• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Could Add Buchnevich Late in Season; Graves, Drury Both Scouting in Russia

Phil

:tweet: @NYP_Brooksie: 1/2 NYR have had Adam Graves in Russia scouting Buchnevich, will send Chris Drury to watch him in next few weeks. Possible late-season add..

:tweet: @NYP_Brooksie: 2/2...Buchnevich possible late-season add if he is not placed on Russia's World Championship list...

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Russia generally stacks up that WC roster. I could see Buchnevich being rather low on the totem pole for them.

Buchnevich could theoretically be over in the United States by late February if he's not on the WC roster.

Yea. I agree that he'll probably get on that roster, but he wasn't on the 23 they had in April, so it wouldn't exactly be surprising if he didn't supplant someone.

Worst case scenario, he gets in 20 games + playoffs in the AHL if we don't have a spot for him. Then he comes to camp next year with North American experience. I hope he's not on the WC roster just for that.

This is what I would rather see happen. Id rather him go to the AHL and get comfortable on the smaller ice and then come in next year for the full season with the Rangers. No need to rush him, the only way I would put him on the roster is if we have a significant injury in the top 9.

I think if you play this guy with some talent (which he doesn't have much of over there), he'll explode. I'm sure he needs a little work on the defensive end, but out the gate I think his offensive capabilities will more than make up for that

I've seen some commentary on Twitter - Josh Khalfin mostly - saying that he plays a pretty complete game that would translate well to North American ice right away. The review is that unlike a lot of the Russian scorers, he doesn't rely solely on his talent, but he competes hard and plays a fundamental game first.

He does... I didn't really see any blatant weaknesses in his game in the times I've watched him. He could stand to improve in some areas, but for his age he's far ahead of the competition imo. His skill level is similar to Panarin in Chicago, who has 21 points in 19 games right now. Yes, some of that is a result of playing with Kane, but he by himself is a very effective player. The only difference is Pavel is younger and not as polished.

Rangers Russian prospect Pavel Buchnevich picked up his first KHL hat trick Thursday in a 4-0 win over Medvescak. Watch Buchnevich's goals on the Rangers' Twitter account.

Buchnevich now has 10 goals and 13 assists for 23 points in 30 games.

http://www.blueshirtsunited.com/article/rangers-prospect-blog-buchnevich-scores-hat-trick

Links to each goal/tweet:

First Goal -

Second Goal -

Third Goal -

Archived