Thread: Showtime's 'HOMELAND' Season 5

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend

Showtime's 'HOMELAND' Season 5

Homeland is taking on some major geo-political players in season 5.

Despite pulling out of the Middle East and relocating to Germany for the upcoming season, Showtime’s espionage thriller will take on Russian president Vladimir Putin and Muslim extremist group ISIS, said Showtime president David Nevins.

“The first episode’s going to real deal with Russia, being right next to Russia — what’s Putin up to? What’s going on with this tricky relationship there?” Nevins told reporters at the Television Critics Association’s press tour on Tuesday. “It deals with ISIS. [Homeland producers have] shown the ability to have a new fresh story. I feel like this story is a very fresh story. It’s themes, I think, will resonate with people. Charlie Hebdo. [NSA leaker Edward] Snowden. It’s interesting elements to this season that brings a lot of things together. As long as they keep it fresh, it’s a show that’s never the same season after season.”
    Says Nevins: “Berlin is a crossroads. It’s a crossroads between the old eastern block and the western block. It’s a crossroads between Western Europe and the Muslim world. It’s also a place with the strictest privacy laws in the world. This season explores all those themes and how they all come together.”

Previously Homeland showrunner Alex Gansa suggested that ISIS might simply be “too evil” to successfully dramatize in a television show. Nevins, however, said the show will go there. “It’s going to touch [ISIS],” he said. “It’s going to touch all those things. It’s a show that reflects the world that we live in. We’ll see. I feel very confident with what their doing.”

And the Putin storyline?

“What’s going on with Ukraine — that’s one of the subjects,” the executive said.
    http://www.ew.com/article/2015/08/11...10bbb6aae780ca

--

Effin' A, Cotton. Effin' A!
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"If someone tells me that I've hurt their feelings, I say, “I'm still waiting to hear what your point is.”"
    - Christopher Hitchens

Felt like the first episode was a little confusing, but through two I'm officially hooked into this season again.

"M A T H I S O _ " ...
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

"If someone tells me that I've hurt their feelings, I say, “I'm still waiting to hear what your point is.”"
    - Christopher Hitchens

I feel sorry for the earth's population BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Rome 2.0 View Post
    Felt like the first episode was a little confusing, but through two I'm officially hooked into this season again.

"M A T H I S O _ " ...
    As soon as Saul said he was going to put a name in the box and Quinn would take them out I knew Carrie was going to be the next name.

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanJesus View Post
    As soon as Saul said he was going to put a name in the box and Quinn would take them out I knew Carrie was going to be the next name.
    Yeah, heavy foreshadowing.

Clearly this won't happen, so I'm really interested in how she survives.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

I'll be honest, I lost a lot of interest in this season. I just felt like Allison was such a weak low-lying villian. If you're going to go with that plot, go full 24 and go with your Tony Almeida. That would have meant Quinn, not Allison.

Still, the whole Quinn storyline is heartbreaking.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens