Thread: NYR Sign [D] Brady Skjei to Entry-Level Contract

Former Moderator BSBH Prospect

NYR Sign [D] Brady Skjei to Entry-Level Contract

Notification from NHL Gamecenter. Links to follow.

From the Star Tribune:
    Junior defenseman Brady Skjei's name popped up on the American Hockey League's transaction page as signing an amateur try-out contract with the Hartford Wolfpack, an affiliate of the New York Rangers.
    Skjei played a shutdown role on the backend for the Gophers over the last three seasons. He missed six games this year with injuries, but finished with 10 points (one goal, nine assists), had a plus-eight rating and 29 blocks.
    From Blueshirts United:
    ...defenseman Brady Skjei, the Rangers first round selection in the 2012 NHL Draft, has agreed to terms with the club on an entry level contract. He will join the Hartford Wolf Pack on an ATO and finish out the season playing in the AHL.
    Gordie Clark, the Rangers Director of Player Personnel, has said on many occasions that Skjei has the skill set to eventually produce decent offensive numbers at the National Hockey Level, but first and foremost his true value is his smarts in his own end and an upper-level skating ability. A left handed shot, Skjei stands 6-feet-3 inches tall and weighs 206 pounds, and is solid in front of his own net.
    Still looking for other confirmation of an Entry-Level Contract versus an ATO.
    Last edited by Cash or Czech?; 04-01-2015 at 01:33 PM.

Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    If he plays in Hartford, does that start he ELC?

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    No. He's in Hartford on an ATO.

His ELC doesn't kick in until next season.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"If someone tells me that I've hurt their feelings, I say, “I'm still waiting to hear what your point is.”"
    - Christopher Hitchens

Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    Gotcha, so then does this mean be cant play for the team if they wanted him in the playoffs? What about working out with the team once Hartfords season is over.

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by NYR2711 View Post
    Gotcha, so then does this mean be cant play for the team if they wanted him in the playoffs? What about working out with the team once Hartfords season is over.
    Correct. Ineligible for the playoffs.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"If someone tells me that I've hurt their feelings, I say, “I'm still waiting to hear what your point is.”"
    - Christopher Hitchens

Former Moderator BSBH Legend
    Oh, thought he was going to be our 8th.