Thread: PHI Re-Sign [F] Jakub Vorácek to 8-Year/$66M Extension; $8.25M AAV

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend

PHI Re-Sign [F] Jakub Vorácek to 8-Year/$66M Extension; $8.25M AAV

@NHLFlyers: Breaking: The #Flyers have agreed to terms with RW Jake Voracek on a multi-year contract extension → http://t.co/z4FABBtNGP

@frank_seravalli: Jake Voracek: 8-years, $66 million. AAV is $8.25 million. #TSN
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you’'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Former Moderator BSBH Prospect
    @frank_seravalli
    Jake Voracek: 8-years, $66 million. AAV is $8.25 million. #TSN

Boom. Corey Perry contract.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you’'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Former Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Not undeserved for a soon to be 26 year old who just put up 81 points. Columbus really effed that trade up big time.

Resident Garbage Clown BSBH Prospect
    Not much of a track record. Still has more bad years than good to his name.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    Not much of a track record. Still has more bad years than good to his name.
    While this is true, his trend points upward the last four years (minus a small dip between years three and four), and they didn't have much of a choice here — he's 26 and one year away from unrestricted free agency, where he no doubt would have cashed in for $8M+ on a long-term deal somewhere, from someone considering he's going to play another full season with Claude Giroux as his center again this coming year.

Besides, find me a player in this league who signed a contract after going P/GP that didn't get, in effect, max dollars?
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Former Moderator BSBH Legend
    Don't most 26 year Olds have more bad years than good?

Left? Probably. Depends on the situation, and what you would call "bad". I mean, 30-year old Rick Nash just scored more goals than 24-year old Rick Nash did. Because the circumstances were different/better for him. Generally speaking he's leaving his prime within two years, but the type of game he plays with the quality of players he plays with, it's not that likely he just collapses. Not while he's got Claude Giroux and probably Michael Raffl next season.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Quote Originally Posted by Rome 2.0 View Post
    Left? Probably. Depends on the situation, and what you would call "bad". I mean, 30-year old Rick Nash just scored more goals than 24-year old Rick Nash did. Because the circumstances were different/better for him. Generally speaking he's leaving his prime within two years, but the type of game he plays with the quality of players he plays with, it's not that likely he just collapses. Not while he's got Claude Giroux and probably Michael Raffl next season.
    No, I mean so far. Regarding Dunny comment.

Ah, gotcha. Mis-read/understood.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

@frank_seravalli: Interestingly, Voracek was NOT given any no-trade or no-movement clauses from #Flyers. #TSN

--

WOW
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Good!

Resident Garbage Clown BSBH Prospect
    I don't really care to answer any of your pointed rebuttals to my flippant nonfactual statement.

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Rome 2.0 View Post
    @frank_seravalli: Interestingly, Voracek was NOT given any no-trade or no-movement clauses from #Flyers. #TSN

--

WOW
    GM of the year

Shawcappella BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    I don't really care to answer any of your pointed rebuttals to my flippant nonfactual statement.
    Who are you and what did you do with the real Dunny?