Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some Summer Sums: Curing the 2016 Cap Conundrum

Some Summer Sums: Curing the 2016 Cap Conundrum

Not sure about Yandle but if Nash doesn't improve in the playoffs, i move him at the draft. Does he have a NTC/NMC? If not i look to move him to Calgary, a young team looking to make noise in the playoffs. Bouma, Hudler, and a 1st for Nash, 1.25 mil retained. If we move Yandle, send him to Boston. Yandle, 3rd for Krug, Hayes, 2nd, 5th. We can then use those picks or package them with another player for defensive or offensive help. If Skjei impresses, Staal, Etem and a 1st to Toronto for JVR and Panik? Trade Glass and let Moore walk. We still have the Calgary 1st and Boston 2nd.

JVR-Brassard-Zuccarello
    Kreider-Stepan-Hudler
    Miller-Hayes-Hayes
    Bouma-Lindberg-Panik/Fast

Girardi-Mcd
    RH veteran-Skjei/Krug
    Klein/Mcilrath-Skjei/Krug

Of course this depends on Skjei. I think those trades make us a deeper team and gives us more depth come playoff time. You can flip the Nash and Yandle picks for roster players if needed, depending on cap space.

Don't know how the cap situation looks with those trades but i was bored.

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by NYR View Post
    Not sure about Yandle but if Nash doesn't improve in the playoffs, i move him at the draft. Does he have a NTC/NMC? If not i look to move him to Calgary, a young team looking to make noise in the playoffs. Bouma, Hudler, and a 1st for Nash, 1.25 mil retained. If we move Yandle, send him to Boston. Yandle, 3rd for Krug, Hayes, 2nd, 5th. We can then use those picks or package them with another player for defensive or offensive help. If Skjei impresses, Staal, Etem and a 1st to Toronto for JVR and Panik? Trade Glass and let Moore walk. We still have the Calgary 1st and Boston 2nd.

JVR-Brassard-Zuccarello
    Kreider-Stepan-Hudler
    Miller-Hayes-Hayes

Girardi-Mcd
    RH veteran-Skjei/Krug

Of course this depends on Skjei. I think those trades make us a deeper team and gives us more depth come playoff time. You can flip the Nash and Yandle picks for roster players if needed, depending on cap space.

NHLGuru.net
    NHLNumbers.com
    GeneralFanager.com
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"If someone tells me that I've hurt their feelings, I say, “I'm still waiting to hear what your point is.”"
    - Christopher Hitchens

Shawcappella BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Rome 2.0 View Post
    NHLGuru.net
    NHLNumbers.com
    GeneralFanager.com
    I think it's safe to say that it's not remotely under the cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew a Penalty View Post
    Probably. I'm not doing his work for him though. That's why sites like these exist. I'm not buying the "I miss CapGeek" excuse. There are alternatives. Many of them.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

"If someone tells me that I've hurt their feelings, I say, “I'm still waiting to hear what your point is.”"
    - Christopher Hitchens

Former Moderator BSBH Prospect

JVR-Brassard-Zuccarello
    Kreider-Stepan-Hudler
    Miller-Hayes-Hayes

Girardi-Mcd
    RH veteran-Skjei/Krug

Hudler is a free agent after next season. Bouma is an overrated depth player who scored on 15.4% of his shots and only managed 16 goals.

Thanks. I did it fast but i'm pretty sure we save a few million with those moves, even with raises to Hayes and Kreider. I put Kreider at 5 mil and Hayes at 3. Leaves about 5 mil with a top 4 RHD and a 13th forward. Changed Bouma because he makes 2.2 million and added Bollig so i guess thats the 13th forward.

It actually is lol. About 14 million not including Kreider and Hayes signings. Say Skjei makes it on the 3rd pair with Klein. Leaves about 6 million for a 2nd pairing RD.

Its all for fun so yeah
    Last edited by NYR; 07-29-2015 at 07:25 PM.

Shawcappella BSBH Prospect
    It actually is lol. About 14 million not including Kreider and Hayes signings. Say Skjei makes it on the 3rd pair with Klein. Leaves about 6 million for a 2nd pairing RD.

Its all for fun so yeah
    You have $17.125 coming in and $15.725 going out in those trades. Never mind that you also have a pending UFA and RFA in the deal.

Lineup is

LW

JVR-$4,250,000
    Kreider-$5,000,000
    Miller-$1,350,000
    Panik-$975,000 or Bollig-$1,250,000

RW

Zuccarello-$4,500,000
    Hudler-$4,000,000
    Hayes-$2,300,000
    Fast-$950,000

C

Brassard-$5,000,000
    Stepan-$6,500,000
    Hayes-$3,250,000
    Lindberg-$650,000

D

Girardi-$5,500,000
    McD-$4,700,000
    Krug-$3,400,000
    Klein-$2,900,000
    Skjei-$925,000

Hank-$8,500,000
    Raanta-$ 900,000? Forgot

$67,650,000. That included a 7th dman and 13th forward

You have $17.125 coming in and $15.725 going out in those trades. Never mind that you also have a pending UFA and RFA in the deal.
    Yeah, i didn't put too much thought into it. Other teams interest me but i didn't take the time to really look.

This is what I have for 2016-17 with a 5% rise in the cap to $75.1M

Zuccarello (4.5) - Brassard (5) - Nash (7.8)
    Kreider (*5*) - Stepan (6.5) - Miller (*2.7*)
    Buchnevich (*.9*) - Hayes (*3*) - Etem (*1.8*)
    Glass (1.45) - Lindberg (.65) - Fast (.95)

McDonagh (4.7) - Girardi (5.5)
    Staal (5.7) - Demers (*3.2*)
    Skjei (.925) - Klein (2.9)
    McIlrath (*.9*)

Lundqvist (8.5) - Hellberg (.625)

Total Salary Cap Hit: 73.2
    Cap: 75.1
    Cap Space: 1.85

Forwards: 12
    Defensemen: 7
    Goalies: 2

---

Bridge deals for Etem, Miller and Hayes. By the time those deals are up, Staal and Girardi's contracts will carry NTCs and we can figure out trades and adjustments then. Kreider gets paid. Bring in Buchnevich who said he was waiting another year. With Boyle and Yandle gone, bring up Skjei full time on the left side and sign Demers or a similar RHD for a modest cap hit. We also have enough room for a league minimum spare forward or two.

Former Moderator BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Cash or Czech? View Post
    This is what I have for 2016-17 with a 5% rise in the cap to $75.1M

Zuccarello (4.5) - Brassard (5) - Nash (7.8)
    Kreider (*5*) - Stepan (6.5) - Miller (*2.7*)
    Buchnevich (*.9*) - Hayes (*3*) - Etem (*1.8*)
    Glass (1.45) - Lindberg (.65) - Fast (.95)

McDonagh (4.7) - Girardi (5.5)
    Staal (5.7) - Demers (*3.2*)
    Skjei (.925) - Klein (2.9)
    McIlrath (*.9*)

Lundqvist (8.5) - Hellberg (.625)

Total Salary Cap Hit: 73.2
    Cap: 75.1
    Cap Space: 1.85

Forwards: 12
    Defensemen: 7
    Goalies: 2

---

Bridge deals for Etem, Miller and Hayes. By the time those deals are up, Staal and Girardi's contracts will carry NTCs and we can figure out trades and adjustments then. Kreider gets paid. Bring in Buchnevich who said he was waiting another year. With Boyle and Yandle gone, bring up Skjei full time on the left side and sign Demers or a similar RHD for a modest cap hit. We also have enough room for a league minimum spare forward or two.
    You have the spirit of the threads mixed up, Alex.

This type of realistic post is better meant for the other Cap Crunch thread. This thread is more for fantasy-type wish-list fixes. Make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    You have the spirit of the threads mixed up, Alex.

This type of realistic post is better meant for the other Cap Crunch thread. This thread is more for fantasy-type wish-list fixes. Make sense?
    They're both fantasy, because this is getting into free agency and trades (potentially). It's just more realistic and grounded than the other proposals in this thread.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Former Moderator BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Rome 2.0 View Post
    They're both fantasy, because this is getting into free agency and trades (potentially). It's just more realistic and grounded than the other proposals in this thread.
    Well, yea, that's exactly why the two threads were split, they breed different types of discussion.

CoC's plan is actually feasible and within the realm of reason. NYR's was more "Wild Ride".

Fair enough. We all know how I felt about the Wild Rides...

If you want to move my post or combine it with my Buchnevich comment, I'd be perfectly okay with that.

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    This thread has a Bretzky feel to it
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

If it involves trade proposals and free agents, it's fantasy. Internal call-ups and new contracts, still fantasy, but based in reality. Easier to have grounded discussions about.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

IMO, we don't need any outside additions at forward just yet. While we could use a more established top-6 winger than Miller/Etem, we can get by hoping a forward internally develops into that 6th forward spot. Both Miller and Etem have that offensive potential, as well as Fast having step-in capabilities. Hayes also has the ability to switch to wing and IIRC played a few games with Nash and Brassard last year.

The big thing in two seasons will be on defense where we will have to bring in at least one outside player and possibly two, depending on internal development. We've been spoiled with our NHL level defense, but our prospect pool has perennially been shallow. Skjei is the blue chip guy but unless someone like Graves surprises quickly, there will be an acquisition made. It just depends on how high up the depth chart Gorton and Co want to go with said acquisition.

The Dolphin Whisperer BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Missing Teeth View Post
    This thread has a Bretzky feel to it
    Close. Not quite though...

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Morphinity View Post
    Close. Not quite though...
    Okay okay more like Purple Hayes
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast