Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HAHA, Sam Rosen......

Banned Mite Division Harleydude666's Avatar

HAHA, Sam Rosen......

Calling the preseason Dolphins Bear game and he just gave the score with the New York Rangers winning and then realized what he just said and excused himself. He's becoming senile

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    Been that way for years.

Brad Cullen. Never being able to tell Prucha from Drury. Always rambling like an old man and missing goals ("...and that one went in!").
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"If someone tells me that I've hurt their feelings, I say, “I'm still waiting to hear what your point is.”"
    - Christopher Hitchens

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    Great announcer but his time is up, time to bring in Kenny Albert. And for the love of God, do not put LaGreca on the radio, he is brutal with play by play.
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Former Moderator BSBH Legend
    Guy's a legend. He'll go out when he's ready.

Guess no one was watching the SCF when the God of PxP Doc Emerick was continually confusing Kane with Tervainnen and Toews with Kruger, Callahan with Brown, etc...

It happens to all of them. The Kane/Teräväinen thing I get majorly confused with too. They have such similar builds.

What drives me nuts with Sam is more the lazier calling style now because he's bullshitting about things that have nothing to do with the game.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

"If someone tells me that I've hurt their feelings, I say, “I'm still waiting to hear what your point is.”"
    - Christopher Hitchens

Former Moderator BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Rome 2.0 View Post
    It happens to all of them. The Kane/Teräväinen thing I get majorly confused with too. They have such similar builds.

What drives me nuts with Sam is more the lazier calling style now because he's bullshitting about things that have nothing to do with the game.
    Yea, agree. Fuck the Yankees.

Banned Mite Division Harleydude666's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rome 2.0 View Post

You nailed it, and that's what annoys me the most about him. Even during this preseason football game, he calls an important tackle and doesn't even call out the tacklers name, he just goes on to tell an unrelated story. Hey Sam, it's preseason, call out the players names, we're trying to follow who's who between all these 2nd stringers and scrubs.

Senior Member Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Guy's a legend. He'll go out when he's ready.

Guess no one was watching the SCF when the God of PxP Doc Emerick was continually confusing Kane with Tervainnen and Toews with Kruger, Callahan with Brown, etc...

Former Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Sam is a great guy. He and my dad did charity work together a while back and I got to go up to the booth during games to see him before the MSG remodel. I do believe it's his time as well, but he's been their voice so long that he's in control of when he leaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Yea, agree. Fuck the Yankees.
    Oh god, that's the worst. The baseball banter. The worst part is, much as I like him, it's usually Joe who starts it too.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Midget Division
    +1 on no LaGreca on the radio. guy sounds high pitched and a minute away from having a coronary.

Move Kenny to T.V. and bring back Howie Rose.

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    LaGreca makes a dump in for a line change sound like a great scoring chance.
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

LaGreca follows action well, but I just don't like his voice. He sounds like he has marbles in his mouth when he's calling games. It's weird. It's like inflection stuff, where he's going to call some sequence and half the words in the sentence just come out as like "HURRRHRRHRRH".

"Callahan swings it around the boards to Palat and it's picked off HURRRHRRHRRHKreider! He shoots he scoresHURRRHRRHRRH!"
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Deleted Midget Division
    As someone from afar, I have to say that Rosen is simply one of the best, and most iconic callers in the game today.

Whenever I watch a NYR broadcast without him, it just doesn't have the same impact.

Senior Member Bantam Division FleshistheFever's Avatar
    I want him here until his head is constantly shaking and he drools.

Moderator Junior Division
    Rosen could forget which two teams are playing, not get a single player right, and forget what sport he's announcing, and I'd still enjoy listening to him.

Quote Originally Posted by torontonyr View Post
    As someone from afar, I have to say that Rosen is simply one of the best, and most iconic callers in the game today.

Whenever I watch a NYR broadcast without him, it just doesn't have the same impact.
    Quote Originally Posted by FleshistheFever View Post
    I want him here until his head is constantly shaking and he drools.
    Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    Rosen could forget which two teams are playing, not get a single player right, and forget what sport he's announcing, and I'd still enjoy listening to him.
    Stockholm syndrome is a bitch, eh?
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Moderator Junior Division
    Rather have Stockholm syndrome than listen to Emrick.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ Junior Division

Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    Rather have Stockholm syndrome than listen to Emrick.
    Doc da best.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast