Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 27 of 27

Thread: Projected 2016 No.1 Overall Pick Auston Matthews Signs in Switzerland

  1. #21
    Resident Garbage Clown BSBH Prospect
    Dunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    10,728
    Rep Power
    186
    It's going to continue to happen. It's clearly the smartest thing to do. The only issue, in the Swiss league anyways, are the import restrictions.

  2. #22
    Former Moderator BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    74,851
    Rep Power
    438
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    It's going to continue to happen. It's clearly the smartest thing to do. The only issue, in the Swiss league anyways, are the import restrictions.
    It's the most short term lucrative thing... Is he going to develop there?

  3. #23
    Resident Garbage Clown BSBH Prospect
    Dunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    10,728
    Rep Power
    186
    I think so. Especially in Switzerland. Coaching there is fantastic. Sweden/Finland too. It's professional hockey. You're a concussion away from getting nothing. Not only getting nothing, but getting nothing and making lots of money for your masters in either the NCAA or CHL. They have to smarten up here. CHL should pay kids. It's not like the NCAA views them as amateurs anyways.

  4. #24
    Moderator Junior Division
    Future's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    5,317
    Rep Power
    104
    I'm surprised a lot more players don't do the exact same thing. It makes a lot of sense

  5. #25
    Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Puck Head's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    North Pole
    Posts
    10,554
    Rep Power
    114
    Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    I'm surprised a lot more players don't do the exact same thing. It makes a lot of sense
    Very few non drafted players would be ready for this level of hockey.
    Maybe one per draft year

  6. #26
    Former Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Cash or Czech?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    16,537
    Rep Power
    64
    And even if he's not NHL ready next season, he's AHL eligible as soon as he gets drafted.

  7. #27
    a.k.a.Phildagoalie Junior Division
    Respecttheblue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    N.Y.
    Posts
    9,332
    Rep Power
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    I love it. Finally some one with the balls to say the system fucking sucks. He either had to go the cumbersome NCAA route or the CHL route with massively long bus rides and a total dictation of where he would play. Good for him.
    Ditto that.
    Few can do it, bit if he can do it and get paid, it's good insurance for whatever curveballs life throws.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    I love it. Finally some one with the balls to say the system fucking sucks. He either had to go the cumbersome NCAA route or the CHL route with massively long bus rides and a total dictation of where he would play. Good for him.
    Last edited by Respecttheblue; 08-09-2015 at 10:05 AM.
    If n ya gots jowls, they might as well be furry ones.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •