Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carl Klingberg?

Junior Member Mite Division TopBigGun's Avatar

Carl Klingberg?

Is CARL KLINGBERG injured?
    Last edited by Morphinity; 04-05-2015 at 09:24 AM.

Shawcappella BSBH Prospect
    Yes. He has been injured.

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Thread of the year

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    Eh, new user. Cut 'em some slack.

I am curious how Klingberg has looked since the trade though. From what I remember reading briefly here, he's actually performed well for the Pack, no?
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you’'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Formerly Richter Redux Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Rome 2.0 View Post
    Eh, new user. Cut 'em some slack.

I am curious how Klingberg has looked since the trade though. From what I remember reading briefly here, he's actually performed well for the Pack, no?
    He was doing very well. 2 goals, 8 assists in 10 games.

That's great to hear. The reason I ask is because his scouting report is a promising read.

Oozes a power forward mentality and some sound scoring acumen. Has good size and work ethic. Is adept at playing sound defensively from either wing position.
    6'3, 205 is a little small for a power forward, but a strong workout regiment and the right training could give him another 5-10 pounds to get him closer to the 210 or 215lb range which is a little more ideal.

The team needs cost-controlled, promising players like this, and I'd personally love to inject more size.

Hows his skating?
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you’'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Let's talk about stickers Junior Division
    That's great to hear. The reason I ask is because his scouting report is a promising read.

6'3, 205 is a little small for a power forward, but a strong workout regiment and the right training could give him another 5-10 pounds to get him closer to the 210 or 215lb range which is a little more ideal.

The team needs cost-controlled, promising players like this, and I'd personally love to inject more size.

Hows his skating?
    He was supposed to have every tool when he came out in the draft. I remember wanting him because he sounded like a Swedish Kreider. His skating is not on that level, but he is still a good skater. He plays with and edge so he's a perfect fit for the 4th line next season because he brings size and toughness to it. Eventually we should have a Swedish 4th line of Klingberg-Lindberg-Fast. And speaking of Lindberg he has been playing unreal hockey down in Hartford lately. He's currently on a 10 game point streak during which he has 8 goals and 5 assists.

The Dolphin Whisperer BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoMinutesForNothing View Post
    He was supposed to have every tool when he came out in the draft. I remember wanting him because he sounded like a Swedish Kreider. His skating is not on that level, but he is still a good skater. He plays with and edge so he's a perfect fit for the 4th line next season because he brings size and toughness to it. Eventually we should have a Swedish 4th line of Klingberg-Lindberg-Fast. And speaking of Lindberg he has been playing unreal hockey down in Hartford lately. He's currently on a 10 game point streak during which he has 8 goals and 5 assists.
    Is Lindberg playing center or wing in HFD?

As for Klingberg, I remember Pat Leonard saying in a Q&A after the trade deadline that the organization was very high on Klingberg.

Also, too many "-bergs."

Lindberg is a center, very good on draws, and yeah I think Klingberg was a very underrated move at the deadline.

Great news. Thanks.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

It makes me wonder where Lindberg fits in this organization.

Quote Originally Posted by Morphinity View Post
    Is Lindberg playing center or wing in HFD?

As for Klingberg, I remember Pat Leonard saying in a Q&A after the trade deadline that the organization was very high on Klingberg.

Also, too many "-bergs."
    In my experience, you can never have too many "-bergs" in your organization. Ditto "-qvists" and "-ströms".
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

It makes me wonder where Lindberg fits in this organization.
    Heir apparent to Moore I think. Can't remember what's left on Moore's deal but he's not here past next season either way.

Heir apparent to Moore I think. Can't remember what's left on Moore's deal but he's not here past next season either way.
    UFA for 16/17.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Would he be better suited for a 3rd line role? Does he PK?

Moore is still here until '17, as Phil said, so unless we trade Moore...

Lindberg's shot at the roster isn't at C, it's at wing. Unless the Rangers deal Dom Moore. Because they love Hayes at 3C.

If the Rangers are really high on him, Klingberg or any other forward in Hartford right now, the guys they're directly in competition for are guys like Hagelin and Fast. They're probably also hoping like hell the Rangers walk away from MSL this summer just to open another roster spot.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Would he be better suited for a 3rd line role? Does he PK?

Moore is still here until '17, as Phil said, so unless we trade Moore...
    Yeah he has the potential for that role for sure. We are talking about a guy that led his team to the SEL championship 2 years ago while winning the playoff MVP. However I don't think we really have an opening at 3rd line center. Maybe if Hayes moves to wing, but we still have Buchnevich coming most likely next season as well. We have a few guys that should be able to come in next season and play, so it should be interesting. Maybe they won't try so hard to bring back Hags or MSL or both.

Lindberg's shot at the roster isn't at C, it's at wing. Unless the Rangers deal Dom Moore. Because they love Hayes at 3C.

If the Rangers are really high on him, Klingberg or any other forward in Hartford right now, the guys they're directly in competition for are guys like Hagelin and Fast. They're probably also hoping like hell the Rangers walk away from MSL this summer just to open another roster spot.
    Yeah would say Lindberg at 4th line wing next season ala Boyle and Moore both being on the 4th last year. Then the next season he shifts to C.

Yeah would say Lindberg at 4th line wing next season ala Boyle and Moore both being on the 4th last year. Then the next season he shifts to C.
    Right. He could also see interim duty there depending on injuries or other fluctuations in production throughout the year. But right now, on paper, there's really no opening.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Lindberg is a center, very good on draws, and yeah I think Klingberg was a very underrated move at the deadline.
    I didn't think the AHL published faceoff statistics.
    Would love to see how he's doing in that department.

I read that he's good, just wish there was some data to back it up.
    Last edited by Puck Head; 04-05-2015 at 02:47 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast