Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do You Even Watch The Games?: A Clearinghouse For All [Advanced] Statistics

I feel sorry for the earth's population BSBH Prospect
    I just stumbled onto some stats pages under Team Enhanced stats on NHL.com that I thought I'd share.

STATS > TEAMS

View Statistics By: Game
    Category: Enhanced

Report: Faceoffs by Zone
    ----------------------------------
    http://www.nhl.com/stats/team?report...ns&aggregate=1

Rangers are 25th in OZ FOW%, 6th in DZ FOW%, 26th in NZ FOW% (basically, Dominic Moore).

They also have wins and losses when ahead, behind and tied, although for some reason they don't give you percentages on those, just totals. As with many of these displays, you can check out matchups, so in scouting tonight's game, you could see that the Rangers have won 48.4% draws against the Devils in their previous three meetings.

Report: Shot Type Breakdown
    http://www.nhl.com/stats/team?report...ts&aggregate=1

Rangers are 26th in the league in Back hand goals with 12, 10th in Slap Shot Goals with 20.

They have a number of shot types, goals based on shot types, along with missed types (Cross bar, Post, Over and Wide). Again, you can limit by team and opponent if you want.

Report: Game Report
    http://www.nhl.com/stats/team?report...Id&aggregate=1

This was a once very easy to find section of the NHL.com where most advanced stats sites would pull their data from. Now it's hidden down here, but the Summaries are all there with an added Shift Chart that give you a graphical display of the Home and Away TOI reports. Nice for seeing when a player gets benched or get visual view of pairings on defense or 5 man units, for instance:

http://www.nhl.com/stats/shiftcharts?id=2015020885

Inexplicably, you can't filter or sort this Report by team, so you have to dig. You can change from season view to a date range though. Not great, but if you're trying to track down a game from Mid January, you can narrow the results.

Note: In all but the Game Report, you can remove the "Aggregate Results" check box and instead get a game by game report. So if you want to see how the Rangers faceoffs were in each game against the Devils, that can be done here.

The Dolphin Whisperer BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanJesus View Post
    I just stumbled onto some stats pages under Team Enhanced stats on NHL.com that I thought I'd share.

STATS > TEAMS

View Statistics By: Game
    Category: Enhanced

Report: Faceoffs by Zone
    http://www.nhl.com/stats/team?report...ns&aggregate=1

Rangers are 25th in OZ FOW%, 6th in DZ FOW%, 26th in NZ FOW% (basically, Dominic Moore).

They also have wins and losses when ahead, behind and tied, although for some reason they don't give you percentages on those, just totals. As with many of these displays, you can check out matchups, so in scouting tonight's game, you could see that the Rangers have won 48.4% draws against the Devils in their previous three meetings.

Report: Shot Type Breakdown
    http://www.nhl.com/stats/team?report...ts&aggregate=1

Rangers are 26th in the league in Back hand goals with 12, 10th in Slap Shot Goals with 20.

They have a number of shot types, goals based on shot types, along with missed types (Cross bar, Post, Over and Wide). Again, you can limit by team and opponent if you want.

Report: Game Report
    http://www.nhl.com/stats/team?report...Id&aggregate=1

This was a once very easy to find section of the NHL.com where most advanced stats sites would pull their data from. Now it's hidden down here, but the Summaries are all there with an added Shift Chart that give you a graphical display of the Home and Away TOI reports. Nice for seeing when a player gets benched or get visual view of pairings on defense or 5 man units, for instance:

http://www.nhl.com/stats/shiftcharts?id=2015020885

Inexplicably, you can't filter or sort this Report by team, so you have to dig. You can change from season view to a date range though. Not great, but if you're trying to track down a game from Mid January, you can narrow the results.

Note: In all but the Game Report, you can remove the "Aggregate Results" check box and instead get a game by game report. So if you want to see how the Rangers faceoffs were in each game against the Devils, that can be done here.
    Do you mean this?
    http://www.nhl.com/stats/team?report...ns&aggregate=0

Sticks Out For Harambe BSBH Prospect
    https://www.capfriendly.com/post_tax_calculator

This calculates player salary after taxes by market.
    Hidden Content
    “Practice isn't the thing you do once you're good. It's the thing you do that makes you good.”- Malcolm Gladwell

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    @HockeyStatMiner: Here's a look at #NHL goalies' 5v5 save% (both adjusted & unadjusted). Minimum 1600 minutes played

--

BRUH
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"If someone tells me that I've hurt their feelings, I say, “I'm still waiting to hear what your point is.”"
    - Christopher Hitchens

Sticks Out For Harambe BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Rome 2.0 View Post
    @HockeyStatMiner: Here's a look at #NHL goalies' 5v5 save% (both adjusted & unadjusted). Minimum 1600 minutes played

--

BRUH
    Best season of his career 5v5. The scary thing too is that he's doing so well despite facing a lot of quality chances from up and personal. Eddie Lack, 1326.47 of 5v5 TOI, is facing shots of closer average length than Lundqvist with an AVG distance of 29.18 feet.
    GOALIE TOI AVG SHOT DISTANCE (FEET)
    HENRIK LUNDQVIST 2460.02 30.02
    ROBERTO LUONGO 2493.61 32.65
    BRADEN HOLTBY 2636.61 32.87
    COREY CRAWFORD 2572.94 33.81
    MARC-ANDRE FLEURY 2514.26 35
    JONATHAN QUICK 2672.93 37.64

Some truly fascinating stuff considering the state of the defense this year, although you could say facing those extra shots has helped the save percentage, but I
    wouldn't expect such a tremendous surge despite such an onslaught.

Numbers via Corsica.
    Hidden Content
    “Practice isn't the thing you do once you're good. It's the thing you do that makes you good.”- Malcolm Gladwell

Keep in mind 7 of the last 10 Cup winners were top-5 in possession statistics.

Senior Member Junior Division
    I'm assuming the line represents the season thus far? That means we've only gotten worse as the season has gone along.

I said it in the GDT but the amount of shots we give up is frightening. Seems like we're outshot by almost double every night now.
    FIRE VIGNEAULT

Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    I'm assuming the line represents the season thus far? That means we've only gotten worse as the season has gone along.

I said it in the GDT but the amount of shots we give up is frightening. Seems like we're outshot by almost double every night now.
    Yes. Some of that comes with having a lead though. Teams demonstrate a hit to their possession stats when they have a lead. And the Rangers have led for the 2nd most amount of time in the league.

Honestly, if they could stop blowing leads and fix their PK, a lot of this team's problem can be solved. Obviously it comes down to personnel and overall gameplan though.

Senior Member Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Morphinity View Post
    Yes. Some of that comes with having a lead though. Teams demonstrate a hit to their possession stats when they have a lead. And the Rangers have led for the 2nd most amount of time in the league.

Honestly, if they could stop blowing leads and fix their PK, a lot of this team's problem can be solved. Obviously it comes down to personnel and overall gameplan though.
    But it would help to protect the lead if you protect the puck. I think there is a reason the rest of the good teams in the league have positive corsi%
    FIRE VIGNEAULT

Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    But it would help to protect the lead if you protect the puck. I think there is a reason the rest of the good teams in the league have positive corsi%
    Oh definitely, good teams tend to have good possession stats. But even the best teams see drops in corsi% when they have a lead vs. when they're tied or trailing. Obviously, that effect is bigger for certain teams over others.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123