• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

What Shows Should I Watch?

MT, are you into high-fantasy at all? Like Lord of the Rings?

If so, the two shows I'd highly recommend are HBO's Game of Thrones, which is based on George R.R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire series, and History Channel's Vikings, which is based on the life and conquests of Ragnar Lodbrok (Ragnar Lothbrok in the show) – a historical Norse legend, king and hero from the Viking Age.

Here's the trailer for season one of Game of Thrones:

Here's the trailer for season one of Vikings:

MT' date=' are you into high-fantasy at all? Like Lord of the Rings? If so, the two shows I'd highly recommend are HBO's Game of Thrones, which is based on George R.R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire series, and History Channel's Vikings, which is based on the life and conquests of Ragnar Lodbrok (Ragnar Lothbrok in the show) – a historical Norse legend, king and hero from the Viking Age. Here's the trailer for season one of Game of Thrones: * SPOILER * Here's the trailer for season one of Vikings: * SPOILER *[/quote']

Yes I am. Love shit like that actually.

Yes I am. Love shit like that actually.

Game of Thrones I'd wait on, simply because you'd be catching up on four seasons to try to get to the coming fifth.

Vikings is in its third season now. You could easily get through seasons one and two in a weekend. Highly recommend. Puck Head and I are both in love with that show.

Did you do Breaking Bad?

If not MUST MUST MUST watch! I started to binge watch it a few weeks ago and I'm almost done, a simply amazing series that just like people have told me gets better with each episode

Absolutely.....my son had to force me to watch this series. Binged watched and it was probably the best TV series I ever watched. A must watch!

Yup. Another great show, though for my money, went on for two seasons too long.

If you just want a laundry list of great television, here's my rundown — some of which are still airing, some of which have finished:

Game of Thrones

Vikings

Homeland

Breaking Bad

True Detective

House of Cards

Fringe

Ray Donovan

Sons of Anarchy

Southland

The Newsroom

The Walking Dead

Masters of Sex

Game of Thrones!!!!!!1!!11!11!!111!

If you're just downloading stuff, I think Rescue Me and The Shield are both good watches....though they both get a little stale towards the end.

Also, the Newsroom. Second season gets a little weird but A) Jeff Daniels is awesome and B) it's super prevalent to right now.

Oh, absolutely add The Shield to your list. It's Kurt Sutter's (Sons of Anarchy creator) first project. You'll see a lot of carry-over cast members.

Kurt Sutter just loves groups of dudes.

The Shield and SOA are virtually the same show if you look at just the task force and the club.

Archived