Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Sather Talks Candidly About Arbitration Process

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I understand his point about me, I just don't agree that I continue to watch the team no matter who they trade because I'm some type of super-fan.

There are simply hundreds of thousands of casual fans who don't stop following a team because their favorite player, and we shouldn't worry about the hundreds who might.
    I'm 40 and have known many many many fans throughout my time around the game. I don't know ANY fan that said "they traded X away, im never watching them again." Hell, i don't even know if i can think of a fan of ANY sport who said that.

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Keirik View Post
    I'm 40 and have known many many many fans throughout my time around the game. I don't know ANY fan that said "they traded X away, im never watching them again." Hell, i don't even know if i can think of a fan of ANY sport who said that.
    There was a lot of that kind of talk with the Callahan trade. A lot of (young) fans were pissed. Talking about how they'd go be Lightning fans now.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"If someone tells me that I've hurt their feelings, I say, “I'm still waiting to hear what your point is.”"
    - Christopher Hitchens

Former Moderator BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Keirik View Post
    Exactly. And when people say it, they rarely follow through.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Rome 2.0 View Post
    There was a lot of that kind of talk with the Callahan trade. A lot of (young) fans were pissed. Talking about how they'd go be Lightning fans now.
    And i bet none went through with that. There is a difference between the 5 minute hissy fit we all get when someone leaves (Gaby ) and actually doing so. If we took every "you know, that's it, I'm never watching them again" after every dumb Rangers moment, Dancin Larry would be doing his jig alone in the stands

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234