Thread: HBO's 'Westworld' (2016)

Clean Slate, Grab It! NYR BSBH Prospect

HBO's 'Westworld' (2016)

30 second teaser was released today.

http://www.vulture.com/2015/08/westw...r-trailer.html

Westworld, which is being touted as an original series, was inspired by Michael Crichton's similarly titled 1973 sci-fi Western, which saw an eerie, stony-staring Yul Brynner terrorize a futuristic theme park as a robotic rogue. HBO reportedly wants this to be the network's next Game of Thrones–type phenomenon, but it looks like it's going to be more of an Ex Machina–meets–American Horror Story–type situation. That still sounds wonderful; it's coming to HBO in 2016.
    Having never seen the original film from 1973, I don't know much about it, but it looks interesting.

Link to original film. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westworld

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    Ex Machina meets American Horror Story-type situation seems to get this dead on the mark.

Looks interesting, but I need more than a teaser.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you’'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Clean Slate, Grab It! NYR BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Rome 2.0 View Post
    Ex Machina meets American Horror Story-type situation seems to get this dead on the mark.

Looks interesting, but I need more than a teaser.
    Those are the 2 it seems to draw comparisons to. I didn't see Ex Machina, didn't even hear about it until it came out, but don't mind it being similar to AHS.