Page 50 of 52 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1027

Thread: 2015 Off-Season Thread: Trades, Free Agent Signings & More

I always thought Fehr was a RW. I like the Cullen signing, good player.

Senior Member Junior Division
    I hate Cullen signing with Pittsburgh. I love him. I don't wanna have to root against him.

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Cash or Czech? View Post
    Crosby-Malkin-Bonino-Fehr-Cullen. We get it Pittsburgh, you have centers now.

Always loved Cullen as a player. Glad he got a deal.
    Fehr is a winger no? Always liked his game. Surprised it took this long for him to sign somewhere.

Former Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    Fehr is a winger no? Always liked his game. Surprised it took this long for him to sign somewhere.
    He plays both. I put him on the centers list because of his efficiency in the face off circle. IIRC, he was drawing at 52% last year.

Deleted Midget Division
    Won't make a thread, as I'm not sure about the guidelines - but we just signed Stoll.

Quote Originally Posted by torontonyr View Post
    This roster is tougher to play against, without a doubt - but it's also less offensively threatening, at least potentially.

I still think that this team will make a trade before game 1 of this season, and it'll likely be on D. Maybe a package of McIlrath and Glass.
    i like where your'e going with this in terms of discussion, especially the first para. We have undergone some serious turnover here. I could subscribe somewhat to the theory that we have lost some fire power, but if we get growth from our youth we could easily surpass what we've lost.

The Stoll signing is great if he keeps his nose clean, (don't hate on the pun). There's never anything wrong with bringing in a vet who has been to the mountain top.

Our Dee and Goalie remain the same. We dont particularly need a tremendous amount of goals.

Moderator Junior Division
    He plays both. I put him on the centers list because of his efficiency in the face off circle. IIRC, he was drawing at 52% last year.
    I don't think he ever played both until last year. Last season was the first time he took more than 800 FOs, and he took 425 the year before. Other than that, he's never taken them.

The fact that he had never taken them and turned into a solid FO guy gives me hope for Kevin Hayes lol

With the Stoll signing, General Fanager has us at 825k in cap space with 13 forwards, 7 defensemen and 2 goalies. That does not include Lindberg or McIlrath on the roster. It also has us at 49 contracts against the 50 contract limit.

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    I have a feeling they'll make a small trade prior to the season as well. Probably a guy like McIlrath, assuming he can't beat Diaz out for the seventh spot.

Or if he somehow really does impress, perhaps they finally move Klein instead? Doubt it, but still.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"If someone tells me that I've hurt their feelings, I say, “I'm still waiting to hear what your point is.”"
    - Christopher Hitchens

Penguins sign Sergei Gonchar (41) to a PTO. I'm not sure of the implications of one so far in advance of the preseason. Unless he wants to retire a Penguin? He was only in Pittsburgh for five seasons.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=7...d=nhl:topheads

Junior Member Mite Division NYguitarguy's Avatar
    Frolik or Beleskey were on my wish list as well, but with all of our pending free agents for 2016 (Kreider, Hayes and Miller), I can't see the Rangers tying up any long term money in anyone

I think Miller will take a big step forward this year building off of the confidence he gained last year especially in the post season.

Defense, Defense, Defense! Pittsburgh can load up as much as they want up front, If you can't play D in the NHL, you're gonna have some problems

The list of potentials should get everyone excited:

Staal, Stamkos, Kopitar, Lucic, O'Reilly, Seabrook, Byfuglien, Kesler, Backes, Ladd, Voracek. Even if half are re-signed, it'll still be very very interesting.
    Unless the Rangers trade Nash, none of these guys can even be considered. We don't have the cap space. It's gonna cost somewhere in the neighborhood of 6- 8 million to get Kreider, Hayes and Miller locked up in 16'

Quote Originally Posted by NYguitarguy View Post
    Unless the Rangers trade Nash, none of these guys can even be considered. We don't have the cap space. It's gonna cost somewhere in the neighborhood of 6- 8 million to get Kreider, Hayes and Miller locked up in 16'
    More. Kreider I've got pegged at $5M alone. Hayes and Miller around $3.5M each.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

"If someone tells me that I've hurt their feelings, I say, “I'm still waiting to hear what your point is.”"
    - Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Junior Division
    We go from maybe the worst UFA class ever to potentially one of the best, atleast in recent memory. The 2016 class is stacked.

Unless the NYR do at least a partial tear down, they won't be major players next summer. No money to spend.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Another sub-par playoffs and I can see them unloading Nash which should free up enough space to sign their RFA's and one other big one.

Former Moderator BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Another sub-par playoffs and I can see them unloading Nash which should free up enough space to sign their RFA's and one other big one.
    I can't see any way you unload that much salary and not to significant salary back.

Quote Originally Posted by Rome 2.0 View Post
    More. Kreider I've got pegged at $5M alone. Hayes and Miller around $3.5M each.
    That could very well be the case Rome. Kreider and Miller need to show some major consistency this season if they're expecting those kinds of contracts. I was a little surprised when they only gave Miller a 1 year deal instead of the usual 2 year bridge deal they normally give to a player in his position. This could be his last year to show the goods or become trade bait. Especially with Buchnevich expected to assume a top 6 role in the very very near future.

Quote Originally Posted by NYguitarguy View Post
    That could very well be the case Rome. Kreider and Miller need to show some major consistency this season if they're expecting those kinds of contracts. I was a little surprised when they only gave Miller a 1 year deal instead of the usual 2 year bridge deal they normally give to a player in his position. This could be his last year to show the goods or become trade bait. Especially with Buchnevich expected to assume a top 6 role in the very very near future.
    Doubt this as well. Buchnevich is expected to compete for a spot as soon as next season (one following this), but if you think they're holding the door open for him for a top six role out of the gate I've got a bridge to sell you. He has zero games NHL experience. He'd have to dazzle and awe the world to be gifted that kind of role before his first NHL game.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I can't see any way you unload that much salary and not to significant salary back.
    Sather was able to do it in the Gomez deal. I know this is probably an anomaly but it shows it can be done. And Nash is way better than Gomez was at the time.

Page 50 of 52 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 LastLast