Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ANA Re-Sign [F] Carl Hagelin to 4-Year/$16M Extension; $4M AAV

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend

ANA Re-Sign [F] Carl Hagelin to 4-Year/$16M Extension; $4M AAV

@icemancometh: Hagelin's four-year contract is worth $16 million ($4 million AAV) through 2018-19.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you’'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

In Vigneault, Veritas BSBH Prospect
    He got his cash.

We had to move on. Happy for him, though.
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

Shit, if there's anything to be upset over, it's this...

@generalfanager: Carl Hagelin (ANA)
    4 yrs @ $4M per @icemancometh

#Ducks have an estimated $8.3M in cap space. All RFAs signed.

http://t.co/BW0B77c2AJ

It's insane how far under the ceiling they are while being such a tremendously talented and deep team.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you’'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Junior Division
    Wow. How is that possible?
    FIRE VIGNEAULT

Moderator Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Rome 2.0 View Post
    Shit, if there's anything to be upset over, it's this...

@generalfanager: Carl Hagelin (ANA)
    4 yrs @ $4M per @icemancometh

#Ducks have an estimated $8.3M in cap space. All RFAs signed.

http://t.co/BW0B77c2AJ

It's insane how far under the ceiling they are while being such a tremendously talented and deep team.
    That changes next year, all of these contracts are up.

Hampus Lindholm - 1.8m
    Jiri Sekac - 1.4m
    John Gibson - 925k
    Rickard Rakell - 925k
    Sami Vatanen - 1.3m
    Simon Despres - 900k

Plus Khudobin and Andersen, one of whom will probably get resigned.

They're either going to end up really tight to the cap, or losing some of that depth. Their top 4 salaries are all guys over 30, and they've got over $20 million committed to three of them until 2021.
    Last edited by Future; 08-14-2015 at 01:55 PM.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Happy for Hags, happy we didn't pay him that much.

The more I think about it, the more I think that this was just a dumb move by the Ducks. Hags is going to be on the depth chart behind Marroon and Silfverberg on the left side, and will be competing with Sekac. Even if they move Silvfer to the other side, a guy like Sekac in the top 6 makes more sense, b/c of his offensive skill. That would leave Hags on the same line as Cogliano, and they're redundant.

Add the fact that you're giving him $4 mill to it and I just don't get it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    The more I think about it, the more I think that this was just a dumb move by the Ducks. Hags is going to be on the depth chart behind Marroon and Silfverberg on the left side, and will be competing with Sekac. Even if they move Silvfer to the other side, a guy like Sekac in the top 6 makes more sense, b/c of his offensive skill. That would leave Hags on the same line as Cogliano, and they're redundant.

Add the fact that you're giving him $4 mill to it and I just don't get it at all.
    Because that's what a 40-point~ player gets in UFA, which they ate three years of signing him to this contract.

A contract they'll have no trouble moving, for a player who would be a hot commodity, should they choose to.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

I know that's what they get, you've said it 9,000 times lol. I'm saying that he doesn't make sense on their roster, regardless, so the fact that they even traded for him is curious to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    I know that's what they get, you've said it 9,000 times lol. I'm saying that he doesn't make sense on their roster, regardless, so the fact that they even traded for him is curious to me.
    He makes a ton of sense on their roster, and they fit him in with $8M to spare.

If he doesn't make sense next season when they've got a lot more players to re-sign who they feel are above him, they'll have no shortage of teams willing to deal for Hagelin's contract. And I doubt they'll have to eat a dime of it to move him.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Former Moderator BSBH Legend
    Good contract for both sides.

Clean Slate, Grab It! NYR BSBH Prospect
    Good for Hags, wasn't going to get it here. Happy for him. Always loved him.

Former Moderator BSBH Prospect
    This contract makes plenty of sense for the Ducks. Market value, and Hags adds speed and two-way play/defensive responsibility to their left side as a middle-6 player.

I could see them moving out both Andrew Cogliano and Clayton Stoner next summer, clearing $6.25M while replacing them with prospects Nick Ritchie and Shea Theodore. Anaheim is playing the salary cap game the right way. Build a core around your veterans with youthful, inexpensive talent. Once that young talent is ready to be paid, move them for assets to get more young talent. The core is always evolving and interchanging, but this such is life with the salary cap. They have the organizational depth to allow them to keep doing this.

🔴⚪️🔵 BSBH Prospect
    happy for Hags too,going to miss Swagelin and the Rangers will miss him a lot more than people think they will

Junior Member Mite Division NYguitarguy's Avatar
    Big Hags fan...................... @2.5m per year, not 4m. Glad he got paid, no way the Rangers could have given him a deal like that

@helenenothelen: Vowed not to tweet first-day-of-camp lines but new acquisition Hagelin is w/Getzlaf and Stewart.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    @helenenothelen: Vowed not to tweet first-day-of-camp lines but new acquisition Hagelin is w/Getzlaf and Stewart.
    That can be a sick line with that speed. If Hags could hit, that would be a really scary line.

Why would they want him hitting? That'd mean they don't have the puck. They want him retrieving pucks. If he sticks, he's gonna have a big year for them.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    Why would they want him hitting? That'd mean they don't have the puck. They want him retrieving pucks. If he sticks, he's gonna have a big year for them.
    Im not saying they want him to hit, Im just saying playing with Getzlaf and Stewert, two big bodied skilled guys, Hags has the speed to match them, that line would be completely dangerous if he could hit like them, and he is usually the first one in on the forecheck, he would level some defenders. I agree he is gonna have a huge year.

Eh, I don't think that matters much at all. But I think he's gonna explode offensively if he clicks with them. They're one of the most productive duos in the NHL. Players have routinely benefited from playing with them. Ask Beleksey, who scored 15 of his 22 goals in his first 34 games playing with them.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast