Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What NHL'er Do You HATE, but Would Love Were They a Ranger?

Senior Member Bantam Division

What NHL'er Do You HATE, but Would Love Were They a Ranger?

Mine is Wayne Simmonds. I want to see him beaten mercilessly every time we play.. But man would I love to have him in uniform.

Alex Ovechkin. I hate him especially since I feel he leaves his feet all the time, but he would be an even bigger name in NY

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    For me, it's harder to answer this question, because I don't really hate the players. I hate that they play for rivals, the way I hated that Asham, Carcillo and others played for rivals before eventually playing for the Rangers.

Mostly the games' villains would make my list: Simmonds, Hartnell, Carcillo (again), Marchand, Matt Cooke, Lapierre, etc.

But the two I'd make the biggest push for for this thread are Kyle Okposo and Matt Martin. Okposo because he'd fit so well on a team like this that mostly lacks that physical, come at me bro element in a player who actually has significant talent. Martin because Tanner Glass shouldn't be the only player on the entire roster who can put someone into the second row when the Rangers don't have the puck. Not to mention his girlfriend, Sydney Esiason, is Boomer Esiason's daughter. Boomer is a well-known, outspoken Rangers' fan.

Plus, I absolutely love when an ex-Islander or ex-Flyer or whomever leaves to sign with the Rangers. It's glorious to see the outrage, the same way it'd have been glorious to watch Devils fans burn their Parise jerseys had he signed here as well.

Great thread idea, Flynn!
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"If someone tells me that I've hurt their feelings, I say, “I'm still waiting to hear what your point is.”"
    - Christopher Hitchens

//reported Junior Division
    i'm with phil.
    i don't hate the players, per se.
    i can't stand the brand of hockey ovechkin plays, but he did much better last season at playing defense than he has in previous seasons.

i definitely think we should have kept carcillo.

i agree with cooke, simmonds, marchand, etc...
    but i don't hate these guys, except for maybe cooke - i wouldn't want to bring his dirty style of play to new york.

but i love simmonds, i love marchand, i love rinaldo (most of the time).

Senior Member Midget Division
    Crosby.

Can't stand him...but would cream my pants if he was on this NYR team.

Quote Originally Posted by phillyb™ View Post
    i'm with phil.
    i don't hate the players, per se.
    i can't stand the brand of hockey ovechkin plays, but he did much better last season at playing defense than he has in previous seasons.

i definitely think we should have kept carcillo.

i agree with cooke, simmonds, marchand, etc...
    but i don't hate these guys, except for maybe cooke - i wouldn't want to bring his dirty style of play to new york.

but i love simmonds, i love marchand, i love rinaldo (most of the time).
    In the Unpopular Opinions thread Mikey and I were talking about this, kind of, after another user mentioned the last two years' Rangers teams not really being all that personable. I wish I could somehow combine the skill and talent of these last two years with the fuck you attitude of the 2011-12 squad.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

"If someone tells me that I've hurt their feelings, I say, “I'm still waiting to hear what your point is.”"
    - Christopher Hitchens

Sighing Dutchman BSBH Prospect
    Oh, so many of them. Crosby comes to mind, definitely P.K. Subban too (as a player, he's a great kid), MaxPac of course. I cheer for the logo on the front and you have to pretty much be Matt Cooke for me to not like you and really not want you. The better the player, the more willing I am to forgive their behavior, of course.
    Nothing is true, everything is permitted.
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Jules View Post
    Oh, so many of them. Crosby comes to mind, definitely P.K. Subban too (as a player, he's a great kid), MaxPac of course. I cheer for the logo on the front and you have to pretty much be Matt Cooke for me to not like you and really not want you. The better the player, the more willing I am to forgive their behavior, of course.
    For me, it's more about fit. Like with the Carcillo trade, for example. It was met by a lot of backlash from fans who hated him, because the memory of him thumping Gáborík and just being a major thorn in their side in games they played against him were still fresh in their minds. But at the time, the team was getting pushed around. They were listless in so many games to that point in the season and there was no pushback whatsoever, be it physical or goal-scoring. So they made the trade and as Richards and others have said, he changed the culture of the room, and the approach on the ice. He just added that element they didn't have, and everyone played better. Because they had a need/fit for him as a player.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Moderator Junior Division
    Simmonds and Subban would be the two that come to mind.

Generally, the players I hate are on rivals, and I find it annoying when we sign them.

Good call on Matt Martin, Rome.. He is the proper blend dick, toughness, and skill to be a royal pain in the ass.... Agree on Marchand as well.

Martin is like a Prust-type. The kind of guy who really endears himself to his teammates and to his team, to the jersey he wears. You can just tell, once he's found that comfort and camaraderie, there's nothing he won't do to defend the jersey, or the guys wearing it. You've gotta love that.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Junior Division
    I don't hate Ovechkin but this is probably the closest for me as far as this question goes. Hate to watch him play the Rangers but would LOVE to have such an immense talent on our team.

Quote Originally Posted by Flynn View Post
    Good call on Matt Martin, Rome.. He is the proper blend dick, toughness, and skill to be a royal pain in the ass.... Agree on Marchand as well.
    Heck yeah I'd take Martin on this team, especially in place of Glass. Simmonds would have been a good call too, but he's getting old and $.

Interestingly, I've thought about this plenty and Marchand is one guy (who is actually a very good and clutch player) I do not want ever. F him, he is a dirty little rat that moved into scumbag territory with Cooke and Ken Linesman for their repeated attempts to injure skill players, unprovoked.

Also, as Ranger fans we try not to think about it. Most of the time that guy never comes here and stays a rival. For instance, Hartnell. Probably a guy I'd like if he was a Ranger. Good funny guy, solid locker room presence, but all I can picture is the war our 2011 guys had with him as a flyer. Now he is with Colombus and still worthy of hating as a Ranger fan.

I'll add that I also have developed a distaste and even fear (as a fan) for guys who tend to injure our players with iffy hits. Blake Comeau and Lucic come to mind, so I'm not sure how I'd feel about them as Rangers, especially given their salary. Lucic tends to injure a lot of guys from his sheer size and aggression, so I don't take it too personal. Comeau seemed to be gunning for our guys all game, the year he injured McD? Regardless, I never imagine them as Rangers, which I have with other power forwards.
    Last edited by Giacomin; 08-04-2015 at 12:02 PM.

Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    I love Ovechkin and would love to see him in Rangers red, white and blue, but guys I hate but would love on this team would be Lucic and Pacioretty. Both would fit this Rangers team IMO, and both bring in that mean streak we have been lacking for so long.

Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    No to Cooke. No to Marchand. Those are 2 guys I don't want to have to root for.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

//reported Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Rome 2.0 View Post
    In the Unpopular Opinions thread Mikey and I were talking about this, kind of, after another user mentioned the last two years' Rangers teams not really being all that personable. I wish I could somehow combine the skill and talent of these last two years with the fuck you attitude of the 2011-12 squad.
    i saw the back and forth about carcillo and thought to myself, '#carbomb'
    i'd bring him back sooner than later especially depending on how lindberg performs. i'm not sure if they fill the same role, but most of the line projections list lindberg on the 4th line. if he doesn't cut it, who takes his place? gibbons? fuck that, give me carbomb!

Quote Originally Posted by Giacomin View Post
    Also, as Ranger fans we try not to think about it. Most of the time that guy never comes here and stays a rival. For instance, Hartnell. Probably a guy I'd like if he was a Ranger. Good funny guy, solid locker room presence, but all I can picture is the war our 2011 guys had with him as a flyer. Now he is with Colombus and still worthy of hating as a Ranger fan.

I'll add that I also have developed a distaste and even fear (as a fan) for guys who tend to injure our players with iffy hits. Blake Comeau and Lucic come to mind, so I'm not sure how I'd feel about them as Rangers, especially given their salary. Lucic tends to injure a lot of guys from his sheer size and aggression, so I don't take it too personal. Comeau seemed to be gunning for our guys all game, the year he injured McD? Regardless, I never imagine them as Rangers, which I have with other power forwards.
    i can't wait for kreider to behave exactly as you've pinned lucic here.
    really hoping he brings more aggression to his game this year.

The Dolphin Whisperer BSBH Rookie
    Mac Pacioretty. Because fuck Pacioretty. But, damn can he score some goals. Would love to have that on this team.

Quote Originally Posted by Morphinity View Post
    Mac Pacioretty. Because fuck Pacioretty. But, damn can he score some goals. Would love to have that on this team.
    Plus you never have to worry about McDonagh apologizing to him after having his skull crushed by him.

Yes, you read that correctly.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Connor McDavid and Jack Eichel

McDavid appears to be the most mature, respectful 18 to ever enter the league, but screw him and that prick Eichel.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast