Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 596

Thread: Patrick Kane Subject of Police Investigation for Rape in Hamburg, New York

  1. #201
    #MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    81,369
    Rep Power
    359
    The point I'm making, regardless of the percentage of impact on either end, is that no one should be doing any of this in either direction right now. No one should be "hoping" for an outcome, or insinuating that one party or the other is "probably" guilty, or has ulterior motives, etc.

    All we should be doing is sitting back and waiting for facts to come in. The more facts, the better we can assess the situation and come to a more likely conclusion.

    Right now, both their lives have been turned upside down. If Kane is guilty, this woman was raped—arguably the most traumatic thing one human can do to another human. She'll never live a normal life again, and will potentially still be vilified after the fact by PK88 fanboys who are pissed his career fell to her charge.

    If this woman is not being forthright or lying, Kane's career is marred, and he's going to have to work tirelessly to shake the stigma of being a rapist. In today's day and age, with social media, that's no small feat.

    It's ugly in both directions. Regardless of what actually happened.
    Hidden Content

    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi


    "If someone tells me that I've hurt their feelings, I say, “I'm still waiting to hear what your point is.”"
    - Christopher Hitchens

  2. #202
    Former Moderator BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    74,851
    Rep Power
    438
    Quote Originally Posted by Rome 2.0 View Post
    The point I'm making, regardless of the percentage of impact on either end, is that no one should be doing any of this in either direction right now. No one should be "hoping" for an outcome, or insinuating that one party or the other is "probably" guilty, or has ulterior motives, etc.

    All we should be doing is sitting back and waiting for facts to come in. The more facts, the better we can assess the situation and come to a more likely conclusion.

    Right now, both their lives have been turned upside down. If Kane is guilty, this woman was raped—arguably the most traumatic thing one human can do to another human. She'll never live a normal life again, and will potentially still be vilified after the fact by PK88 fanboys who are pissed his career fell to her charge.

    If this woman is not being forthright or lying, Kane's career is marred, and he's going to have to work tirelessly to shake the stigma of being a rapist. In today's day and age, with social media, that's no small feat.

    It's ugly in both directions. Regardless of what actually happened.
    Agreed 100%.

    My point is, throughout the process, Kane has more to lose. He already lost EA, the memes are already out there, etc.

    We don't even know her name (not that we should, just pointing out Kane is already on the block, and is already feeling the public impact).

    That make sense?

  3. #203
    #MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    81,369
    Rep Power
    359
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Agreed 100%.

    My point is, throughout the process, Kane has more to lose. He already lost EA, the memes are already out there, etc.

    We don't even know her name (not that we should, just pointing out Kane is already on the block, and is already feeling the public impact).

    That make sense?
    Absolutely. He's already having his name drug through the mud, especially by people who already had a reason or reasons to dislike him.

    I can't tell you how many posts/comments I've seen written on forums and in the comments sections of articles on this that read like "Now I have a reason to hate him more than I already do". These, to me, are the same people who are probably making those memes and taking to SM to talk about how he's "probably guilty", etc. It's character assassination.
    Hidden Content

    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi


    "If someone tells me that I've hurt their feelings, I say, “I'm still waiting to hear what your point is.”"
    - Christopher Hitchens

  4. #204
    Moderator Junior Division
    Future's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    5,206
    Rep Power
    101
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Agreed 100%.

    My point is, throughout the process, Kane has more to lose. He already lost EA, the memes are already out there, etc.

    We don't even know her name (not that we should, just pointing out Kane is already on the block, and is already feeling the public impact).

    That make sense?
    Her name will eventually come out, and it's already known.
    The young woman who is claiming she was raped by the three-time Stanley Cup champion is not a stranger in South Buffalo hockey circles, according to sources, and her name is “already out there on the street,” according to at least one credible source familiar with the hockey scene in Kane’s home turf. Other sources say several pictures are circulating of the young woman and they are expected to surface in the near future.

    We have pictures of the young accuser but as with her name, we are not publishing any of the photos at this time out of respect for her family even though Kane’s picture has been in just about every newspaper in the country.
    http://www.niagarafallsreporter.com/...UG11/kane.html

    There's also stuff out there saying that it's suspicious the way she called cops, they want to settle b/c it wouldn't hold in court, etc.

    http://sportsmockery.com/2015/08/rum...ar-settlement/

    Who knows what is true and what isn't, and I agree that she doesn't really have as much to lose as PK, but she'll eventually be raked through the coals.

  5. #205
    #MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    81,369
    Rep Power
    359
    Um, sorry, but I'm having a really tough time right out of the gate putting any level of trust at all in either of those sites you posted. The first looks like a Buffalo tabloid and the second looks like a joke site.
    Hidden Content

    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi


    "If someone tells me that I've hurt their feelings, I say, “I'm still waiting to hear what your point is.”"
    - Christopher Hitchens

  6. #206
    Moderator Junior Division
    Future's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    5,206
    Rep Power
    101
    Yea, I'm not saying they're the most credible. The mockery one is probably just a pageclicks site. But the point is, there are people who know the girl, and eventually the name will come out. People tweeting about it and jumping to conclusions about the settlement, regardless of the site itself, will eventually be put with that name.

  7. #207
    Former Moderator BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    74,851
    Rep Power
    438
    Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    Her name will eventually come out, and it's already known.

    http://www.niagarafallsreporter.com/...UG11/kane.html

    There's also stuff out there saying that it's suspicious the way she called cops, they want to settle b/c it wouldn't hold in court, etc.

    http://sportsmockery.com/2015/08/rum...ar-settlement/

    Who knows what is true and what isn't, and I agree that she doesn't really have as much to lose as PK, but she'll eventually be raked through the coals.
    If she's lying, she should be.

  8. #208
    Senior Member Bantam Division DiJock94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,174
    Rep Power
    8
    if she falsely accused Kane of rape in an attempt to settle for a payout should be prosecuted and sent to jail, just seems a little fishy that she went to his house that late at night went into a room alone with him and left at 5am texting people that she got raped, especially since everyone knows how much money he has in his home town.

  9. #209
    Sticks Out For Harambe BSBH Prospect
    CreaseCrusader91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Posts
    18,945
    Rep Power
    120
    Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    Welcome to journalism in 2015 lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    It's sad.

    I mean, I think sometimes people forget what they post on the Internet never goes away. This woman could be found to be a liar today... And all these comments and memes will live online forever. Kane's life is pretty much ruined, and we don't even know if he did anything.

    It's sad, really.

    Feel free to break this out if necessary.

    Somewhere along the line the concept of being right took a backseat to being the first to report. Bad Journalists will report a hot take story, or a story with surface level facts first just to get their name out their. They view any form of press as a way to add search-ability to their name.

    It's unfortunate how some chose to handle the coverage of this story, because as you said regardless of outcome there's going to be damage.

    We are going to get to a point where athletes etc won't be open or candid with the media, and it's going to lead to some really boring one sided coverage.

    The Kane story to me is just a mess because if it does proceed there has already been so much coloring of character.

    Had this story been broken with more tangible facts at first there would have been room for an actual discourse, but it then turned into an episodic drama to see what evidence comes next to complete spin the plot.
    Hidden Content
    “Practice isn't the thing you do once you're good. It's the thing you do that makes you good.”- Malcolm Gladwell

  10. #210
    Sighing Dutchman BSBH Prospect
    Jules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Princeton, NJ
    Posts
    19,057
    Rep Power
    125
    Quote Originally Posted by DiJock94 View Post
    if she falsely accused Kane of rape in an attempt to settle for a payout should be prosecuted and sent to jail, just seems a little fishy that she went to his house that late at night went into a room alone with him and left at 5am texting people that she got raped, especially since everyone knows how much money he has in his home town.
    You can actually go home with someone with the intention to sleep with thema and still get raped by that very person. Hell, you can lead someone on, tell them you want to them to do you and still get raped by that person. I'm not saying you didn't know that, but a lot of people seem to be struggling with this concept.
    Nothing is true, everything is permitted.
    Hidden Content

  11. #211
    gangsta member Junior Division
    BlairBettsBlocksEverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    5,703
    Rep Power
    57
    exactly. it's a lot of victim blaming going on.
    __________________________________

  12. #212
    #MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    81,369
    Rep Power
    359
    Quote Originally Posted by Jules View Post
    You can actually go home with someone with the intention to sleep with thema and still get raped by that very person. Hell, you can lead someone on, tell them you want to them to do you and still get raped by that person. I'm not saying you didn't know that, but a lot of people seem to be struggling with this concept.
    You can also actually have sex with someone and still be raped, like in the event you think you wanted to, begin to have sex, then realize you don't want to, tell them to stop, and they don't. Still rape.
    Hidden Content

    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi


    "If someone tells me that I've hurt their feelings, I say, “I'm still waiting to hear what your point is.”"
    - Christopher Hitchens

  13. #213
    Sighing Dutchman BSBH Prospect
    Jules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Princeton, NJ
    Posts
    19,057
    Rep Power
    125
    Quote Originally Posted by Rome 2.0 View Post
    You can also actually have sex with someone and still be raped, like in the event you think you wanted to, begin to have sex, then realize you don't want to, tell them to stop, and they don't. Still rape.
    Yes, exactly. That's why "but she was all over him before" and "she went home with him!" rubs me the wrong way. She could have had every intention to sleep with him, she might even have started having intercourse with him fully agreeing and it could still end up being a rape.
    Nothing is true, everything is permitted.
    Hidden Content

  14. #214
    Former Moderator BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    74,851
    Rep Power
    438
    Quote Originally Posted by BlairBettsBlocksEverything View Post
    exactly. it's a lot of victim blaming going on.
    From what I've seen, there's WAY more character attacks on Kane than there has been victim blaming. And it's not even close.

  15. #215
    #MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    81,369
    Rep Power
    359
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    From what I've seen, there's WAY more character attacks on Kane than there has been victim blaming. And it's not even close.
    They're both being attacked, and for all the wrong reasons. Those reasons being preconceived notions of what someone thinks happened, or what the "motives" of either party are or were.
    Hidden Content

    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi


    "If someone tells me that I've hurt their feelings, I say, “I'm still waiting to hear what your point is.”"
    - Christopher Hitchens

  16. #216
    Senior Member Bantam Division DiJock94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,174
    Rep Power
    8
    I'm just saying it wouldn't surprise me if she slept with him willingly and then accused him hoping for a settlement. I probably shouldn't have an opinion because I wasn't there, but it just seems odd to me. Wouldn't her friend that was in his home with her call the cops if she was being raped? And the fact that it's reported the accuser is looking for a settlement and doesn't want to go to trial makes me feel like it's all about the money.

  17. #217
    #MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    81,369
    Rep Power
    359
    Who reported that? Last I read, this was a criminal case, not a civil one, so that throws the "money grab" excuse out the window.

    And you are aware that a lot of rape victims who actually suffer rape "are all about the money" because it spares them the pain of having to go to trial, right? Having their entire history of sexual activity exposed in a court room, having to re-live the trauma, face the accused, and potentially even watch him walk away?
    Hidden Content

    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi


    "If someone tells me that I've hurt their feelings, I say, “I'm still waiting to hear what your point is.”"
    - Christopher Hitchens

  18. #218
    Senior Member Bantam Division DiJock94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,174
    Rep Power
    8
    I can't remember the site I read that on because I've been reading articles all morning on it. And I guess I just don't understand, I don't get how money fixes anything. If I was a rape victim I would assume I would want to see the person who did that to me go to jail. Not write a check and walk out. I just don't get it

    Edit: it may have been deadspin? Or buffalo based media, I'll try to find it and attach a link that friends said she was looking for a 2 million dollar settlement

  19. #219
    #MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    81,369
    Rep Power
    359
    Quote Originally Posted by DiJock94 View Post
    I can't remember the site I read that on because I've been reading articles all morning on it. And I guess I just don't understand, I don't get how money fixes anything. If I was a rape victim I would assume I would want to see the person who did that to me go to jail. Not write a check and walk out. I just don't get it

    Edit: it may have been deadspin? Or buffalo based media, I'll try to find it and attach a link that friends said she was looking for a 2 million dollar settlement
    But you're not a rape victim, and as a white male (I'm presuming), you are also the least likely person on the planet to be a rape victim. So your not understanding the mentality or choices of actual rape victims or those who stand to be them, percentage wise, really doesn't matter.

    It's easy to sit here on a forum, miles away from the threat of being raped, and say "well, if I were raped, I'd want to see the person in prison". Having never been raped. Had you actually been, it's hard to presume that's how you'd feel considering the rape culture that exists in this country. The fact of the matter is, there are a number of reasons a lot of women don't report rape, let alone go to trial when they claim they are/were. The embarrassment of admitting it, the misunderstanding of what is actually rape (you're already seeing the effects of that in this thread, where people think that "she was hanging all over him" or "she went home with him!" suddenly dismisses rape), fear the police won't believe the allegations, etc. And on top of it all, the fact that the numbers indicate that "justice" in rape cases is actually rare. The deck is stacked against the most common victims of rape — women.

    http://globalnews.ca/news/1845136/wh...-when-they-do/

    http://time.com/2905637/campus-rape-...t-prosecution/

    Also, I just quickly Google'd "Kane rape case 2 million settlement" and the first link indicates there is a rumor that there's talks of a settlement from August 10th, from a site called "SportsMockery". The second link, from August 13th, is a lot more definitive, and from a far more trustworthy source — NBC news:

    HAMBURG, N.Y. -- A source tells 2 On Your Side that there are no settlement talks taking place between any of the parties involved in the Patrick Kane alleged rape investigation at this time.
    http://www.wgrz.com/story/news/2015/...case/31585743/
    Hidden Content

    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi


    "If someone tells me that I've hurt their feelings, I say, “I'm still waiting to hear what your point is.”"
    - Christopher Hitchens

  20. #220
    gangsta member Junior Division
    BlairBettsBlocksEverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    5,703
    Rep Power
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    From what I've seen, there's WAY more character attacks on Kane than there has been victim blaming. And it's not even close.
    Fair enough. It certainly is easier to find yourself trashing someone in his situation before we know what happens.

    There is that saying though, "Where there's smoke there is fire." Idk, I feel like Kane seems to always have a lot of "smoke" around him. Not that it makes him guilty of rape. But the same way a lot of people are saying they wouldn't be surprised if this was some girl going for a "money grab" to tarnish Kane's (already perfect) reputation, I'm saying I wouldn't be surprised if he is really guilty
    __________________________________

Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •