• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

'Sons of Anarchy' Spin-off, 'Mayans MC' on FX

Phil

Honestly, I absolutely loved it.

Awesome twist at the finale, Sutter is awesome

Agreed. I thought it started slow, but I'm fully hooked, just like I was with SOA. It's to the same degree, too, where I'm reading reviews, and really disecting the symbolism and everything in all the episodes.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
FX is sticking with Mayans MC ? if not co-creator Kurt Sutter.

The Disney-owned cable network has renewed the Sons of Anarchy spinoff for a third season. The pickup comes a day before the series airs its second-season finale.

It also comes about three weeks after FX fired Sutter for being, in his words, an "abrasive dick" on the set of the drama. Sources told The Hollywood Reporter there were multiple complaints about his behavior on set. Co-creator Elgin James will take over as showrunner for season three, which is slated for fall 2020.

"We?re happy to continue telling the story of Mayans MC with our partners at Fox 21 and excited that Elgin James has earned the opportunity to become the series? showrunner,? Nick Grad, president original programming at FX, said Monday in a statement. "Kurt Sutter identified and chose Elgin as his partner on the show from the outset, and Elgin has been instrumental to the success of the series, leveraging his experience and creative vision to make Mayans MC with this incredible cast, crew and creative team."

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/mayans-mc-renewed-season-3-at-fx-1252296?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

This season was fantastic. That cliffhanger, too, just set the stage for an incredible Season 3.

My guess is that Happy was the Son killed in the Vatos Malditos massacre, but it doesn't even matter. The huge takeaway is that his death will not only put them at odds with the Kings and the unilateral agreement the clubs came to, but will ultimately undo Jax' act to end the war between the Mayans and SAMCRO. Season 3 is gonna be bloody.

The good news is, the fact that a Son was killed all but guarantees we get even more Sons cameos next season. Please, please, please bring back Kim Coates!

This season was fantastic. That cliffhanger, too, just set the stage for an incredible Season 3.

My guess is that Happy was the Son killed in the Vatos Malditos massacre, but it doesn't even matter. The huge takeaway is that his death will not only put them at odds with the Kings and the unilateral agreement the clubs came to, but will ultimately undo Jax' act to end the war between the Mayans and SAMCRO. Season 3 is gonna be bloody.

The good news is, the fact that a Son was killed all but guarantees we get even more Sons cameos next season. Please, please, please bring back Kim Coates!

I can?t fucking wait for season 3. This season was slower but still very good, season 3 has potential to be unbelievable

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
This week's episode was arguably the most intense thing I've seen on TV this year. 4 different situations, all on a slow burn, either coming to a head or doing so soon, at the same time.

• 1 year later...

FX’s Mayans M.C., the gritty biker drama co-created by Elgin James, will be coming back for a fifth season, it was announced at San Diego Comic-Con. James shared the news with fans during a panel event for the series. The first four seasons are currently available to stream on Hulu and the fifth season will premiere in 2023. Additionally, 20th Television, a part of Disney Television Studios, has signed James to a new multiyear overall, it was announced by 20th Television President Karey Burke.

“The Mayans have battled for respect, territory and power through four intense seasons that have set the stage for an explosive fifth season that will test their very survival under ‘EZ’s’ newly claimed leadership,” said Nick Grad, President, Original Programming, FX Entertainment. “Elgin James and the creative team, the brilliant cast, crew and our partners at 20th Television have kept fans coming back for more and we are ready to take that ride with them for another season.”

https://www.hollywoodoutbreak.com/2022/07/25/fx-renews-mayans-m-c-for-season-5/

• Like 1

So I'm late to the party with Sons of Anarchy. I'm binging it now and finishing up Season 5. Can I go ahead and start watching Mayans? I know it's a spin-off and not totally related to 'Sons', but I just want to make sure I can start it now or wait until I finish up binging the original series.