Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 340 of 411

Thread: Unpopular Opinions You Aren't Afraid to Share (General Version)

  1. #321
    #MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    82,370
    Rep Power
    366
    Right, we all listen to something that someone else would consider awful, is my point. It's why I've always come to the defense of people who listen to "unpopular" music, or music that's popular to hate. Nickelback, Creed, Kanye West, Linkin Park, whomever. I don't need to like or listen to it to defend someone else who does either.

    If you don't enjoy it, don't listen to it. that's what I do. It's really easy to do, too, and I'm almost never affected by their existence!
    Hidden Content

    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi


    "Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you’'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

    - Christopher Hitchens

  2. #322
    Clean Slate, Grab It! NYR BSBH Prospect
    Johnnydollaz18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    15,595
    Rep Power
    41
    Linkin Park is one of the best bands ever! At least, IMO.

    I also love Punk rock music and bands such as ''Silverstein'' and "A Day To Remember'' bands, not many people would listen to cause of the screaming. They are 2/3 favorite bands, with LP being the other. I'd be good with just listening to all their albums, except the last 2 from LP which suckeddddddd big time.

  3. #323
    Moderator Junior Division
    Future's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    5,658
    Rep Power
    112
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnydollaz18 View Post
    Linkin Park is one of the best bands ever! At least, IMO.

    I also love Punk rock music and bands such as ''Silverstein'' and "A Day To Remember'' bands, not many people would listen to cause of the screaming. They are 2/3 favorite bands, with LP being the other. I'd be good with just listening to all their albums, except the last 2 from LP which suckeddddddd big time.
    I really liked Silverstein until I saw one of their music videos...either Giving Up or Smashed Into Pieces and I just thought they didn't look like they sounded and, basically, I just didn't like them anymore lol

    That might not be fair but I just didn't enjoy them as much after that.

  4. #324
    Clean Slate, Grab It! NYR BSBH Prospect
    Johnnydollaz18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    15,595
    Rep Power
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    I really liked Silverstein until I saw one of their music videos...either Giving Up or Smashed Into Pieces and I just thought they didn't look like they sounded and, basically, I just didn't like them anymore lol

    That might not be fair but I just didn't enjoy them as much after that.
    I don't put much stock into music videos. lol Their music is very good, their last 2 albums were awesome. Especially ''This is how the wind shifts'' and the connections between every 2 tracks. It was genius.

  5. #325
    Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    Vodka Drunkenski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    13,745
    Rep Power
    112
    People still watch music videos?
    Hidden Content

    Let's Go Rangers!

  6. #326
    The Dolphin Whisperer BSBH Rookie
    Morphinity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    28,358
    Rep Power
    352
    They're the most watched videos on Youtube. Taylor Swift's music videos are huge productions.

  7. #327
    Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    Vodka Drunkenski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    13,745
    Rep Power
    112
    Are they going for the music or to look at her?
    Hidden Content

    Let's Go Rangers!

  8. #328
    Clean Slate, Grab It! NYR BSBH Prospect
    Johnnydollaz18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    15,595
    Rep Power
    41
    Last time I watched a music video was a few weeks before Silverstein released their newest CD in May, I had to go on Youtube to listen to their new track, which they released prior to the album, which happened to have a music video with it as well. Before that, I can't even remember the last time I did.

  9. #329
    Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    Vodka Drunkenski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    13,745
    Rep Power
    112
    Also, I would imagine people do it just to listen to certain music than actually watch the video.
    Hidden Content

    Let's Go Rangers!

  10. #330
    The Dolphin Whisperer BSBH Rookie
    Morphinity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    28,358
    Rep Power
    352
    Quote Originally Posted by Missing Teeth View Post
    Also, I would imagine people do it just to listen to certain music than actually watch the video.
    Some do, but like I said, the big artists make some really insane music videos. It's a good and easy way to get something viral going, because otherwise it's hard to share music over social media.

  11. #331
    Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    Vodka Drunkenski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    13,745
    Rep Power
    112
    My music videos consist of Barney, so what do I know...
    Hidden Content

    Let's Go Rangers!

  12. #332
    Moderator Junior Division
    Future's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    5,658
    Rep Power
    112
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnydollaz18 View Post
    I don't put much stock into music videos. lol Their music is very good, their last 2 albums were awesome. Especially ''This is how the wind shifts'' and the connections between every 2 tracks. It was genius.
    Yea, I don't either lol

    I was listening on youtube to stuff b/c streaming from Pandora was blocked - this was back in like 2008 and I was in the college library - and just happened to watch one. It was just so odd and it threw me off. Maybe I'll give them a listen again, would be interesting.

  13. #333
    Clean Slate, Grab It! NYR BSBH Prospect
    Johnnydollaz18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    15,595
    Rep Power
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    Yea, I don't either lol

    I was listening on youtube to stuff b/c streaming from Pandora was blocked - this was back in like 2008 and I was in the college library - and just happened to watch one. It was just so odd and it threw me off. Maybe I'll give them a listen again, would be interesting.
    Do it. If you stopped in 2008, you missed some good albums from them. lol

  14. #334
    Senior Member Bantam Division Tonybologna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,247
    Rep Power
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnydollaz18 View Post
    I don't put much stock into music videos. lol Their music is very good, their last 2 albums were awesome. Especially ''This is how the wind shifts'' and the connections between every 2 tracks. It was genius.
    This is how the wind shifts is easily in my top 5 albums all time. One of those albums I can just listen to from start to finish and have it keep playing

  15. #335
    Clean Slate, Grab It! NYR BSBH Prospect
    Johnnydollaz18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    15,595
    Rep Power
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonybologna View Post
    This is how the wind shifts is easily in my top 5 albums all time. One of those albums I can just listen to from start to finish and have it keep playing
    Agreed. Please tell me you know the links between each song as well? I love the stories he tells throughout the songs. I'd say ''Massachusetts'' and ''California'' were 2 of my favorite tracks from that album.

  16. #336
    Senior Member Bantam Division Tonybologna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,247
    Rep Power
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnydollaz18 View Post
    Agreed. Please tell me you know the links between each song as well? I love the stories he tells throughout the songs. I'd say ''Massachusetts'' and ''California'' were 2 of my favorite tracks from that album.
    Yessss especially 4. "This is How" and 11. "The Wind Shifts" played at the same time.

  17. #337
    Clean Slate, Grab It! NYR BSBH Prospect
    Johnnydollaz18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    15,595
    Rep Power
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonybologna View Post
    Yessss especially 4. "This is How" and 11. "The Wind Shifts" played at the same time.
    Yes sir, overall it's just a great album!

  18. #338
    //reported Junior Division
    booze and wingz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    7,747
    Rep Power
    58
    football fucking sucks.
    Out: Girardi, Klein, Stepan, Raanta
    In: Shattenkirk, Desharnais, Pavalec, DeAngelo/Bereglazalov/Pionk

  19. #339
    Former Moderator BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    74,851
    Rep Power
    438
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyb™ View Post
    football fucking sucks.
    Agreed.

    As does baseball.

    And basketball.

  20. #340
    Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    Mikey37's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    29,203
    Rep Power
    280
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyb™ View Post
    football fucking sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Agreed.

    As does baseball.

    And basketball.
    While I strongly disagree, these posts are the most accurate for the thread title. Off to a little league game now. We'll discuss later.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •