Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 1027

Thread: 2015 Off-Season Thread: Trades, Free Agent Signings & More

  1. #21
    Senior Member Junior Division
    RichieNextel305's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Over there
    Posts
    9,914
    Rep Power
    81
    Any?

    I'll give my first born for that first pick you own there, Pete.

  2. #22
    The Dolphin Whisperer BSBH Rookie
    Morphinity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    28,178
    Rep Power
    344
    Quote Originally Posted by RichieNextel305 View Post
    Any?

    I'll give my first born for that first pick you own there, Pete.
    The crazy part is you're 100% serious.

  3. #23
    Former Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Cash or Czech?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    16,321
    Rep Power
    60
    I can't even imagine what it'd cost us to get the #1 overall pick. Probably two of McDonagh, Lundqvist and Nash.

  4. #24
    The Dolphin Whisperer BSBH Rookie
    Morphinity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    28,178
    Rep Power
    344
    Quote Originally Posted by Cash or Czech? View Post
    I can't even imagine what it'd cost us to get the #1 overall pick. Probably two of McDonagh, Lundqvist and Nash.
    And Richie's first born.

  5. #25
    Former Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Cash or Czech?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    16,321
    Rep Power
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by Morphinity View Post
    And Richie's first born.
    So a first round pick in 2030? That's the easiest part of the deal to swallow.

  6. #26
    Raanta and Raving BSBH Prospect
    Captain Clutch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    10,967
    Rep Power
    36
    I don't know why but I'd like Joel Ward on the Rangers. Dude is a Ranger killer, need to get him out of the pool

  7. #27
    Let's talk about stickers Junior Division
    TwoMinutesForNothing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    6,764
    Rep Power
    57
    Is Condra the guy that we've been rumored to be trying to trade for for like 2 years now? If so I would expect Sather to go all in on him.

  8. #28
    Pain heals. Chicks dig scars BSBH Prospect
    Shane Falco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    LI, NY
    Posts
    11,179
    Rep Power
    81
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Clutch View Post
    I don't know why but I'd like Joel Ward on the Rangers. Dude is a Ranger killer, need to get him out of the pool
    Nightmare in the crease. What would he even command salary wise?

  9. #29
    Former Moderator BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    74,851
    Rep Power
    438
    He's older. 34. Stay away.

  10. #30
    #MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    80,827
    Rep Power
    354
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoMinutesForNothing View Post
    Is Condra the guy that we've been rumored to be trying to trade for for like 2 years now? If so I would expect Sather to go all in on him.
    No, that was Colin Greening, who also sucks.

    I'm pretty sure the Rangers already own Erik Condra in the form of Carl Klingberg too.
    Hidden Content

    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi


    "If someone tells me that I've hurt their feelings, I say, “I'm still waiting to hear what your point is.”"
    - Christopher Hitchens

  11. #31
    Senior Member Pee-Wee Division jrc64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    848
    Rep Power
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Cash or Czech? View Post
    The list of potentials should get everyone excited:

    Staal, Stamkos, Kopitar, Lucic, O'Reilly, Seabrook, Byfuglien, Kesler, Backes, Ladd, Voracek. Even if half are re-signed, it'll still be very very interesting.
    Lucic...please!

  12. #32
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    Flynn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Down South
    Posts
    1,476
    Rep Power
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by jrc64 View Post
    Lucic...please!
    I hate that fucker.... but would LOVE him if he were here.

  13. #33
    Senior Member Pee-Wee Division jrc64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    848
    Rep Power
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Flynn View Post
    I hate that fucker.... but would LOVE him if he were here.
    Exactly! Type of player we can really use.

  14. #34
    🔴⚪️🔵 BSBH Prospect
    !br-avery!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Around
    Posts
    11,628
    Rep Power
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Clutch View Post
    I don't know why but I'd like Joel Ward on the Rangers. Dude is a Ranger killer, need to get him out of the pool
    Then they come here and suck
    He's older too

  15. #35
    Senior Member Pee-Wee Division jrc64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    848
    Rep Power
    9
    I would hate to see this happen. Any reason we can't get this deal done considering what the article claims Boston to be looking for? Granted, we would need to shed the Nash contract or most of it somehow. I would think we should at least kick the tires on this as he is exactly what we were missing! Just my thoughts. I know it's wishful thinking, but hey....I can dream.

    http://broadstreetbuzz.com/2015/06/0...n-milan-lucic/

  16. #36
    Former Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Cash or Czech?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    16,321
    Rep Power
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by jrc64 View Post
    I would hate to see this happen. Any reason we can't get this deal done considering what the article claims Boston to be looking for? Granted, we would need to shed the Nash contract or most of it somehow. I would think we should at least kick the tires on this as he is exactly what we were missing! Just my thoughts. I know it's wishful thinking, but hey....I can dream.

    http://broadstreetbuzz.com/2015/06/0...n-milan-lucic/
    That article is incredibly flawed because the Flyers need young, promising D just as bad as the Bruins do. We're in a similar boat. We have a couple of prospects but if we trade them, our cupboards are bare yet again and we're back to square one.
    Last edited by Cash or Czech?; 06-04-2015 at 03:48 PM.

  17. #37
    Former Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Cash or Czech?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    16,321
    Rep Power
    60
    I'm not entirely sure where to post this, but here is my work up of the Rangers cap situation. Unless we move Hagelin in addition to buying out Boyle, we're pretty much going to have the same roster next season. Almost no room to work with under the cap for free agent additions.

    If Stepan signs for $6M and Hagelin for $3M, we might be able to get a UFA forward as well.
    Last edited by Cash or Czech?; 06-04-2015 at 03:48 PM.

  18. #38
    Senior Member Junior Division
    ThirtyONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    9,156
    Rep Power
    58
    Quote Originally Posted by Cash or Czech? View Post
    I'm not entirely sure where to post this, but here is my work up of the Rangers cap situation. Unless we move Hagelin in addition to buying out Boyle, we're pretty much going to have the same roster next season. Almost no room to work with under the cap for free agent additions.
    I don't think that's a bad thing. This team was the best team in the NHL. A few very serious injuries kept us from going to the finals for a second straight year. If we replace MSL properly we'll have another chance at winning.
    FIRE VIGNEAULT

  19. #39
    Banned Mite Division EtemFast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    42
    Rep Power
    0
    Trade McDonagh for Taylor Hall

    Sign Paul Martin for 3 years, $12M

    Nash Brassard Zuccarello
    Kreider Stepan Hall
    Hagelin Hayes Miller
    Lindberg Moore Fast

    Yandle Girardi
    Martin Boyle
    Staal Klein

    (Hunwick, Skjei, McIlrath if needed)

    Lundqvist
    Talbot

    just my .02 !!

    (I know we just traded our captain when we traded Cally for MSL, but I really think this D-corps needs to be lead by Yandle, and McDonagh is our best trade-chip that doesn't have a friggin NMC/NTC)

    It's a huge gamble, but I think Hall puts our offense over the top.

    I also think EDM does it because McDonagh gives them a young, under-contract #1D (their biggest need other than a goaltender) Maybe even include Talbot if McD doesn't get Hall alone, but I think he would.

    EDM would still have Eberle, Nugent-Hopkins, McDavid, Yakupov, Pouliot, and Draisaitl in their top 6. And now they'd finally have a top defender.

    I also wouldn't be opposed to getting someone like Patrick Sharp (if CHI looks to deal him on the cheap just to cut salary). We could use a RH shot on the PP.

  20. #40
    #MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    80,827
    Rep Power
    354
    Quote Originally Posted by HayesToHagelin View Post
    Trade McDonagh for Taylor Hall

    Sign Paul Martin for 3 years, $12M

    Nash Brassard Zuccarello
    Kreider Stepan Hall
    Hagelin Hayes Miller
    Lindberg Moore Fast

    Yandle Girardi
    Martin Boyle
    Staal Klein

    (Hunwick, Skjei, McIlrath if needed)

    Lundqvist
    Talbot

    just my .02 !!

    (I know we just traded our captain when we traded Cally for MSL, but I really think this D-corps needs to be lead by Yandle, and McDonagh is our best trade-chip that doesn't have a friggin NMC/NTC)

    It's a huge gamble, but I think Hall puts our offense over the top.

    I also think EDM does it because McDonagh gives them a young, under-contract #1D (their biggest need other than a goaltender) Maybe even include Talbot if McD doesn't get Hall alone, but I think he would.

    EDM would still have Eberle, Nugent-Hopkins, McDavid, Yakupov, Pouliot, and Draisaitl in their top 6. And now they'd finally have a top defender.

    I also wouldn't be opposed to getting someone like Patrick Sharp (if CHI looks to deal him on the cheap just to cut salary). We could use a RH shot on the PP.


    The only reason this team dealt its last captain is because he was a UFA who the team couldn't come to an agreement with prior to the deadline. They had two offers, one for futures which Sather said he wasn't sure he would take, and the other for Marty St. Louis, which he considered too good to pass up on. Hindsight being 20/20, we can debate this to our hearts' content, but I don't even know where to begin with the idea of dealing McDonagh, let alone the concept that this teams' D needs to be lead by Yandle.

    Let's start here... why? Why does it need to be lead by Yandle?
    Hidden Content

    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi


    "If someone tells me that I've hurt their feelings, I say, “I'm still waiting to hear what your point is.”"
    - Christopher Hitchens

Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •