Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What NHL'er Do You HATE, but Would Love Were They a Ranger?

Senior Member Junior Division
    Crosby
    FIRE VIGNEAULT

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars BSBH Prospect
    Crosby, Tavares and Kovalchuk

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division Shanahammer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey37 View Post
    The energy player still exists. Every team has at least 1.
    I'm not disputing that, just give me an energy player that brings more than just hitting and fighting. Maybe throw some defensive ability in there.

Former Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanahammer View Post
    I'm not disputing that, just give me an energy player that brings more than just hitting and fighting. Maybe throw some defensive ability in there.
    Marchand, Gallagher IMO are 'energy players' because they hit, are scrappy and can put the puck in the back of the net. There are more guys like that than guys like Martin, IMO, and that's better for the game. I like Martin and like some would like him here because he's a monster on the forecheck and can hit, but people would complain about him the same as Glass because he couldn't stickhandle the puck if it was glued to his stick.
    Last edited by Cash or Czech?; 08-05-2015 at 08:54 AM.

ಠ_ಠ BSBH Legend
    Crosby is one of those guys to me who I'd cheer the team he were on still, but while simultaneously disliking him. Like Callahan or Dubinsky or other Rangers' players in the past who I didn't like as players/people but still cheered for while they wore the Rangers' jersey.

Crosby is such a monumental prick that I'm not sure anything would ever get me to like him as a person.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"If someone tells me that I've hurt their feelings, I say, “I'm still waiting to hear what your point is.”"
    - Christopher Hitchens

Future is Unwritten - The Clash Pee-Wee Division Revolution Rock's Avatar
    I don't know about hate, but Chris Neil. Reminds me of a more bruiser version of Avery.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division Shanahammer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cash or Czech? View Post
    Marchand, Gallagher IMO are 'energy players' because they hit, are scrappy and can put the puck in the back of the net. There are more guys like that than guys like Martin, IMO, and that's better for the game. I like Martin and like some would like him here because he's a monster on the forecheck and can hit, but people would complain about him the same as Glass because he couldn't stickhandle the puck if it was glued to his stick.
    I'd put Shaw, Stoll, Torres and Dwight King in that category too. Maybe not as offensively skilled but still fit that mold.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanahammer View Post
    I'd put Shaw, Stoll, Torres and Dwight King in that category too. Maybe not as offensively skilled but still fit that mold.
    Shaw, Torres and King for sure. Kyle Clifford as well but he is more on the Matt Martin end of it. He's a guy people hate but who is incredibly effective in the physical aspects of the game.

I'd love Shaw on this team, but I can't say he's an NHLer that I hate.

ಠ_ಠ BSBH Legend
    Hate is a strong word. In the case of this thread, I think it's just being designed to frame the type of player you can't stand playing against, who you'd actually love to watch play if he were on the Rangers.

It's basically a Sean Avery thread. A guy you love when he's on your team but are annoyed by, or "hate" or whatever when he plays against you. Brandon Dubinsky is probably another example of that type of player. Guys who just get on your fucking nerves when they're on the opposing team.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

"If someone tells me that I've hurt their feelings, I say, “I'm still waiting to hear what your point is.”"
    - Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Rome 2.0 View Post
    Hate is a strong word. In the case of this thread, I think it's just being designed to frame the type of player you can't stand playing against, who you'd actually love to watch play if he were on the Rangers.

It's basically a Sean Avery thread. A guy you love when he's on your team but are annoyed by, or "hate" or whatever when he plays against you. Brandon Dubinsky is probably another example of that type of player. Guys who just get on your fucking nerves when they're on the opposing team.
    Yeah, but (for fun) there is really like 4 or more sub categories.
    1. Hate, but respect. The kinda guy who might fit this thread title best. Guys like Saad or Shaw or Simmonds or Backes
    2. Hate but great. And maybe annoying or a thorn in our side. Ovie, Crosby, Perry
    3. Hate but might grow to love if things work. Hartnell, Lucic (hate his $), Byfuglien, Carcillo - though a 4th liner he probably fit here.
    4. Hate, just hate. Never to Cooke, Marchand, Rinaldo and Chris Neil.
    5. Special hate? (OK players that kill us) Martinez, J Williams, Brouwer?

#68 Яромир Ягр Junior Division
    Past: Martin Brodeur in his prime.
    Active: P. K. Subban

ಠ_ಠ BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Giacomin View Post
    Yeah, but (for fun) there is really like 4 or more sub categories.
    1. Hate, but respect. The kinda guy who might fit this thread title best. Guys like Saad or Shaw or Simmonds or Backes
    2. Hate but great. And maybe annoying or a thorn in our side. Ovie, Crosby, Perry
    3. Hate but might grow to love if things work. Hartnell, Lucic (hate his $), Byfuglien, Carcillo - though a 4th liner he probably fit here.
    4. Hate, just hate. Never to Cooke, Marchand, Rinaldo and Chris Neil.
    5. Special hate? (OK players that kill us) Martinez, J Williams, Brouwer?
    Eh, those categories/sub-categories are entirely subjective. You may hate, just hate Chris Neil, for example. I hate, just love him. Meaning as a player, I adore him, even though I can't stand when he does the things he does against Rangers' players.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

PK Subban
    Jeff Carter
    Ryan Kesler

ಠ_ಠ BSBH Legend
    Ryan Kesler for sure.

David Clarkson was that guy for me back when Torts was around too. He'd have fit in like a glove for those teams (not at what he costs now, obviously).
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Bantam Division Bugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnydollaz18 View Post
    This.

Milan Lucic, P.K Subban, Wayne Simmonds, just a few that come to mind right away.
    Lucic, Chara and Marchand are all major douchebags. Nagging sense that they get away with a lot because Colin Campbell's son is their teammate and a ref doesn't want to get a call from the NHL office after every Bruins game. Chara looked pretty done last year anyway.

Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Cash or Czech? View Post
    Marchand and Gallagher can score, but don't fight, they aren't 4thliners4life. Glass and Martin are. There's a line that separates the traits of bottom 6 players, and the 2 you mentioned play in top 6/9.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

a.k.a.Phildagoalie Junior Division

Now you're talking

That makes it easier, I don't hate 'em but dadgum can they be irritatin'

Max Pac
    Subban
    Ovenchicken
    Wayne Simmonds is another must-have uber effective irritant.
    Lucic -- but I'm beginning to wonder if he isn't on his way downhill-nah probably just an off season, ink him too
    Might as well add that slap-me-face Zedumbo Chara while we're at it. Then he and Zucchini-Awsesom can finally be friends.

and FFS ...

Alex Killorn already,

now there ... there are open festering wounds, approximating the 4-letter hate word, but not quite. He's not even dislikable, really, he's just a freaking giant effective pain in our ass, and

Alex Damn Martinez. Same kinda reasons.

There I just swapped out 8 roster spots, for whom I don't know, but probably some players I like would have to go
    Last edited by Respecttheblue; 08-05-2015 at 11:41 PM.
    If n ya gots jowls, they might as well be furry ones
    Hidden Content

Former Moderator BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Respecttheblue View Post
    Now you're talking

That makes it easier, I don't hate 'em but dadgum can they be irritatin'

Max Pac
    Subban
    Ovenchicken
    Wayne Simmonds is another must-have uber effective irritant.
    Lucic -- but I'm beginning to wonder if he isn't on his way downhill-nah probably just an off season, ink him too
    Might as well add that slap-me-face Zedumbo Chara while we're at it. Then he and Zucchini-Awsesom can finally be friends.

and FFS ...

Alex Killorn already,

now there ... there are open festering wounds, approximating the 4-letter hate word, but not quite. He's not even dislikable, really, he's just a freaking giant effective pain in our ass, and

Alex Damn Martinez. Same kinda reasons.

There I just swapped out 8 roster spots, for whom I don't know, but probably some players I like would have to go
    Killorn is a good one.

ಠ_ಠ BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Killorn is a good one.
    You could throw Johnson and Palat into that mix at this rate too. But Killorn is a big one.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Midget Division
    Doughty is another one for me.

I really can't stand his face. Sorta like that scene from Step Brothers...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast