Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Adidas Wins NHL Jersey Deal Beginning in 2016-17

Boom BSBH Prospect
    They would probably be somewhat tastefully done like European soccer teams. I can't imagine them going the European hockey route, where you cant tell the team logo from the sponsor.

Bruce Wayne is a Blueshirt Mite Division Provolone_NYR35's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRangers92 View Post
    They would probably be somewhat tastefully done like European soccer teams. I can't imagine them going the European hockey route, where you cant tell the team logo from the sponsor.
    Lol god no

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    Lets Go Rangers

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRangers92 View Post
    Here are some examples of how Adidas implements the stripes. It's a relatively subdued design trait, but still noticeable.

They haven't really done much incorporation of the 3 stripes into college football jerseys, because most of the schools want obnoxious and flashy designs to attract recruits.
    Yeah, someone's already taken to a possible look via Photoshop:

Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"If someone tells me that I've hurt their feelings, I say, “I'm still waiting to hear what your point is.”"
    - Christopher Hitchens

Quote Originally Posted by Provolone_NYR35 View Post
    TSN reports that this will open to advertising most likely. Anyone boycotting with me? I cringe to the fact of ads on a blueshirt. And I hope they don't go crazy with redesigning the Rangers jerseys they're a timeless classic.

No they're not.

According to Chris Creamer's Sportslogos.net, the Rangers have had sixteen different uniforms in their history, and that's not including the Subway Series uniforms or the 2012 Winter Classic, and probably a few other alterations over their 86-year history.

For something to be a timeless classic, it would have had to have never been changed from the inception.

This is a common fear-based reaction (we saw the same thing when Reebok first designed the EDGE jerseys and slimmed them to form fit the players) of fans of a sport who largely reject change of any kind. I mean, this is the only sport on the planet among civilized nations that actually sanctions bare knuckle boxing, all because fan reaction to outright removing it would be even worse than what you read about when they talk about advertising.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

"If someone tells me that I've hurt their feelings, I say, “I'm still waiting to hear what your point is.”"
    - Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Bantam Division
    The jersey I have is of EV Landshut of the DEL2, they used to be the cannibals don't know if they still are.

Quote Originally Posted by Rome 2.0 View Post
    No they're not.

According to Chris Creamer's Sportslogos.net, the Rangers have had sixteen different uniforms in their history, and that's not including the Subway Series uniforms or the 2012 Winter Classic, and probably a few other alterations over their 86-year history.

For something to be a timeless classic, it would have had to have never been changed from the inception.

This is a common fear-based reaction (we saw the same thing when Reebok first designed the EDGE jerseys and slimmed them to form fit the players) of fans of a sport who largely reject change of any kind. I mean, this is the only sport on the planet among civilized nations that actually sanctions bare knuckle boxing, all because fan reaction to outright removing it would be even worse than what you read about when they talk about advertising.
    Andy Bathgate
    Jean Ratelle
    Henrik Lundqvist.
    They have had the similar style for their whole exsistense with some changes every now and then.

Lets Go Rangers

So what? They've still altered it numerous times, so it's clearly not a "timeless classic". Again, to be timeless implies never having changed at all in time.

I'll give you that they have one of the longer tenured "brands" in league history, along with the rest of the Arbitrary Six, but the fans who rush to Corporately sponsored Euro D-leagues to warn of the dangers of sponsorship are being hyperbolic. There's simply no reason to assume that the League would go from A to Z when A to B is a far more likely first step (assuming they continue to allow more and more ads). Especially given the hypersensitive nature of their fans, who are clearly already apprehensive to advertisements on the jerseys (even though they already accepted Manufacturer's logos as an advertisement — something that was not always the case).
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Sticks Out For Harambe BSBH Prospect
    I'd imagine they rebrand for 100th anniversary of the league. A new look for the next century or some jazz like that.
    Hidden Content
    “Practice isn't the thing you do once you're good. It's the thing you do that makes you good.”- Malcolm Gladwell

Whatever you wanna think man, just like the Yankees are the pinstripes the Rangers are the blueshirts. Diagonally across the chest of the sweater, from day one.

Lets Go Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by CreaseCrusader91 View Post
    I'd imagine they rebrand for 100th anniversary of the league. A new look for the next century or some jazz like that.
    Who, the Rangers? I doubt it. There's equity built into what they have right now. There's no logical or economic reason to re-do that. But in terms of generating cash flow, I have no doubt they'll commemorate the centennial with a patch, just like they did for the (kind of arbitrary) 85th.

Whatever you wanna think man, just like the Yankees are the pinstripes the Rangers are the blueshirts. Diagonally across the chest of the sweater, from day one.

You're mistaking my posts as support of re-branding the Rangers' identity from the ground up. I'm not. Eeven though I'd love to see what a company like Under Armour or Nike could do, considering their wealth of re-branded NCAA and Academy football teams.

I'm simply stating that the jersey is not a "timeless classic", as it's been changed before, and that the default position of running to D-league Euro teams that only exist because of Corporate sponsorship sold on their jerseys is hyperbolic, and probably not a realistic fear to have.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Who, the Rangers? I doubt it. There's equity built into what they have right now. There's no logical or economic reason to re-do that. But in terms of generating cash flow, I have no doubt they'll commemorate the centennial with a patch, just like they did for the (kind of arbitrary) 85th.

You're mistaking my posts as support of re-branding the Rangers' identity from the ground up. I'm not. Eeven though I'd love to see what a company like Under Armour or Nike could do, considering their wealth of re-branded NCAA and Academy football teams.

I'm simply stating that the jersey is not a "timeless classic", as it's been changed before, and that the default position of running to D-league Euro teams that only exist because of Corporate sponsorship sold on their jerseys is hyperbolic, and probably not a realistic fear to have.

Lets Go Rangers

Former Moderator BSBH Legend
    Yeah, someone's already taken to a possible look via Photoshop:

Has it been confirmed they will integrate stripes? If not, I doubt they do it. I just can't see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Has it been confirmed they will integrate stripes? If not, I doubt they do it. I just can't see it.
    It hasn't, no, and I don't think they'll add them either.

Adidas did Michigan's jerseys for the NCAA and the most it included was their logo, tastefully included on the front of the jersey:

Here's the U Mass jersey too:

Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ Junior Division
    I highly doubt they integrate their three stripe logo anywhere and if they do it probably will look very small. My Men's soccer team jerseys are Adidas and have a very small three stripe on the back of the neck, similar to where the reebok logo is right now

Best picture i could find quickly. Also, Adidas is not above using three stripes that blend in with the exact color of the jersey rather than a contrasting color.

Former Moderator BSBH Legend
    It hasn't, no, and I don't think they'll add them either.

Adidas did Michigan's jerseys for the NCAA and the most it included was their logo, tastefully included on the front of the jersey:

Here's the U Mass jersey too:

I'm guessing they just replace the RBK logo with their own on the back at the neck.

Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    The Rangers would have to change their white jerseys if there were stripes on the shoulders.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey37 View Post
    The Rangers would have to change their white jerseys if there were stripes on the shoulders.
    I absolutely love their whites. NOOOOOOO
    Lets Go Rangers

Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    I absolutely love their whites. NOOOOOOO
    You need a xanax, brotha. Relax, it's not going to happen.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey37 View Post
    You need a xanax, brotha. Relax, it's not going to happen.
    All this off season anxiety man
    Lets Go Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I'm guessing they just replace the RBK logo with their own on the back at the neck.
    I'm guessing the same, where there might be an initial discussion about advertising on the front by the arm pits.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast