• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Car Insurance

siddious

I have state farm, they aren't too bad. I had Gieco, they are cheap, but they also give you very little in coverage if you are sued, unless you ask for a certain amount. My life insurance guy caught that for us, we didn't go with him, we went to State Farm instead because they were the cheapest with the amount he told us, I think he told us we should have $500,000 where Gieco was only offering 250,000 in coverage if we ever got sued.

I have state farm, they aren't too bad. I had Gieco, they are cheap, but they also give you very little in coverage if you are sued, unless you ask for a certain amount. My life insurance guy caught that for us, we didn't go with him, we went to State Farm instead because they were the cheapest with the amount he told us, I think he told us we should have $500,000 where Gieco was only offering 250,000 in coverage if we ever got sued.

If you own a house you should have a million dollar umbrella.

anyone have any recommendations as far as companies go?

anyone use progressive or esurance?

progressive is giving me the best rate but I see a lot of mixed reviews online.

Would appreciate any input.

I had all state when I lived in Brooklyn. Good rates and coverage, paid claims quickly.

ahh forgot about allstate, will try them too. Was hoping state farm would offer me a good rate, but they ended up quoting me nearly $60 more than geico did per payment.

Look at the two though in what your getting. Gieco tells you its the same thing, but the amount they cover you for is low. State Farm also pays quickly, and if you use their guys if you have an accident, they will come and pick you up and drop you off, or help you with a rental car if you need it. My car got hit at work while it was parked by a truck. Because the truck was a rental, they carry self insured insurance, so State Farm had me go through them to get my car fixed and they will go after the truck and get me my deductible back, hopefully, and have them pay for the claim. I went through their shop, I brought it to them on a Thursday afternoon, they called me with the estimate and had it feed by the following Wednesday. State Farm kept calling me to make sure everything was going smootly and that I was hearing from the shop. I have to say, I was impressed with them. I had someone hit my car years ago under Gieco, and it was such a hassle and I didn't have a car for like 3 weeks.

My parents have geico and my experience with them wasnt so bad. youre probably right about the coverage though because my parents pay double what im being quoted probably because they have chosen to get equal coverage to what other companies are offering.

You really have to pay attention to the amount in your coverage now a days because people are so sue happy now, and if they are awarded more than what your insurance payout is, your stuck paying the rest, at least thats how it was explained to me.

You really have to pay attention to the amount in your coverage now a days because people are so sue happy now, and if they are awarded more than what your insurance payout is, your stuck paying the rest, at least thats how it was explained to me.

what would you recommend be appropriate for all of the different categories? this is where i am clueless.

still debating, my job will technically pay for the car so im leaning towards leasing (as they want me to upgrade every 5 years). I rent an apartment.

OK. Minimum 100/300 liability, 100k personal injury and a $500 deductible for a leased car and get renters insurance if you don't have it.

OK. Minimum 100/300 liability, 100k personal injury and a $500 deductible for a leased car and get renters insurance if you don't have it.

thats exactly what geico is offering me at a much better price than allstate, statefarm and esurance. Only Progressive gave me a better rate but I cant seem to find anyone who has progressive and any google searches for ratings suck for all the companies so I dont know how much stock to put on that.

Well at least it looks like I have narrowed it down to those two. Now I just need to figure out if I wanna lease or buy :rofl:

I have MetLife but I do home as well

I have them for my life insurance. My guy looked at my car insurance and told me to get better car insurance and gave me a quote. We checked with State Farm, and they were giving us what Metlife was offeringbut cheaper, and my guy told me to go with State Farm. I have known him since I was kid, he was my parents life insurance guy as well.

I have them for my life insurance. My guy looked at my car insurance and told me to get better car insurance and gave me a quote. We checked with State Farm, and they were giving us what Metlife was offeringbut cheaper, and my guy told me to go with State Farm. I have known him since I was kid, he was my parents life insurance guy as well.

Both MetLife and State Farm were the most expensive options on my case, by a large margin.

And I get discounts through my job with MetLife. Not sure why it was so much higher.

Both MetLife and State Farm were the most expensive options on my case, by a large margin.

And I get discounts through my job with MetLife. Not sure why it was so much higher.

Yeah, Metlife was expensive for their insurance, thats why I didn't go with them for my auto insurance.

We have Progressive and they've done a good job (no hassle) handling a recent claim. We should probably shop around more and with Liberty Mutual now a sponsor of my employer, with discounts to members of our organization, I might check in with them and see if they offer a bundle deal for renters and car.

Heard a lot of bad things about Geico, so steering clear of them.

Archived