• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Fear the Walking Dead

Phil

• 11 months later...
  • 9 months later...

This show quickly became filler, but the two-episode premiere tonight might have been the best Dead combo since early Walking Dead. It actually felt like a movie between both episodes. They've really upped the horror element.

Casting Dayton Callie (ex-Deadwood, Sons of Anarchy) was brilliant.

This show quickly became filler, but the two-episode premiere tonight might have been the best Dead combo since early Walking Dead. It actually felt like a movie between both episodes. They've really upped the horror element.

Casting Dayton Callie (ex-Deadwood, Sons of Anarchy) was brilliant.

I still can't believe....I mean I didn't expect..... To soon for spoilers???

It already has changed her, as evidenced by that closing scene. I think it's going to galvanize her as the de facto leader of their group of survivors, and toughen her already strong character as the series' lead.

• 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...
I watched for like a season and a half and gave up cuz I thought it sucked. Randomly saw the season 4 finale about a month ago in a re-run and got sucked in. Have binged everything there after. I've still never seen seasons 2 or 3 but don't feel like I've missed much. Everything I've watched recently has been fantastic. Huge difference from from what I remember the show being. I think I like it better than TWD now.

I watched for like a season and a half and gave up cuz I thought it sucked. Randomly saw the season 4 finale about a month ago in a re-run and got sucked in. Have binged everything there after. I've still never seen seasons 2 or 3 but don't feel like I've missed much. Everything I've watched recently has been fantastic. Huge difference from from what I remember the show being. I think I like it better than TWD now.

Yeah, you're probably fine not going back. The first couple of seasons were a little weird because they had a couple of really annoying characters that a lot of people hated — both of whom died. The last few seasons with Morgan basically leading the whole thing have been fantastic.

Morgan saved the show.

Probably, but I actually think Daniel has been a critical leader, too. I also love the addition of Althea. They had a Madison & Nick problem. Once those problems went away, everything opened up. But I do agree that Morgan as a character just has massive appeal, largely because of the allure he built on TWD.

Yeah, that's what I mean — his character arc has been building and building to this, so to see him effectively take on leading an entire group is huge. It's also a major resolution of his originally being saved by Rick in that he's now basically become Rick.

• Phil changed the title to Fear the Walking Dead