Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 New York Mets Thread

Clean Slate, Grab It! NYR BSBH Prospect
    They have Votto, idk what they would do with Duda, he's useless to them.

Senior Member Junior Division
    Not saying Duda would go there. Saying we would flip him elsewhere. Again, just a fan spitballing in December.

Senior Member Bantam Division lefty9's Avatar
    Don't you think the Reds would want the wold for Frazier

Like the walker trade , but like warm on Cabrerra, he had a off year two seasons ago and last season he hit under .220 past July , plus his glove is ok at short

Quote Originally Posted by RichieNextel305 View Post
    Not saying Duda would go there. Saying we would flip him elsewhere. Again, just a fan spitballing in December.
    Well, it's been thrown around a lot by fans and Duda's name would have to be involved, I just don't think Cinncy has a need for him or would want him. I hope they would and they can flip him for something else. I would loveeeeeeeeeeeee Frazier here.

probably would take Conforto and one of the fab five to get Frazier

comforto would kill it in that reds stadium

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnydollaz18 View Post
    Well, it's been thrown around a lot by fans and Duda's name would have to be involved, I just don't think Cinncy has a need for him or would want him. I hope they would and they can flip him for something else. I would loveeeeeeeeeeeee Frazier here.
    Duda wouldn't have to go to Cincy. The Mets can flip him elsewhere in theory.

Duda wouldn't have to go to Cincy. The Mets can flip him elsewhere in theory.
    True. One can only hope this takes place.

Sticks Out For Harambe BSBH Prospect
    Michael Cuddyer has retired per a number of reports on Twitter. Speculation on my part is that he gets a deferred buyout and most of his owed money for this year doesn't count. He was slated to make $12.5M. The Mets were offering Zobrist at least $12-$15M a year.

Consider Heyward took a deal worth $23M, and the new money and there's no reason why they can't afford to re-sign Yo. This is going to be interesting.
    Hidden Content
    “Practice isn't the thing you do once you're good. It's the thing you do that makes you good.”- Malcolm Gladwell

Senior Member Bantam Division sg3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CreaseCrusader91 View Post
    Michael Cuddyer has retired per a number of reports on Twitter. Speculation on my part is that he gets a deferred buyout and most of his owed money for this year doesn't count. He was slated to make $12.5M. The Mets were offering Zobrist at least $12-$15M a year.

Consider Heyward took a deal worth $23M, and the new money and there's no reason why they can't afford to re-sign Yo. This is going to be interesting.
    Thank you Lord for answering the Christmas prayers of every Mets fan

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by CreaseCrusader91 View Post

I'd still be very cautious about the years with him. As of yesterday Verdcucci said there has been zero interest from the Mets for him. Unless the market on him totally dries out and he gets no offers, count the Mets out

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Thank you Lord for answering the Christmas prayers of every Mets fan
    Guy just did the Mets a tremendous solid. I don't think his buddy David Wright is all that far behind him.

Sticks Out For Harambe BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by I am Scags View Post
    I'd still be very cautious about the years with him. As of yesterday Verdcucci said there has been zero interest from the Mets for him. Unless the market on him totally dries out and he gets no offers, count the Mets out

Guy just did the Mets a tremendous solid. I don't think his buddy David Wright is all that far behind him.
    I'm a buyer at 3-4 years with an option. There aren't better options out there via FA. Maybe they could swing a trade? I'm game at $20-$22M. He's a good guy on a yearly view. And he adds protection to the lineup.
    Hidden Content
    “Practice isn't the thing you do once you're good. It's the thing you do that makes you good.”- Malcolm Gladwell

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    3 years and I surely would do it. Not that he will ever go for it, but at this point who knows

I'd offer 4 years at $84 Million to see if he bites.

Adding Cespedes adds balance, depth and power. Their lineup would have few, if any, weak spots.

Granderson
    Wright
    Conforto
    Cespedes
    Duda
    d'Arnaud
    Walker
    Cabrera

That would be a good balanced lineup, complete with power up and down, a good lefty-righty differential. That lineup with the pitching staff they'd be hitting behind would make for an entertaining year. I know Cespedes isn't the monster he was during that hot streak, and he isn't as bad as he was in the World Series. He's closer to what he was in August though. He isn't perfect and he has his quirks, but he fits. He plays center, he's proven he can handle NY, he's a righty. And he just fits the lineup. That lineup above with him in it really doesn't have many holes at all.
    Last edited by RichieNextel305; 12-12-2015 at 12:55 PM.

Resident Garbage Clown BSBH Prospect
    I'd offer 4 years at $84 Million to see if he bites.

Adding Cespedes adds balance, depth and power. Their lineup would have few, if any, weak spots.

Granderson
    Wright
    Conforto
    Cespedes
    Duda
    d'Arnaud
    Walker
    Cabrera

That would be a good balanced lineup, complete with power up and down, a good lefty-righty differential. That lineup with the pitching staff they'd be hitting behind would make for an entertaining year. I know Cespedes isn't the monster he was during that hot streak, and he isn't as bad as he was in the World Series. He's closer to what he was in August though. He isn't perfect and he has his quirks, but he fits. He plays center, he's proven he can handle NY, he's a righty. And he just fits the lineup. That lineup above with him in it really doesn't have many holes at all.

That line-up doesn't have a CF'er lol

How does Conforto profile in Left? I honestly don't know and there's not enough data to make a fair judgement. If you play Cespedes in CF, both your corners better be really really good.

Cespedes is the CF'er, which he was his entire stint with the Mets outside of late in games when he'd move to left with Lagares coming in for defense. The Mets went with Conforto/Cuddyer in LF, Cespedes in CF and Granderson in RF. In the event Lagares started, which wasn't too often down the stretch as he struggled and was battling an elbow injury, Cespedes would start in LF.

Conforto caught a lot of flak for his defense, but he actually looked pretty good out there. I don't think he'll ever be a Gold Glove kind of outfielder, but he makes all of the plays he has to make. He actually showed to have a decent arm during his time up last year too. Not over the top, but he's not someone you can really sleep on as far as an arm goes back there. Our outfield defense last year with Cespedes out in CF was good. Cespedes is a solid OF'er. Is he probably better in one of the corners? Yes. But, he is still an above-average CF'er with a cruise missle for an arm.

I hope this means we'll bring Cespy back, but i'm not counting on it or getting my hopes up. Mets caught a break with Cuddyer and now have the opportunity to make a great move and bring back Cespedes. But, this is the Wilpons we're talking about...

Cespedes is the CF'er, which he was his entire stint with the Mets outside of late in games when he'd move to left with Lagares coming in for defense. The Mets went with Conforto/Cuddyer in LF, Cespedes in CF and Granderson in RF. In the event Lagares started, which wasn't too often down the stretch as he struggled and was battling an elbow injury, Cespedes would start in LF.

Conforto caught a lot of flak for his defense, but he actually looked pretty good out there. I don't think he'll ever be a Gold Glove kind of outfielder, but he makes all of the plays he has to make. He actually showed to have a decent arm during his time up last year too. Not over the top, but he's not someone you can really sleep on as far as an arm goes back there. Our outfield defense last year with Cespedes out in CF was good. Cespedes is a solid OF'er. Is he probably better in one of the corners? Yes. But, he is still an above-average CF'er with a cruise missle for an arm.
    to be honest ,i think he is a bellow average centerfielder,the problem with Cespedes is that he is a selfish player,turn it on and off when he wants to

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    I hate Cespedes nonchalant attitude. Instead of throwing the ball to the infield after catching it, he underhands it like a softball. Or when he wasn't ready to come out of the dugout when his name was announced in game 1.
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast