#toomeantomedia
    I think we found Larry.

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew a Penalty View Post
    I think we found Larry.
    LOL you got me..

Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by NYR View Post
    So they weren't angry anymore in game 7? They seemed content in game 7 and got shutout in front of the home crowd. Hank did his job. We lit Bishop up in game 6 and couldn't get a puck past him in game 7 and nobody seemed worried at all. On a team with Nash, Yandle, McD, Brassard, Stepan, Kreider, Boyle, nobody stepped up and took control.

I doubt he said it in a malicious way and maybe putting it out there will actually help. We need some vocals from our leaders once in a while.
    They didn't seem worried? I don't even know how it's possible to gauge something like that.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Former Moderator BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey37 View Post
    They didn't seem worried? I don't even know how it's possible to gauge something like that.
    Or how it's impossible to give Tampa credit.

Just because I smashed my remote against the wall, and Pete didn't, doesn't mean I care more than he does. Stick breaking, and water bottle smashing isn't a measuring stick on the care meter.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Just because I smashed my remote against the wall, and Pete didn't, doesn't mean I care more than he does. Stick breaking, and water bottle smashing isn't a measuring stick on the care meter.
    I was too drunk to smash anything when they lost. I went to bed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Obviously you don't care.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

OK, Hank. Stop staring at me.

Moderator Junior Division
    Maybe it's because they take their cue from their coach.
    They were pretty vanilla with Torts too.

Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    They were pretty vanilla with Torts too.
    Certainly not. Guess we remember differently.

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    See what happens when you get married and have a kid
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

I think all of the players care. Some more than others, but they all care. In this instance, I'd be curious to know how the guys laying out to block shots feel about this comment. Did he text G, McD, Klein, and Staal after this interview saying he didn't mean them ?
    spot on agree here. none of which are heart on the sleeve guys, but damn if they didnt leave it all out there this year.

talk is cheap.

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    '11-12 team took no shit. Had far less talent than '13-14 or '14-15.

'13-14 and/or '14-15 teams take plenty of shit. Have far more talent than '11-12.

In an ideal world, you have a team that has the best of both worlds. The way Anaheim is built. Big, mean, nasty, won't get pushed around and have talent and skill in spades to fill the net.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"If someone tells me that I've hurt their feelings, I say, “I'm still waiting to hear what your point is.”"
    - Christopher Hitchens

Banned Midget Division
    smashing your stick or talking smack after a loss is nothing but a measure of the control of your emotions.

Moderator Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Rome 2.0 View Post
    '11-12 team took no shit. Had far less talent than '13-14 or '14-15.

'13-14 and/or '14-15 teams take plenty of shit. Have far more talent than '11-12.

In an ideal world, you have a team that has the best of both worlds. The way Anaheim is built. Big, mean, nasty, won't get pushed around and have talent and skill in spades to fill the net.
    There is a difference between not outwardly retaliating and "taking shit."

The 11-12 team had to fight and grind b/c they had no talent. This team is good enough to not have to play that way.

Why would anybody want to be built like ANA? They have won nothing. Teams should try to be built like Chicago, who just has more talent than everyone. They had only 15 fights in the regular season...ANA had 35. How'd that work?

Deleted Midget Division

The 11-12 team had to fight and grind b/c they had no talent. This team is good enough to not have to play that way.

Why would anybody want to be built like ANA? They have won nothing. Teams should try to be built like Chicago, who just has more talent than everyone. They had only 15 fights in the regular season...ANA had 35. How'd that work?
    Teams should be built like Chicago! Teams need to be built like Anaheim! Let's get rough like LA! - It's all the same. Anytime a team wins, the entire league tries to copy the trend. I've seen it before, and we'll all see it again.

Hard to build a team like Chicago without a Kane, Keith, and Toews. We should build like the NYR because the NYR made it to a SCF and a ECF in the past 2 years. Would have been back to back cup appearances if not for some injuries.

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by CCCP View Post
    smashing your stick or talking smack after a loss is nothing but a measure of the control of your emotions.
    That can produce a positive or negative reaction out of your teammates which may or may not translate into a rallying cry for them in the next game. Guys like Jeff Marek talk about how they don't believe momentum carries game-to-game, but I'm not so sure. I've seen playoff series, or even home-and-home's where something happens in the first meet that absolutely affects the second game in a way where you could argue the momentum from the first game transitioned into the second.

If a team is absolutely embarrassed in a game, I would argue it's absolutely plausible that a team leader getting fired up could influence his teammates to skate that much harder or hit that much harder the next game. It doesn't work all the time, and the more you act in that manner, the more it's tuned out, but when the right guy says or does something "extreme", ears tend to perk upward in the room and on the ice.

That's what lost Tortorella the team, for example, because it never stopped. But if a player like McDonagh takes a vicious hit, let's say, and then gets up and smashes his stick over the boards in front of all his teammates, because he's so upset with himself for letting himself get hit like that, only to go out the next shift and hit that same guy twice as hard, I think his teammates absolutely notice that, and I think it generates a type of energy that carries over and through them all.

Oh, I don't know, maybe because Anaheim have been a top team in the West and the entire NHL for like a decade, and won a Cup in 2007?

You're also drawing a parallel I haven't made — that teams that "take no shit" equal teams that fight a lot. When I talk about not taking shit, I'm talking about a team-wide mentality that affects their response on and off the ice. Especially on it. A mentality that can lead to fights, but for the most part means never backing down in scrums, coming to teammates' aid when they're hit or targeted for any reason, barking back on the bench or the ice when another team is trying to chirp the night away, not shying away from physical contact and responding with fights when it's called for.

When Ryan McDonagh gets fucking drilled by Pacioretty and his response is to apologize, that has a negative affect on the rest of the team, and it sets a precedent that, IMO, explains why this entire roster is so soft. Their first instinct is, in a lot of ways, to turtle. To turn the other cheek. To not respond. Because their coach coaches that way (and always has) and because their captain is exactly the same way.

Not even Chicago back away from physicality. There are a number of guys on their roster who can "take it" and "dish it" physically, and again, that accounts for so much more than just fighting.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"If someone tells me that I've hurt their feelings, I say, “I'm still waiting to hear what your point is.”"
    - Christopher Hitchens

On Nash has everyone noticed his reactions after big wins in the post season? Its no different than a crushing loss, watch any of the OT winners from the past two season and he just nonchalantly stands up on the bench, hops over the boards and is the last guy on the pile while everyone else is going apeshit. What that means who the hell knows, is it his personality? Or does he just not have that emotional drive that other guys have.

In my mind it starts with Hank, followed by Kreider in terms of showing emotion and desire.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast