Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Man Poses as Target on Facebook, Trolls the Shit Out of Gender Neutrality Complainers

  1. #1
    #MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    82,194
    Rep Power
    366

    Man Poses as Target on Facebook, Trolls the Shit Out of Gender Neutrality Complainers

    Hidden Content

    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi


    "Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you’'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

    - Christopher Hitchens

  2. #2
    Clean Slate, Grab It! NYR BSBH Prospect
    Johnnydollaz18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    15,595
    Rep Power
    41
    That is fucking hilarious.

  3. #3
    //reported Junior Division
    booze and wingz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    7,666
    Rep Power
    55
    hahahhaha!
    that last one!
    Out: Girardi, Klein, Stepan, Raanta
    In: Shattenkirk, Desharnais, Pavalec, DeAngelo/Bereglazalov/Pionk

  4. #4
    Senior Member Junior Division
    ThirtyONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    9,528
    Rep Power
    64
    Love it hahaha
    FIRE VIGNEAULT

  5. #5
    I feel sorry for the earth's population BSBH Prospect
    AmericanJesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    19,464
    Rep Power
    324
    Those are great.

    On a side note, I have a friend who's got her doctorate in psychology in the area of gender studies. She's very happy about this move from Target. I know most of us here are guys so it might be hard to really internalize, but these gender based displays basically pigeon hole girls early on telling them what they should be. They tell girls through their play choices that they should be princesses, take care of babies, cook and clean. Boy toys on the flip side, tell them to be manual laborers or soldiers for the most part.

  6. #6
    Former Moderator BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    74,851
    Rep Power
    438
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanJesus View Post
    Those are great.

    On a side note, I have a friend who's got her doctorate in psychology in the area of gender studies. She's very happy about this move from Target. I know most of us here are guys so it might be hard to really internalize, but these gender based displays basically pigeon hole girls early on telling them what they should be. They tell girls through their play choices that they should be princesses, take care of babies, cook and clean. Boy toys on the flip side, tell them to be manual laborers or soldiers for the most part.
    I don't disagree at all with the logic behind it. I just feel like it's one of those things that didn't need to be "news" or even "fixed". I mean it's been this way for over half a century and we still have a healthy LGBT community in the country. I don't think children playing with toys are causing gender or sexually confusion, quite honestly. It's a drop in the social bucket.

    Put it this way... Want to take down the Boys and Girls signs and just label the section Toys... All for it. Without the chest thumping and press. Just do it and shut up about it.

  7. #7
    I feel sorry for the earth's population BSBH Prospect
    AmericanJesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    19,464
    Rep Power
    324
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I don't disagree at all with the logic behind it. I just feel like it's one of those things that didn't need to be "news" or even "fixed". I mean it's been this way for over half a century and we still have a healthy LGBT community in the country. I don't think children playing with toys are causing gender or sexually confusion, quite honestly. It's a drop in the social bucket.

    Put it this way... Want to take down the Boys and Girls signs and just label the section Toys... All for it. Without the chest thumping and press. Just do it and shut up about it.
    Yeah, Target is doing it for one reason, they think they can make more money in some way.

    I don't believe (and my gender researcher friend doesn't believe) that the genders are the same at all. Or that there was gender confusion being created. More like play is how children experience the world at first and it shapes some of their expectations. So if girls are always taught that they should play with dolls, kitchen sets and vacuums then it's shaping their expectations for their roles in the world. Now, there will be other factors at play, of course. Not every woman grows up to be a stay at home mom who takes care of the house. But, to be honest, that's the choice women are presented for the most part. "Will you be a working mom or stay at home". And sure, it's becoming a new choice for men lately, but I think that's because this change isn't sudden, it's been going on for a long time.

  8. #8
    Former Moderator BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    74,851
    Rep Power
    438
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanJesus View Post
    Yeah, Target is doing it for one reason, they think they can make more money in some way.

    I don't believe (and my gender researcher friend doesn't believe) that the genders are the same at all. Or that there was gender confusion being created. More like play is how children experience the world at first and it shapes some of their expectations. So if girls are always taught that they should play with dolls, kitchen sets and vacuums then it's shaping their expectations for their roles in the world. Now, there will be other factors at play, of course. Not every woman grows up to be a stay at home mom who takes care of the house. But, to be honest, that's the choice women are presented for the most part. "Will you be a working mom or stay at home". And sure, it's becoming a new choice for men lately, but I think that's because this change isn't sudden, it's been going on for a long time.
    Kind of what I mean. Some powerful women in the world grew up playing with an EZ Bake Oven. Just sayin.

  9. #9
    Deleted Midget Division
    torontonyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,801
    Rep Power
    75
    The only thing I find funny is how lofty his trolling techniques are.

    Feminine Hygiene products, by definition, are not gender neutral. Physiologically, a only a woman would need a tampon, pad, or other form of menstrual applicator. Even in the case of a transgender female, the definition would still be female.

    As for Barbie, Transformers, and all that falls in-between. These have no gender signifiers, other than those assigned to them by society. Pink is in no way feminine, as blue is in no way masculine. Menstrual cramps, well...you get the point.

    Look, no one is saying you can't congratulate a mother on having a boy or a girl, quite the opposite really. It's more that their genitalia doesn't necessarily dictate what they can, and should, play with.

    http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vide...ot-The-Problem
    Last edited by torontonyr; 08-14-2015 at 12:34 PM.

  10. #10
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ Junior Division
    Keirik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    9,287
    Rep Power
    108
    Man, if Optimus Prime had boobs i don't even know where i'd be in life right now

  11. #11
    I feel sorry for the earth's population BSBH Prospect
    AmericanJesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    19,464
    Rep Power
    324
    Quote Originally Posted by Keirik View Post
    Man, if Optimus Prime had boobs i don't even know where i'd be in life right now
    Living in your parent's basement fondling Optimus Prime's boobs I'd imagine.

  12. #12
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ Junior Division
    Keirik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    9,287
    Rep Power
    108
    ^
    Fuck, i'd be all up for that if it meant not having to deal with a mortgage and property taxes lol

  13. #13
    Deleted Midget Division
    torontonyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,801
    Rep Power
    75
    I'd also imagine that a conversation about gender constructs probably isn't designed for the general thread, even if it spawned from the attempt of a "joke"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •