Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beukeboom Gives Update on Rangers' Prospects Skjei, McIlrath, Lindberg

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by DiJock94 View Post
    I would love if Skjei-Mcilrath could make our third line, would save us a ton of cap space
    Not gonna happen. Yandle is signed another year, so unless you think they're gonna flip him and buy out Boyle, there's just no room.

Staal, Girardi, McDonagh, Klein are all under contract. Hunwick is a UFA, so if they bring him back it just adds to the mix. I think if Boyle gets bought out (somewhat likely), you've got one open spot to compete for.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"If someone tells me that I've hurt their feelings, I say, “I'm still waiting to hear what your point is.”"
    - Christopher Hitchens

Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    Maybe McIlrath could get in the face off circle, and just elbow the other guy in the head when the puck is dropped.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey37 View Post
    Maybe McIlrath could get in the face off circle, and just elbow the other guy in the head when the puck is dropped.
    Couldn't they just sign Danny Brière for that?

Oh, sorry, he doesn't use his elbow. He uses the butt-end of his stick.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

"If someone tells me that I've hurt their feelings, I say, “I'm still waiting to hear what your point is.”"
    - Christopher Hitchens

Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Rome 2.0 View Post
    Couldn't they just sign Danny Brière for that?

Oh, sorry, he doesn't use his elbow. He uses the butt-end of his stick.
    Anything to get an edge my friend.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Senior Member Bantam Division DiJock94's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rome 2.0 View Post
    Not gonna happen. Yandle is signed another year, so unless you think they're gonna flip him and buy out Boyle, there's just no room.

Staal, Girardi, McDonagh, Klein are all under contract. Hunwick is a UFA, so if they bring him back it just adds to the mix. I think if Boyle gets bought out (somewhat likely), you've got one open spot to compete for.
    obviously there's no room unless we move our disgraceful 3rd line. But it would still save alot of money on the cap. thats why i said i would love it, not i expect it to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by DiJock94 View Post
    obviously there's no room unless we move our disgraceful 3rd line. But it would still save alot of money on the cap. thats why i said i would love it, not i expect it to happen.
    Gotcha. Yeah, definitely a pipe dream IMO.

I think the best we can hope for is that Boyle is bought out and that it opens the door for someone like McIlrath (or Skjei) to make the team out of camp.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

I feel sorry for the earth's population BSBH Prospect
    McIlrath is a righty, Skjei a lefty. Given AV doesn't like playing guys out of position if he can help it, I think Skjei will play a half season at least in Hartford. There's really no rush with him. He just made it to pro, we have McDonagh, Staal and Yandle down the left side. If we buy out Boyle, which I think cap-wise will become a necessity, then we have a 6 RD spot. If McIlrath can't seize it, we'll have to find one elsewhere. I'm fine then trading him if we can, or playing him as an 8th D if we have room. I want Hunwick back if he'll accept that 7th role, but I have a feeling he's done enough this year to earn a $2M per, 2 year deal from someone who will use him as a 5/6.

For forwards, I wouldn't mind rolling with something like:

Nash - Brassard - MZA
    Kreider - Stepan - Fast
    Hagelin - Hayes - Miller
    Glass - Moore - Lindberg

Get Lindberg into a pro spot, even if it's in a defensive role where he can add some offense. He should be able to then slot up if/when we have injuries as he becomes more comfortable (think Fast). As Hayes and Miller develop more, we end up with an extremely balanced scoring top 9.

The Dolphin Whisperer BSBH Rookie
    Lindberg is a center though, no?

I believe he plays all three forward positions.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

I feel sorry for the earth's population BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Morphinity View Post
    Lindberg is a center though, no?
    He can move around. Most centers in the league find themselves on the wing from time to time. Both Hayes and Miller spent time on the wing earning their NHL jobs. Miller is still there quite frequently. We also used Boyle and Moore last year on the 4th line with success.

Ideally, with Lindberg being good on draws at the lower levels and that being an area we lack, we'll find spots for him to work on his face offs at the NHL level though.

Formerly Richter Redux Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanJesus View Post
    He can move around. Most centers in the league find themselves on the wing from time to time. Both Hayes and Miller spent time on the wing earning their NHL jobs. Miller is still there quite frequently. We also used Boyle and Moore last year on the 4th line with success.

Ideally, with Lindberg being good on draws at the lower levels and that being an area we lack, we'll find spots for him to work on his face offs at the NHL level though.
    Yeah, he's a terrific defensive forward for that and many other reasons. He wins draws, has size, kills penalties, moves the puck, skates well, works along the boards, etc. He's got moderate offensive ability too. He'll be a great addition to the team when he makes it. He also has a tendency to be one of those guys that steps up when the pressure rises, like our other Swedes in Hagelin/Fast.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12