Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Toronto

Deleted Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    yes, another great idea I've been meaning to check out myself.

You could also get Jays playoff tickets for early October
    Yep - it falls on Oct 3rd too!

And, epic troll brah !

Boom BSBH Prospect
    Booked the trip. Going up from October 15th-18th. Found a solid AirBnB like a ten minute walk west of Rogers Centre, so I'm guessing its close to things. So besides the Hall of Fame, what else is a cool thing to do on a weekend there? Also any can't miss food? The 3 definite things we are doing so far are the HHOF, St Lawrence Market, Second City show.
    Hockey bar recs? Leafs play in Pittsburgh the Saturday we'll be there so we want to watch the game in a bar.
    Last edited by NYRangers92; 08-19-2015 at 03:44 PM.

Future is Unwritten - The Clash Pee-Wee Division Revolution Rock's Avatar
    If the Leafs are going to be gone and you still want to catch a hockey game in Toronto ,see if the Marlies will be in town. You might have to take public trans to get to Ricoh though.

As far as the area you're staying at I'd say it's a fairly walkable and is conducive for exploring. Wayne Gretzky's bar and restaurant isn't far from you either.

What other things interest you? Might be able to give better recommendations.

Boom BSBH Prospect
    Nah we just want to go watch Leafs-Pens in a bar because my girlfriend is a Pens fan haha.
    As for things that interest me/us? Food-related things mostly. I feel the best way to get immersed in a new place is through food. However, since I've never been there before and don't know much about the city at all, a regular tour would probably be fine. Are there some sort of hop-on/hop-off tours available? Also is going in the CN Tower worth it?

Future is Unwritten - The Clash Pee-Wee Division Revolution Rock's Avatar
    Hm. As far as food-related. If you're looking for something ethnic, their downtown Chinatown is fairly big and have lots of restaurants and dumpling houses you can pop in to. Dundas is the main street that cuts down Chinatown.

Boom BSBH Prospect
    Bought tickets to a Second City show. Getting excited for this and loving the exchange rate hahaha

Resident Garbage Clown BSBH Prospect
    You probably won't like prices though..

Deleted Midget Division
    There are still some things that aren't quite price adjusted yet. Food, for example, is still relatively cheap for tourists.

Boom BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    You probably won't like prices though..
    Tickets were $22 each plus fees. Hockey hall of fame only $11.
    I dont know what other touristy things we have planned. We both agreed to not do CN Tower.
    So far on the itinerary we only have Friday booked up.
    Morning-Hall of fame
    Afternoon-St Lawrence Market
    Evening-dinner somewhere
    Night-Second City

Saturday night we want to watch the Leafs game in a bar, so any good hockey bar recs or can I just expect to find a good experience at any one I walk in to?
    Last edited by NYRangers92; 10-02-2015 at 03:15 PM.

Oh go to Real Sports in Maple Leaf Square to watch for sure.. Loose Moose on Front St. and Gretzky's on Blue Jay Way are 2 other stalwarts. Irish Embassy on Yonge I also really enjoy. Pat Quinn's old watering hole.

You'll also notice that nobody gives a flying fuck about the Leafs right now, and everyone is suddenly an annoying Jays fan.

If you go to Gretzky's you can pretty much skip the HOF, it's like a Hockey Hall of Fame you can get smashed in.

Also, TorontoMB might want to correct me here, I think the walking path out to the Islands is open now. It's a cool spot. And Nuite Blanche, which was already mentioned. You'll want to see that.
    Last edited by Dunny; 10-02-2015 at 08:33 PM.

Boom BSBH Prospect
    Are those things I can do the weekend of the 15th

ImagineAcceptingTheTruth Junior Division
    Loose Moose (near CN Tower) and Gretzky's (near Theatre district) I both enjoyed on my last visit to Toronto.

Deleted Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Parsley View Post
    Loose Moose (near CN Tower) and Gretzky's (near Theatre district) I both enjoyed on my last visit to Toronto.
    Gretzky's is on 99 Blue Jays Way. Dinner is expensive ($15 for pierogies, a la carte) but it's a neat place that some old-time players chill at.

You can get there by walking from the SkyDome (roger's center), or just come off of king/spadina.

Real Sports is by far the more energetic scene though, and it's located right beside the ACC.

ImagineAcceptingTheTruth Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by torontonyr View Post
    Gretzky's is on 99 Blue Jays Way. Dinner is expensive ($15 for pierogies, a la carte) but it's a neat place that some old-time players chill at.

You can get there by walking from the SkyDome (roger's center), or just come off of king/spadina.

Real Sports is by far the more energetic scene though, and it's located right beside the ACC.
    I really enjoy your city. Damn shame it's so far away.

Sorry, I thought you were there now haha, so you'll miss Nuite Blanche.

Boom BSBH Prospect
    Yeah we'll probably end up somewhere near the stadium because the apartment we're staying at is 2 blocks west of the stadium

Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by torontonyr View Post

I loved their pirogues though, they were so good. Everytime I go to Toronto I have to go to Gretzky's for them. Coming from New York, that also isn't expensive, lol.

Deleted Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by NYR2711 View Post
    I loved their pirogues though, they were so good. Everytime I go to Toronto I have to go to Gretzky's for them. Coming from New York, that also isn't expensive, lol.
    For pierogies, without any side? That's crazy expensive. To compare, you could buy better quality frozen pierogies for $7.99 and get 30-40. $15 for dough and potatoe is crazy talk.

I hate Saskatchewan, but hands down the best pierogies this side of the Ukraine are here. Borscht too. Can't get enough.

Baba's in Saskatoon.. Pierogies, sauteed onion, cabbage rolls, kubasa and Borscht for $9.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast