Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Rangers Re-Sign [F] Derek Stepan to 6-Year/$39M Extension; $6.5M AAV

Senior Member Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Giacomin View Post
    It is widely understood that Thorton or Marleau were never asked last year or this year, because Thorton would have refused. Marleau likely does not return enough interest to make it worth upsetting him. There has already been a year and a half worth of drama in SJ. I just don't think Wilson has been faced with a deal where he would go to one of the players to ask.

Boyle basically used code too, to say he wants to be back here next year.

Now now Rome, you for one lectured me about why G, Staal or Boyle would not agree to leave NY for most destinations. Especially while the Rangers are serious contenders. And imagine the kind of winger we could get if we were able to package Staal or G with Talbot and Hags. That option was not worth the energy of exploring because of what you told me. Bottom line the NMC is a major encumberence. The NTC is less so, but can still be an obstacle if only a few teams are permitted.
    I thought Thornton was asked and said he would only go to the Rangers?

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    I thought Thornton was asked and said he would only go to the Rangers?
    No, he was never asked to waive it.

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/sharks/...omment-page-5/
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If youíre a good loser, youíre a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think youí'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Quote Originally Posted by Rome 2.0 View Post
    No, he was never asked to waive it.

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/sharks/...omment-page-5/

Ok. Thete were plenty of rumors last season stating otherwise. Guess they were just rumors.

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend

Under pressure: Derek Stepan

Well, now Stepan will face a different kind of pressure: proving that heís worth the money.

Rangers history is littered with the shattered expectations of Rangers who ended up being cap catastrophes, something that once defined the tenure of long-time GM Glen Sather. On the bright side, the teamís had better luck when they shell out big cash to homegrown talent, most obviously with Henrik Lundqvist.

Stepanís scoring continues to come along each season. Despite being limited to 68 games in 2014-15, Stepan generated 55 points, nearly matching his 2013-14 output (57 points in 82 games).

Stepanís been a strong playoff performer, as well, and that will need to continue after some key personnel losses this summer.
    Stepanís possession numbers were downright ghastly in 2014-15, but itís plausible that some of those struggles may be attributed to his veteran partnerís decline.
    http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...-derek-stepan/
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If youíre a good loser, youíre a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think youí'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

I don't care what his possession numbers are as long as the numbers that count are high when it counts. I have faith.
    FIRE VIGNEAULT

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456