Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Some Summer Sums: Curing the 2016 Cap Conundrum

Former Moderator BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Rome 2.0 View Post
    If it involves trade proposals and free agents, it's fantasy. Internal call-ups and new contracts, still fantasy, but based in reality. Easier to have grounded discussions about.
    Read the OP vs Alex post and that's the difference between fantasy and reality IMO.

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Read the OP vs Alex post and that's the difference between fantasy and reality IMO.
    No, I get it. I'm just saying, technically speaking how much more realistic one is than the other doesn't really change the fact both are fantasy.

I'm all for keeping things here on planet Earth as much as possible, which is why we usually tool the "Wild Rides" to their own thread. But a "wild ride" and talking about the Rangers signing X or Y player in 2016 for N number is also fantasy.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"If someone tells me that I've hurt their feelings, I say, “I'm still waiting to hear what your point is.”"
    - Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Bantam Division DiJock94's Avatar
    Realistic fix to the 2016 cap crunch..... boyle leaves via UFA replaced by Mcilrath, yandle leaves via UFA replaced by Skjei, Moore leaves via UFA replaced by Lindberg.... TA DAAAA

Quote Originally Posted by DiJock94 View Post
    Realistic fix to the 2016 cap crunch..... boyle leaves via UFA replaced by Mcilrath, yandle leaves via UFA replaced by Skjei, Moore leaves via UFA replaced by Lindberg.... TA DAAAA
    Kind of.

McIlrath requires waivers to go to the AHL next season, so if he doesn't beat Diaz out for a spot in camp, it's likely he's traded rather than exposed to waivers where he'd probably be claimed.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

"If someone tells me that I've hurt their feelings, I say, “I'm still waiting to hear what your point is.”"
    - Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Bantam Division DiJock94's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rome 2.0 View Post
    Kind of.

McIlrath requires waivers to go to the AHL next season, so if he doesn't beat Diaz out for a spot in camp, it's likely he's traded rather than exposed to waivers where he'd probably be claimed.
    he can also start the year in the minors and spend the whole year there, not having to be exposed to waivers

Quote Originally Posted by DiJock94 View Post
    he can also start the year in the minors and spend the whole year there, not having to be exposed to waivers
    Incorrect. In order to be assigned to the AHL, he will require being placed on waivers. So it's very much a make-or-break camp for him.

He either makes the team, in which case Diaz is expose to waivers (or traded), or vice versa.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Former Moderator BSBH Prospect
    I believe if that were to be the case (starting the year in the AHL), he would have to not be invited to training camp. I think that happened with Redden one year. I could be wrong. With how highly the coaching staff spoke of him, he's definitely going to get a chance to show his stuff in training camp and preseason.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12