Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AMC's 'Fear the Walking Dead'

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend

AMC's 'Fear the Walking Dead'

@RobertKirkman: IT'S OFFICIAL! The walking dead companion show on AMC is called FEAR THE WALKING DEAD! Expect more news very soon! #FearTheWalkingDead

"Fear the Walking Dead" has already been confirmed for two seasons.

Unlike the original series, which takes place on the east coast, the new series will be set in Los Angeles. The series will star Kim Dickens and Cliff Curtis along with Frank Dillane and Alycia Debnam Carey.

Season one will comprise of six one-hour episodes, and will debut on AMC in summer 2015. Season 2 will air in 2016.

We don't know much else about the show, but the first trailer for the series will debut after the 90-minute premiere of "The Walking Dead" Sunday evening.
    http://www.businessinsider.com/the-w...ng-dead-2015-3
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you’'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Growing Member Bantam Division
    Same shit, different timezone?

Quote Originally Posted by McDougalfaschnitzer View Post
    Same shit, different timezone?
    It's a prequel of sorts. It's set in LA and follows the outbreak and breakdown of society from before the events of the main series.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you’'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Growing Member Bantam Division
    I think I've had my fill of TWD. I'd rather have a series for World War Z that actually follows the narrative of the book. I think we are at zombie overload though.

The Dolphin Whisperer BSBH Rookie
    I hate the name, but it has potential to be more interesting than the actual show.

Quote Originally Posted by Morphinity View Post
    I hate the name, but it has potential to be more interesting than the actual show.
    Better than the original name -- 'Cobalt'.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Formerly Richter Redux Midget Division
    I've become numb to the zombies in the regular show. Like, they're just part of the scenery now. For some reason though, this concept gave me chills. Looking forward to it. The concept of the fall to zombiedom is a lot more creepy to me than the regular one. The regular one's barely a horror show to me anymore.

It was never supposed to be a horror show. The entire concept of The Walking Dead is that the living are the Walking Dead. I don't know why more people don't realize this. The show-runners have been saying this since season one, and it's one of the most iconic moments in the comics.

TWD is not a show about zombies. It's a show about people, living in a world with zombies. FTWD will also not be a show about zombies, rather a show about people living in a world as the zombie apocalypse begins.

It's the same play on words.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Shawcappella BSBH Prospect
    Looks awesome. The onset of the apocalypse seems more interesting than the actual surviving after when it's months later. This seems far more chaotic and the lack of knowledge in regards to the walkers makes them more terrifying.

I agree. This looks like it's going to go off like a firecracker. Slow, steady burn, and them boom. Point of no return. Descent into chaos.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Bantam Division rvbcaboose's Avatar
    This is gonna have to be pretty damn good to keep people interested.

Personally, i think TWD is expanding too far too fast. The comics and TV show I think are fine, but between the video games (2 separate series with a 3rd on the way), and this, its beginning to get out of hand. I just hope people appreciate the series for the content, and not just the name on the front.
    Hidden Content

"Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears"

The Dolphin Whisperer BSBH Rookie
    So.... Did anyone watch? Is this any good?

I have it DVR'd. Was busy with Donovan and Masters of Sex last night, so I'll be watching with the wife tonight.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ BSBH Prospect
    It was good
    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Regards,

Patrick Bateman

Sent from my iPhone

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Good first episode. Definitely had a different feel from the walking dead.

Fear the Walking Dead premiere makes cable ratings history

AMC has nothing to fear from Sunday night’s ratings.

The Walking Dead’s companion series got off to a huge start last night.

According to AMC, the series premiere of Fear the Walking Dead delivered 10.1 million viewers and an incredible 6.3 rating among adults 18-49.

That makes Fear the biggest premiere in cable TV history in both total viewers and key demos.
    http://www.ew.com/article/2015/08/24...g-dead-ratings

--

This is the overnight rating. Not accounting for plus-threes or plus-sevens, or DVR.

Wow.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

The artist formerly known as Mr. Smith Junior Division
    I liked it, but man was it slow. If it weren't for DVR, I'd have had a lot of trouble sitting still for 90 minutes. My friend at work made a point that it's probably going to be more of a binge-watch than a week to week type of show. I might take his advice.
    Hidden Content

Did everything just taste purple for a second?

Considering it's a lot of the same crew from TWD, that's to be expected. They write the show to fill out a full seasons' worth of episodes, so there's going to be a lot of slow moments filler.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast