for Jon Hamm as Negan on The Walking Dead. That didn't happen. This better.

http://cdn2.thr.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/scale_crop_768_433/2015/12/horizontal_split_1296_730_preta_9.jpg

• 2 months later...

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--37lIbVpw--/kilmjzc9w5sjraabyq6b.png

Are you ready to be hooked on a feeling again? James Gunn has just officially confirmed that Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2 has begun filming, with a confirmed cast list and a great, shadowy picture of the team. Oh, and yes, Kurt Russell has officially joined the film!

Gunn took to Facebook to reveal the above picture?which doesn?t tell us much other than the already hyper-cute Baby Groot is probably going to get even cuter now that he?s up and about on wee little plant legs?as well as the principal cast of the film.

Returning stars Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista, Michael Rooker, Karen Gillan, Vin Diesel, Bradley Cooper, Sean Gunn, and Glenn Close will be joined by three currently announced new cast: Kurt Russell (who has of course been linked to the role of Star-Lord?s mysterious father), Pom Klementieff (widely rumored?and now confirmed by Gunn?as playing Mantis, an alien member of the Guardians in the comics), Elizabeth Debicki, and Chris Sullivan.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/james-gunn-reveals-the-cast-of-guardians-of-the-galaxy-1759617117?utm_campaign=socialflow_io9_facebook&utm_source=io9_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

• 8 months later...
Every one of my friends absolutely loved the first one of these. And I was excited for it because I'm a huge Marvel geek. I have to say though, I could barely sit through the whole thing. It tried way too hard to be funny at the expense of good storytelling. I mean, Ronan the Accuser is supposed to be a complete badass. And he gets distracted by being challenged to a dance-off? Really? I don't want to see that. I want to see the epic fight I paid for.

Every one of my friends absolutely loved the first one of these. And I was excited for it because I'm a huge Marvel geek. I have to say though, I could barely sit through the whole thing. It tried way too hard to be funny at the expense of good storytelling. I mean, Ronan the Accuser is supposed to be a complete badass. And he gets distracted by being challenged to a dance-off? Really? I don't want to see that. I want to see the epic fight I paid for.

Oooph. I loved that about the movie. I think it had good balance. Just hoping they keep that balance going into the next one.

I never read the comic, so maybe I'm not informed enough about the storyline, but I couldn't imagine an epic fight between any of the guardians and any body, much less Ronan.. Maybe Groot.. Seems like a bunch of lucky ass bastards who barely get along and barely get by. A team of Han Solos.

Oooph. I loved that about the movie. I think it had good balance. Just hoping they keep that balance going into the next one.

I never read the comic, so maybe I'm not informed enough about the storyline, but I couldn't imagine an epic fight between any of the guardians and any body, much less Ronan.. Maybe Groot.. Seems like a bunch of lucky ass bastards who barely get along and barely get by. A team of Han Solos.

To some extent that's true. But Gamora is the adopted daughter of Thanos, who we all know by now (I would hope at least) is shaping up to be the Avengers' biggest challenge yet with the Infinity Gauntlet. Thanos makes Ultron look like a Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robot. Gamora was an assassin by trade before falling in with the Guardians and has the reputation of "The Deadliest Woman in the Universe." Meanwhile, Drax the Destroyer has a role in countless Marvel storylines, and often shapes up as Thanos' archenemy. At one point I believe he even battles Thor and Thor actually needs help to take him down.

Believe it or not Groot would actually be the least qualified to go head to head with Ronan. And as much of a goofball as they made Peter Quill, he's not too shabby as a tactician and fighter himself. But no...instead we get a dance-off distraction.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived