• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Fear the Walking Dead

Phil

:tweet: @RobertKirkman: IT'S OFFICIAL! The walking dead companion show on AMC is called FEAR THE WALKING DEAD! Expect more news very soon! #FearTheWalkingDead

"Fear the Walking Dead" has already been confirmed for two seasons.

Unlike the original series, which takes place on the east coast, the new series will be set in Los Angeles. The series will star Kim Dickens and Cliff Curtis along with Frank Dillane and Alycia Debnam Carey.

Season one will comprise of six one-hour episodes, and will debut on AMC in summer 2015. Season 2 will air in 2016.

We don't know much else about the show, but the first trailer for the series will debut after the 90-minute premiere of "The Walking Dead" Sunday evening.

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-walking-dead-spinoff-will-be-called-fear-the-walking-dead-2015-3

• 2 months later...
I've become numb to the zombies in the regular show. Like, they're just part of the scenery now. For some reason though, this concept gave me chills. Looking forward to it. The concept of the fall to zombiedom is a lot more creepy to me than the regular one. The regular one's barely a horror show to me anymore.

It was never supposed to be a horror show. The entire concept of The Walking Dead is that the living are the Walking Dead. I don't know why more people don't realize this. The show-runners have been saying this since season one, and it's one of the most iconic moments in the comics.

we-are-the-walking-dead-rick-grimes-comic.jpeg?w=350&h=200&crop=1

TWD is not a show about zombies. It's a show about people, living in a world with zombies. FTWD will also not be a show about zombies, rather a show about people living in a world as the zombie apocalypse begins.

It's the same play on words.

• 3 weeks later...

This is gonna have to be pretty damn good to keep people interested.

Personally, i think TWD is expanding too far too fast. The comics and TV show I think are fine, but between the video games (2 separate series with a 3rd on the way), and this, its beginning to get out of hand. I just hope people appreciate the series for the content, and not just the name on the front.

• 1 month later...
AMC has nothing to fear from Sunday night?s ratings.

The Walking Dead?s companion series got off to a huge start last night.

According to AMC, the series premiere of Fear the Walking Dead delivered 10.1 million viewers and an incredible 6.3 rating among adults 18-49.

That makes Fear the biggest premiere in cable TV history in both total viewers and key demos.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/08/24/fear-walking-dead-ratings

--

This is the overnight rating. Not accounting for plus-threes or plus-sevens, or DVR.

Wow.