• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Kurt Cobain: Montage of Heck

Phil

It's a super creative take on the standard "life and times of Kurt Cobain" stuff you've already seen. This also sheds light (albeit biased light, because Courtney Love kept Dave Grohl out of this) on some details we didn't know about that I won't post here out of doing the doc its own justice.

I have it on DVR and just need sometime this weekend to watch it, I heard this was excellent. I heard an interview on Opie and Jim Norton with the director, and he said that over the summer a soundtrack is coming out for the movie with all unreleased music just by Kurt, I am excited for that one.

It's a super creative take on the standard "life and times of Kurt Cobain" stuff you've already seen. This also sheds light (albeit biased light, because Courtney Love kept Dave Grohl out of this) on some details we didn't know about that I won't post here out of doing the doc its own justice.

As to this, the director was asked about this by Opie, and he said that he didn't want to make this a Nirvana movie, so he didn't want to put too much of the members, except Novacelic who was very good friends with Kurt. He also said that by the time he did sit down with Grohl, the movie was already in editing and they couldn't really fit the interview in. I get what he is saying, he said that he always gets this question, and that this is a movie about Kurt for his daughter. He said there is a ton of stuff he found in Kurts storage that he wanted to put in the movie and didn't have time for or didn't feel right putting it in, especially when they came across the suicide letter.

Archived